Accessing the game engine thru TorqueScript

Discussion in 'Programming' started by NOCARGO, Oct 31, 2019.

1. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

I know the title may sound a little weird but I have a serious question to the expert or 'junior expert'
    programmer / scripter (as I myself am far from) who might read this. I know you are out there so
    please allow me a thought or opinion :) :

This question came to me while searching for a way to make particles collidable. I discovered that
    people succeeded in making particles in T3d collidable as early as 2014. On top of that it even was
    done by adding but a few simple lines of code to the file within T3d that is responsible for it and without
    loss (or any significant loss) of performance. That file is a 'T3d header file' and is called particleEngine.h .
    Does anyone know if there's a chance that this file can be overwritten by means of CS file ? Or might
    there be any chance of 'talking' to the compiled Torque files thru scripting ? On one hand I would say
    it's definitely not possible, on the other I would say anything is possible so..

As an alternative for changing the standard particle system I have also been thinking about using JS
    or even LUA for creating a whole independent particle system but that would require a lot more time
    to achieve. It would be super cool if the devs would be willing and able to implement this feature in
    a future update, especially since I found out that it doesn't seems that much of trouble to add. Or
    might there maybe be a problem with it ? Anyway, in the meantime I would try to see if I can maybe
    get something going so, maybe someone has a thought ?

Thanks,
    NC

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice