Advice on first PC build (already parts selected)

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Brugink, Mar 3, 2019.

?

Is this a good PC config

1. YES

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Maybe

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. NO

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Please never post here agian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No clue, just trolling the BeamNG forums

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. A Turbocharged Turbocharger

A Turbocharged Turbocharger
    Expand Collapse

Running one car in beam depends on the gpu
    Multiple cars utilize more cores/threads, so if you have an x-sku cpu, you should be fine. You can always overclock a little if necessary. A newer cpu won't necessarily help in running a not-too-well optimized game

2. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

Yes, more tech nerds that watch tech nerds on youtube.
    --- Post updated ---
    Yes I suppose that makes enough sense.

3. A Turbocharged Turbocharger

Expand Collapse

I suppose it all comes down to airflow in your case. If you have limited airflow, go liquid.
    Air coolers release the air into the rest of the case, and it is released by the exhaust fan.
    Liquid coolers absorb the heat through the fluids, then the radiator ejects the heat out the top/side of the case
    the meshify c has good airflow, so you should be fine unless you decide to sli your gpus later on

4. Brugink

Brugink
    Expand Collapse

A quick update, when I posted I was buying the PC I did indeed buy all the parts and even known not everybody thought that the parts combination was the best I really enjoyed using the PC, until this afternoon seen as one of the two RAM modules died (suddenly got programs not opening and constant BSOD`s with four different error codes). I have identified the malfunctioning ram module and filed a return for said stick, but It will probably be a pain to get them to replace the stick and I`ll most likely need to return both sticks rendering the PC unusable for a while.
    And for anybody posting new suggestions in this thread I`m sorry for never responding but seen as I did do the 'Buying now' post I just left the thread run for potential other people looking into PC build seen as my hardware was fully set at that point.
    And for another discussion subject the CPU cooler I choose (the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO) does not let the not yet overclocked i5-9600K get to 60 degrees Celsius at prolonged full CPU usage.

5. A Turbocharged Turbocharger

Expand Collapse

The hyper 212 eco is a great bang4urbuck cooler

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice