Released American 80's Fullsize Series 2.1

disguised pre-release test car of a famous car brand.

1. austen64

austen64
    Expand Collapse

While you're fixing the mod, perhaps you could convert the custom wheels to the universal wheel system so we don't have to switch between hubs and can use the wheels on other cars?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

All the custom wheels have been converted into a separated mod last october. Check my other mods to find it !
    Custom wheels of the Oldsfullsize mod will remain specific.

3. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

Will you also fix the mod that adds dirt and rusted texture to the wheels and tires too or will that be for another time ?

4. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

What is the issue with this mod ?, i got no report and i havn't tested it since a long time.

5. Elving

Elving
    Expand Collapse

It still works fine, i use it all the time and love it!
    I dont know if he means to add the new wheels and tires that has been added ( The big crawler wheels and the new rally tires for example) They are not supported yet as they use new textures.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Ah yeah, i supposed it was that, thank you ! I could do an update of it pretty quick.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Elving

Elving
    Expand Collapse

Here is just a fast example :)

Attached Files:

• screenshot_2020-08-07_11-01-36.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

okay thanks, i just have to dive into the process again and it will be easy to fix :)

• Like Like x 3
  9. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

no what I meant was the new Crossplies, I didn't test other tires (which I should have because every car I drive has Bias plys) and thought that they were no longer working

10. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

I'm making a color fix on the mod, using Car Killer tips for metal paint.
    Here is how the metallic medium camel looks like currently after the last major change in materials :
    screenshot_2020-08-07_13-04-53.jpg

And now here it is with adjusted color and additionnal metal flakes :
    screenshot_2020-08-07_13-04-17.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  11. sertix

sertix
    Expand Collapse

there is alredy a mod for that and works for all tires, rims and hubcaps. the mod is still working in the new update

12. SouthernPacificfanboi

SouthernPacificfanboi
    Expand Collapse

It was fun while it lasted, hope the fix comes soon

13. austen64

austen64
    Expand Collapse

Those wheels don't have Chevrolet/Oldsmobile branding.

14. appesh1

appesh1
    Expand Collapse

Thank you, actually. The only way I knew how to make custom wheels was with the older common folders and this does help a lot

15. Minifig24

Minifig24
    Expand Collapse

I was very sad to find out this mod is now broken. In fact the majority of the mods I've tried since the most recent game update are now broken. Sad since some of them will probably never be fixed either.

Glad to hear you are going to try and fix this one, it is one of my favorites. Though I understand it might be a while because your busy with important life stuff, I wish I had that excuse for not getting personal projects done, I'm just lazy!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Derp_de_Herp

Derp_de_Herp
    Expand Collapse

I'm also trying to fix some old mods and I've noticed the new hatred of certain syntaxes by the new version of the game, would you happen to be able to inform me as to what parts exactly are wrong with these lines you found? Like is it empty quotes ("")? No space between each set of brackets (vs a comma and then a space)? I'm just guessing lol but if you do know I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me

Thanks in advance!

17. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

There are almost no other mods with Oldsmobile cars or Chevy of that era, so no real issue. I'm sorry but i prefer the mod to have its own wheels easily selectable, the BeamNG hub is there to allow the use of all the other wheels. Anyway if i wanted to change that i'll have eventually to rename all the wheels and also to edit almost everyone of the 150 presets of the mod, so for now, i don't want to deal with this effort.

But thinking about it, a quick mod can easily be made to add the Chevy and Olds logo to the wheels pack, i'll do it and post in the wheelpack discussion.

For now i just saved in comment the older lines and deleted the source of error in new ones, without seeing issue for this in the mod. Maybe it will get a fix in the next hotfix, as well as the errors in lua code.

Anyway, as soon as it's fixed, i'll post an update.

Car_killer just allowed me to use his specular map from his Cherrier paint addon, so i'm pretty happy with the shinyness it brings to the paint. I just have to create a new metallic paint Skin to add the flakes (or remove them by unselecting the skin), and now see what are all the dependant textures for the trick to work lol (bodypainted wheels mainly). Sadly, i'll have to choose between no flakes or flakes for all cars on the rusty skins. Maybe no flakes on rusty skins and flakes for beaters. I'm also wondering if child part are possible for skins, so it could be a solution for adding metallic flakes on rusty skins without duplicate all of them in the list.

screenshot_2020-08-08_12-52-55.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  18. DiRF

DiRF
    Expand Collapse

You're making the assumption most people actually read anything before posting "OMG IT'S NOT WORKNG PLAES FIX NOW" complaints...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  19. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

I'm just providing the information that if you download the current version of the mod it won't work. This version is outdated :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. 1989ranger

1989ranger
    Expand Collapse

hope you can fix it soon, this was one of my favorite mods :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice