1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

a thing that bothers me.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ghost187, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Ghost187

Ghost187
    Expand Collapse

im pretty sure that Minecraft, Roboblox, Forza etc. have their own websites and forums... so why do it here?
    also im pretty sure that there are entire websites and forums dedicated to roleplay weirdos... same question.
    dont get me wrong, its just odd to see all this BeamNG unrelated threads here.

not to mention all the useless threads like, this vehicle is based of that one, what did you eat for breakfast this morning? and why do you collect scale cars? etc. there are forums on the web for such things goddamnit.

makes me loose more and more interest in this forum.

i didnt contribute a lot to the forum/game but im a member since 2013 and helped people with their projects here and there and had fun doing so...but from what im seeing this forum is going downhill.

sry if i offend anyone, sincerely,
    Ghost.

if threads like mentioned above have the right to be posted here, the consern of a day one member sure does also!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

It's been mentioned before on another thread, the forum has been going downhill since BeamNG has been made famous by Youtuber's.

• Agree Agree x 9
  3. ShrimpShady

ShrimpShady
    Expand Collapse

--- Post updated ---
    I agree, but nobody plays just one game. so quit whining!

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00014.png
  4. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

I don't mind that there are odd posts here and there, that's the way that the RoR forums used to be (and still vaguely are) and seeing as that was the first forum I was ever a part of, I just got used to it.

That being said however, for every 20-30 threads that were RoR related, there would be one that was off topic. Here it seems like its every other thread that's off topic (I just had a scroll and saw 6 different threads about scale cars... I mean... love your hobby man but chill out guys) which is extremely irritating. While people do do real word other things in life then this game... isn't that what other dedicated forums (as mentioned) are for?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

You must have a sad life, if something like this can make you complain. Wow..

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

and all of those forums have areas where they talk about things that arent minecraft roblox or forza

• Like Like x 1
  7. Neidjel

Neidjel
    Expand Collapse

The problem, imho, is mostly that pressing "what's new" or "new posts" will also show topics in groups you're not part of. All those scale model topics and most of the rp ones etc are usually in their own groups, not on the "regular" forum.

Simply not including groups you're not part of in the new posts section or being able to ignore certain groups would help a lot, I think, but afaik that's currently not possible.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Ghost187

Ghost187
    Expand Collapse

wich wasnt my point at all... i play several games too, but if i want to post something about it i do it on the website of the thing i want to post about.
    did you post that picture to prove my original point ?

9. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

What I don't get is why groups post from groups you aren't even in are showing up in the "what's new" tab. There is no point for it to show up there if you don't care about it.
    If i recall correctly it only shows up there if the group is a "anyone can join without an request" type but it's still dumb that it shows up there. There was a thread about this even.
    EDIT ninja'd by @Neidjel

Also there are two threads in the general offtopic I don't look at the new posts of: scale cars and caption for the avatar above.

I don't watch the "scale cars" thread because I don't care about it. Otherwise I'm pretty neutral to it i guess.
    But the "caption fot the avatar above you" thread just seems like a spam thread for me and really is pretty pointless. We don't learn anything from a user by reading the posts there like we would any other thread, instead it's just with random stuff about the other guys avatar. I'm not bothered by the users posting there i'm just bothered by the thread in itself.

#9 BowlerHatJack, Nov 19, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ghost187

Ghost187
    Expand Collapse

yupp, but not as sad as the life of people who do roleplay on non roleplay websites i guess.
    edit: i asked a question... how is that equal to a complaint?

#10 Ghost187, Nov 19, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  11. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

A thing that bothers me... are the daily threads about how things were oh-so-much better back when BeamNG was new.

There's a whole sub forum for off-topic arguments. Isn't it what the off-topic section is for?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Cool Username

Cool Username
    Expand Collapse

I do agree that the forum has been going downhill lately, but it is what you make of it. If everyone contributes to making this place better, commenting, producing content, speculation on game updates, and just playing beam and posting about it will make this forum a better place to be.

I can see the draw to roleplaying in beamng.drive and just general talk, you are already talking to someone who you know has something in common with you, you both love beamng. The community is a group of people who are similar to you, everyone here likes cars and video games. It's almost like a social media site, in a way. It connects a community. In this way, threads bashing these people are unneeded.

There is a large influx of useless threads like the ones you mentioned, but, "Everybody's gotta learn, nobody's born knowing." No one comes on to the forum knowing all the little nuances and things that bug people, like bumping threads or making useless ones. Before you can comment, or make a new thread, it should tell you these things in some sort of pop-up so that people can learn, instead of being shouted at over the internet. The posting guidelines are a step in the right direction, but i think that they are not enough.

I do agree that there are other sites to talk about different games (Forza, Minecraft, Roblox, etc.), but what harm are they doing really? As long as they stay in their designated section (off topic discussion), they are actually contributing to this forum, bringing newer people to the table to discuss beamng. It can be annoying to see rp threads and scale model threads (as said above), but something to fix this would be to have 2 "What's New?" tabs, one for strictly beamng-related content, and one for the general/off topic discussion.

Overall, everyone can do a little more to make this forum better, and threads like this one are an over-discussed topic that should be put to rest. Stop beating that horse, it's already dead.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

We have the luck of having a quite active forum.

The off-topic section is entirely dedicated for anything that isn't BeamNG.Drive.
    Posts in there do not count in the total post count.

Roleplay is not allowed on the forums, only in groups (which, if you are not part of them, shouldn't bother you).

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Because people enjoy talking to others who share many same interests (For example, people who like BeamNG and model cars). This shouldn't even have to be explained in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. holographicdreams

holographicdreams
    Expand Collapse

I see your point of view, just nobody would probably be on the forums if all threads were strictly enforced to be related to the game.

16. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

One of the main complaints I've heard about those groups is that the posts still show up in the What's New tab. Besides that, I don't think most people have any problems with roleplay groups.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

These threads are dime a dozen. everyone check out my roblox page!

18. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Subscribe to all the good threads and ignore the rest.

Look at What's New every now and then.

BeamNG forum fixed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

What rock did you crawl out from under zappymouse? the miata must be taking all your time up. I've officially turned this thread into a chit chat what's new thread. executive decision non negotiable.

20. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

Well, why do it on Minecraft, Roblox, or Forza instead of here? These forums are here to unite people who all have similar interests in the game and in cars in general, much like the Minecraft and Forza forums

I'd like to point out that those other roleplay 'weirdos' websites are actually weird when as here it's more so civilized

And those useless threads you talk about, this is a great example of one, this is just spam that could have been posted in one of those 'useless' threads instead of making a whole new useless one for your own pleasure

I don't see how roleplay weirdos can effect you if you arent in a RP group, as real lee play isn't allowed on open forums

And, to add to your spam, there is a section for off topic posts like this in the off topic section, not in this one, as someone who has been here since 2013 you should know things like this by now

It really is odd seeing this thread, one not at all related to beamng, on the forums, eh?
    Well get used to it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice