1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.39 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

About to buy BeamNG, how well will my PC run it?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Iridescent, May 27, 2019.

  1. Iridescent

    Iridescent
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 26, 2019
    Messages:
    33
    PC model: Dell G3 3579
    CPU: i5 8300H
    GPU: GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5
    OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Drive: 1TB Solid State Hybrid Drive (5400 RPM) with 8 GB Flash (actually I'm not sure if this is correct it might just be an SSD)

    Approximately how well will BeamNG run at medium-high settings on average?
     
    #1 Iridescent, May 27, 2019
    Last edited: May 27, 2019
  2. JsZ

    JsZ
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2018
    Messages:
    594
    Your CPU is well above the recommended mid tier i5. Your GPU is also decent, I have a desktop 1050 and I can get a solid 60fps on most maps med/high settings
    I don't know how much the Hybrid drive will affect performance though, as I have an ssd for everything, but I would think that it wouldn't matter too much.
    Overall your pc is well equipped for BeamNG at med/hi settings
     
  3. Iridescent

    Iridescent
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 26, 2019
    Messages:
    33
    I read somewhere that a solid state drive retrieves information faster than a hard disk drive so I don't think it would affect performance negatively if at all. Thanks for the info.
     
  4. Tsutarja495

    Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2014
    Messages:
    822
    An SSHD (hybrid drive), while not as fast as an actual SSD, is still significantly faster than a traditional HDD. Your PC is well within spec to comfortably run BeamNG.
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. fufsgfen

    fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2017
    Messages:
    6,773
    Laptops are bit weaker than desktops even on paper they might look similar, in practice cooling can cause slowdowns.

    However only trouble would be Italy map and some biggest mod maps, maybe West Coast USA, those might not run 60fps all the time when graphics set to normal, no ssao or reflections which would be settings to use with that hardware.
     
  6. Iridescent

    Iridescent
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 26, 2019
    Messages:
    33
    Anything above 30 or 40 is good enough for me; how how well do you think my PC would run Italy at medium settings?
     
  7. JsZ

    JsZ
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2018
    Messages:
    594
    Well considering that you have a mobile 1050 ti, it would have less power than a desktop 1050 ti. My friend has an overclocked desktop GT 1030, which is pretty weak and probably is worse than your mobile 1050ti, but he can get around 40 fps on Italy with normal settings so one can assume that you would probrably be around the 40-50fps mark, maybe even 60 if you overclocked which I don't recommend you do since laptops tend to have crap cooling.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  8. fufsgfen

    fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2017
    Messages:
    6,773
    Probably that or better with ingame content, bus might be bit slower and several vehicles might slow things down quite lot, but 40-60 with settings I posted should not be too far from the truth.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Iridescent

    Iridescent
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 26, 2019
    Messages:
    33
    Good to know, Italy looks gorgeous and I don't want it to be unplayable due to lag. And yes, I have noticed my fans are very loud at times, so I've propped up my PC on a book so it can let out air faster.
     
  10. JsZ

    JsZ
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2018
    Messages:
    594
    I have a laptop too, although not as powerful (i7 8550u nvidia mx150) it can still play BeamNG pretty well. It gets pretty hot though when in tough maps almost 100 C so I got one of these which helps a lot with the cooling. you basically put your laptop on it and it blows cool air into it and now my temps on my laptop are around 70C max.

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NNMB3KS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
     
  11. CN877

    CN877
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2017
    Messages:
    1,465
    You should have no problem running the game on medium settings. You will likely also be able to play at max settings (incl. dynamic reflections) on a comfortable frame rate (30-40) providing you don't spawn too many vehicles :)
     
  12. default0.0player

    default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2018
    Messages:
    2,158
    Suggestion:
    Turn OFF vsync
    Turn ON FPS-limiter, set to 55
    Turn ON Hardware-acceleration UI
     
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Iridescent

    Iridescent
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 26, 2019
    Messages:
    33
    Update: I think my PC has a simple HDD although I'm not sure the exact specs because Dell's website is not good for looking up these things.
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice