WIP Beta released American Road 1.91

Very large (120 sq/km, 11x11 km) map, hundreds kilometers of all types of roads. 8 GB RAM required

1. HatKid787

HatKid787
    Expand Collapse

good im not alone at least i know im not the only person with this issue

2. primo3001

primo3001
    Expand Collapse

I tested it, and I do not have those black textures even if I clear cache.

Have you tried clearing cache? Or maybe you are using some other mods that may cause this?

3. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Before and after clearing cache I still have these broken textures, and a lot of other people have them too, just watch youtubers playing on this map, they also have them, you can't just assume that there is no problem if it's working for you

4. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

Confirm, blacks edges are here.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. primo3001

primo3001
    Expand Collapse

I am trying everything. I tried it on my brother's computer, and it was OK too. It is hard to fix when you don't know what exactly to fix. Maybe I will just reassign those textures, or something. Maybe it will work.

Edit:
    I think I found what's going on. I also have black textures, but when I unpack my mod to fix it - everything goes back to normal. It should not work like this... But it means that temporary solution would be to just unpack mod. It worked for me. I asked on BeamNG support what may be the problem. I hope they will answer soon.

If you want to unpack it, I think you need to unpack americanroad.zip, and place "mymap" folder in Documents/BeamNG.Drive/levels. (Just remember to remove it when the update will come out). Then you need to remove americanroad.zip from BeamNG.Drive folder (or move it to desktop for exemple). But I suggest to just wait for a fix if you are not sure how to do this.

#525 primo3001, Dec 28, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  6. DMZamora

DMZamora
    Expand Collapse

Nevermind... My mistake :)

7. geobeck

geobeck
    Expand Collapse

I also have the missing black textures, but it hasn't kept me off this map. I just discovered the high mountain at the top of the extreme crawler course, and have been recording replays of driving various cars off the cliff. This beats the official cliff map as a car destroyer!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. AlphaBoomer

AlphaBoomer
    Expand Collapse

Hello Mastermind behind this wonderful Map!

I may not be the first to mention the following but am farely new to the Game and this site... so sorry for any inconviniences!
    But I cant help but notice many charcoal black textures on the map, may it be on some offroad trails which are beatifully modeled, where there are gaping black spots or to the roadsides underneath the otherweise beautiful Grass. it really kees the realims and immersion down on this realistic and fun to explore masterpiece!
    I Know what a struggle it is to make such a thing perfect or bugfree, but simply replacing ht eblack with green would do the job.

if i manage to put some screenshots in to underline my issue, i hope i can help. maybe i just have that problem and someone can help!

Thank you guys!

Attached Files:

• ManyblackspotsonLandscape.png
    • BlackSpotsonroadsides.png
    • BlackSpotsonoffroadtrails.png
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. engineer_gaming

engineer_gaming
    Expand Collapse

Unpacking the mod in mod manager fixed the textures for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Simitar

Simitar
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

12. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

#532 Agent_Y, Feb 5, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. primo3001

primo3001
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 2
  14. SuperShep1

SuperShep1
    Expand Collapse

15. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  16. Simitar

Simitar
    Expand Collapse

I will fix the remaining errors now.
    --- Post updated ---
    I have replaced the previously uploaded file with a new one. The link remains the same.

primo3001, Hopefully all errors are gone and can continue to work on this great map

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. WRXN14

WRXN14
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. The Sea Captain

The Sea Captain
    Expand Collapse

The Marauder is not spawning for the Crawling Scenario, it spawns the stock pickup which is essentially unusable off road. Has anyone else encountered this oddity?

19. makkepuu

makkepuu
    Expand Collapse

I took a new approach to the Impossible TimeTrial. I chose Cherrier Vivace asphalt rally, changed the gearbox to CJD's 7 speed sequential. Longer final drive and adjusted the gears so that 1-5 acts like vanilla asphalt rally but 6 is a bit longer and 7 is truly highway gear. It went over the mountain like a dream but the rally setup was quite horrible on speeds over 220kmh.
    Still didn't get the 29:xx.xxx :(

• Like Like x 1
  20. ARES IV

ARES IV
    Expand Collapse

Wow, that still quite impressive. American road in general and this time trial in particular can be treacherous.... long high speed segments occasionally followed by far to harmless looking curves that can put a swift end to your dreams of making it to the finish line.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice