WIP Beta released Adams parts thread / /truggy update now full 4link

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by ADAM001, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

Re: Adams parts thread / /EXT CAB LONG//

Van one works fine.

2. ADAM001

ADAM001
    Expand Collapse

Hmm thats off as it uses the exact same suspension jbeam and main jbeam. Works perfect for me never had a problem. When im done with the truggy ill upload the update along with the full zip. Ill be done by the morning so give it a try then.

Speaking of truggy I've decided to go with the short ext cab. also ive decide to do a axial scx-10 type bed cage along with the same 4link suspension setup. Let me know what you think

- - - Updated - - -

So its 5am for me here in California, I've stayed all night trying to get the truggy rear end done. So far I've lifted the bed cage up a little so wheels dont go through it and finished the 4 link and jbeam for it. May still need a little work but i like it so far. Here's a comparison of the 3 link vs 4 link

Attached Files:

• 2015-09-25_01.56.43.jpg
    • 2015-09-25_01.57.24.jpg
    • 2015-09-25_01.59.35.jpg
    • 2015-09-25_01.58.10.jpg
    • 2015-09-25_05.03.10.jpg
  3. Flargingod

Flargingod
    Expand Collapse

Alright so I copied the files over into the appropriate pickup and van folders, and there's just nothing there for either one of them. Completely stock, as-is vehicles. Is there something I'm missing in installation? I opened the parts .zips, and copied the contents over into the .zips in the content directory. As far as I know, there shouldn't be any mod conflicts either.

4. ADAM001

ADAM001
    Expand Collapse

Im about to update in a bit with the full pickup zip. Try it then

- - - Updated - - -

Updated with new zip

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed pickup zip not working and crashing game

5. Flargingod

Flargingod
    Expand Collapse

Tried the new .zip, same issue. Nothing there. I don't have any mods for the truck either...thoroughly confused.

6. ADAM001

ADAM001
    Expand Collapse

Have you delete cache??

7. Oshawott

Oshawott
    Expand Collapse

Re: Adams parts thread / /updated as one//

How did you fix the texture on the grazer.

8. Flargingod

Flargingod
    Expand Collapse

I did. I'll try re-installing.

9. ADAM001

ADAM001
    Expand Collapse

Hmm. Not sure what the problem. Is. Try this.. delete all cache, then delete pickup zip, then install mine, then run the game.
    If this doesn't work ill try asking gabester or AR

- - - Updated - - -

I am please to say I am pretty sure I found the problem. I opened up the jbeam file to edit it and came to find out not even the editor would read the jbeam file. All the html was ther but nothing on the visual screen. I then opened up the stock ifs file that I made it from and compared it side by side. Turns out I was missing a comma and the locked transfer case I added had a extra character. After I fixed that I loaded it again into the editor and everything was ther. Ill update it tonight and hopefully it will be fixed for everyone. Not sure why my computer was reading it fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Updated with fixed sas

- - - Updated - - -

Hope its working for everyone if it isn't let me know and ill keep digging for the problem. Im in the middle of making some rock sliders and and a stinger for the front

10. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

i don't know why no-one has made these yet, they are one of the first things you get for a 4wd to prevent damage.

Downloading the new zip now, is it meant to replace the original zip or is it just an add-on?

11. shadowace95

shadowace95
    Expand Collapse

Re: Adams parts thread / /fixed sas//

How about a 4 link front end too?

12. ADAM001

ADAM001
    Expand Collapse

Replacing it for now untill I can get the files seporate again.

- - - Updated - - -

Already I progress as well. Ill post some pics tomorrow

13. ADAM001

ADAM001
    Expand Collapse

Re: Adams parts thread / /fixed sas//

Update truggy is now ready for some crawling. Still need to do some minor adjustments but thats about it. Also rock sliders for all frame and body's. I think they work really great and they actually helpl rather than making things worse.

14. shadowace95

shadowace95
    Expand Collapse

I'd like for the full four link to work on the sas instead of just the crawler and i notice on the front there is no links or springs on the sas, and the fuel tank rubs the rear coilovers. So far this is my favorite mod though it reminds me alot of the redneck mobile woods buggy my uncle used to own, i love it. And yes i deleted the cache.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00000.png
    • screenshot_00001.png
    • screenshot_00002.png
  15. ADAM001

ADAM001
    Expand Collapse

Haha thanks for the heads up on the cashe but unknown exactly what the problem is. Whem I packed it all some how my computer mixed up the files with the backup. Ill fix soon because the Knuckles on the sas dont rotate proper but I've already fixed it on the 4 link. Also with the 4 link on all vehicles ill see what I can do with it because I would also like that but id need to fit a new frame that uses the proper shock mounting

16. Lamarche89

Lamarche89
    Expand Collapse

I have deleted my cache multiple times, also tried deleting some mods that may interfere with it.I also notice the tranny isn't there same with the 4link, and a few other just are not there. I've had this working previously but can't get it going after the last few updates. Any suggestions on a fix would be awesome!

I fixed it, just did placed all the files in the original pickup folder.

Attached Files:

• 2015-10-01_00001.jpg
    • 2015-10-01_00002.jpg
    #56 Lamarche89, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  17. Flargingod

Flargingod
    Expand Collapse

I forgot to report back but I solved the issue. For whatever reason my game kept the old cache from the last version of beamng and both cache folders were existent at the same time. I deleted both, and once I did that everything worked as advertised. Thanks for the help.

18. dman1049

dman1049
    Expand Collapse

I have deleted the cache. The truck spawns as this... Rear truggy parts are missing. There is no SAS option. I have the 64mb file you have attached to the first post... Is there something else I am doing wrong?

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00000.jpg
  19. Logi_Veloce

Logi_Veloce
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for bumping this if this was already asked, but, how do you install this?

20. Stiggy111

Stiggy111
    Expand Collapse

I have the issue with no SAS and no textures with the Glazer body.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice