Solved Adding differentials ?

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by LucasBE, Oct 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. LucasBE

LucasBE
    Expand Collapse

Hey!

I'm working on a mod that add front differentials for most of the cars. But i don't know how how to to this!

This will be a great start for me on modding!

Thanks!

2. D-Troxx

D-Troxx
    Expand Collapse

there already is a mod like this somewhere on the forums.

3. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Burk's Differentials mod adds Front and Rear Differentials to most cars but it hasn't been updated for a while so the latest cars will not have them.

4. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Not a very productive answer if the OP wants to learn to mod. :-|

@LucasBlueEyes - Take a look here, this includes what you want. http://www.beamng.com/threads/tutorial-vehicle-performance-and-components-modification-simple.4261/

FWIW I don't think that the tutorial I linked to covers much on how to properly package mods and avoid overwriting game files. Basically you'll want to create a separate file to put your parts into, formatted the same as the stock files are. Make sure that your parts all have unique names. Make sure that your filename isn't the same as any stock content. That's about it. I think this is the current packing info.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ChevyDriver

ChevyDriver
    Expand Collapse

I´m sorry to bump this thread, but does anyone have a link to Burk´s mod? Can´t find it anywhere :/

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice