1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

AI keyboard controls/pre-determined course?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by MiataMan1993, May 31, 2019.

Tags:
  1. MiataMan1993

MiataMan1993
    Expand Collapse

Hello.

I was wondering if there was a way to toggle the AI from a keyboard control rather than from the menu or AI app, or if there was a way to set up some kind of key binding to do so? It's a long story, but in short, I want the AI to drive the vehicle a certain distance, but I could turn the AI off at any time because I plan to record the car with the UI hidden and from the external camera mode.

If you must know my reasoning, I'm making a mini-film about Group B using BeamNG, and as you imagine it is hard to drive a car fast through the woods from the external camera angle, and without the UI. So I would want to have the AI drive, but after a while, I would want the AI to turn off so I could then crash the car (as crashes were all too common it that motorsport), but without having to turn the UI back on. I tried using the "risk" variable in the AI app, but it didn't give me the results I needed.

If there is a way to have the AI drive a pre-determined course or the like that would also work for what I'm doing.

Ideas and/or answers would be highly appreciated!

2. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

Why not lay down some decal road where you want the car to drive off the road and hide a target at the end of that decal road, and set the ai to chase?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice