WIP Beta released A new *CITY* map - LOS INJURUS 2023-12-20

Los Injurus 2023, now featuring 11-foot-8 bridge!

1. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Hey, uh. When I download this. I keep getting a network failed error. Why do you think that is? Just curious.

2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Probably the fact that this is like the biggest mod ever and it pushes the downloading process to the limit or something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, though it's a recent issue of mine. Maybe it's just my internet.

4. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

@Grind86 It's your internet. Come on here and download it manually. If you get on the supporter beta program through Patreon, you'll get MEGA NZ links to the file updates every 3 weeks to 1 month, and that I believe supports spotty connections. Try connecting to the internet router via an ethernet cable and not a wifi antennae. Wifi is not very reliable and even a microwave in the next room will murder the signal. Keep large appliances out of the path between you and the router's signal if using wifi for best results.
    The BeamNG Drive mods server here does not support lost packets, but I believe it DOES support resuming broken downloads manually.

The new textures used at the airport (the grey pavement) here are what's possible with folks supporting the map. I want to thank all that put time and money into signing up for the Patreon and that it REALLY makes a big difference. Without your support, we'd still be stuck with the old textures, and the building's only got half it's detail (it will have a higher detail eventually as the city is further along).
    The taxiways have better edging now and it blends much better, and the area behind the main building got reworked and lowered 2.x meters.
    There is now a truck-friendly area (back of terminal pictured) for loading and unloading. There is no stopping in the red zone. Oh, wait, yeah this isn't AIRPLANE the movie (watch it if you haven't, even if you only see the first 15 minutes, it's one of the best movies ever made).
    There is now proper drainage and slightly sunken storm water inlets allow for realism on a level not often seen in video games. Oversized inlets and gravity-fed retention ponds (like through the opening in the curb on the little access road on the side of the terminal building in the last shot, it's a small concrete section leading down to the retention pond) help with required open space mandates AND storm water buffering simultaneously. If you drive around your town, have a look for them, they're almost everywhere. You might be shocked just how common they are.
    Crosswalks have been added, and parking space delineation on the side of the departures (top level) and arrivals/pickup (bottom level). There are breezeways to allow for pedestrians walking out of the arrival level on the bottom, to cross under the departures as to not impede 50% of the airport's traffic (it would be much less, since most people would be walking by this point vs being dropped off). This way you only have to cross one road no matter what level you're on. Many airports use this in larger and even "only medium sized" cities.

I still have to make the long-term-parking lot (the blank open space between the flyover interchange and the airport terminal building itself), complete with attended toll booths and a bus lane (courtesy shuttle).
    I still have to make the runway puzzle pieces and install them, and then place the dock edging / seafloor around the extra 2 runways on the ocean side of the concourse buildings (the buildings where you board or disembark to/from). These runways will be much longer than the existing ones, almost twice as long (or there-about). They are off the edge of the terrain and thus require to be built with all mesh pieces.
    I still have to finish upgrading the new asphalt look for the rest of the roads. The parking-lots might get worked over to, but at-least I'll get around to fixing the stupid bug where the 'parking stall' (where you park) lines glitch through the surface (happens in a few spots around the map which use those pieces).

That is all for right now. I hope the pilot in all of us will enjoy this when the next supporter beta lands.
    --- Post updated ---
    Found the tunnel bug and why it's slow. VRAM use can hit 8+ GB on highest detail textures. Use one notch lower texture detail if you get REAL SLOW at times near the airport etc.
    See the VRAM use? This 2070 Super has 8GB (8192mb), and it's using all of it. The operating system will automatically use system ram as needed if you go over the 8gb. System RAM is much slower than video memory, and thus causes slowdown (10~20fps all of a sudden, doing that for a while).
    So yeah, I'll be removing some less-needed textures and doing some optimization to get the video RAM use down in the next week or two. If enough people have an issue (which is very likely, I've already got a number of complaints on the topic, DERP, this didn't happen to me until now), I will upload a public version sooner. I will not ruin the map's knack for high definition textures, I will just be making sure high detail fits within 7GB to 7.5GB, or make a texture pack available in the forums with replaced or reduced textures.
    Please understand that to develop a map properly, you must go all-in and then cut back where needed. I don't need this looking like a Rig-of-rods or Midtown Madness map now (even if both those games are awesome and I spent many many hours playing both of them).

Attached Files:

• VRAM_use_makes_it_SLOW.png
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for conforming that ;)
    I'll need a few weeks to figure it out.

6. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Confirmed working here, no bugs or issues on my end except the following:
    Water splash FX everywhere there is asphalt, This seems to be on MY END only - very bothersome, let me know if you get this with your system configuration
    Odd render issues like a version of the terrain and water rendered from super-duper high in the air without perspective in the message window (top left), minimally bothersome however

7. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

From brief looking there no splashes on asphalt for me. R5 1600 16GB 1050ti

8. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

No, it ended up being something, somewhere, that I couldn't find in my user folder. No clue, will take some more time to look through it when I have the time.

Somehow survived the update to 0.21!
    Los Injurus fixes:
    Fixed some long curbs not having collision,
    fixed some road colors not blending very well, and updated some of the road textures at the airport runways* not blending properly. Lots of work at the airport for what it's worth improving the place.
    The SPRAWL MART and one of the moist grocery stores (and an apartment complex near sprawl mart) had used the 'long curb' models that for some reason didn't have collision.
    *some of that with the airport edging texture I fixed the other day, as I've been doing A LOT of work to spruce up the existing areas of the civilian airport and give it an improvement pass bringing it from 2016 up to present-day quality. It's still not done, but it's getting there and I have more work to do on it.

Both of these main issues (blending textures, and curbing not colliding) were not show stopping bugs, and were not caused directly by 0.21 but mainly by a material editor fault in the code and by me messing up curb models (the curbs are only used in 3 different lots I believe, and maybe somewhere else).

Work will continue mostly at the civilian airport for now.
    The next release of Los Injurus will have some texture quality reduced / textures condensed etc, to lighten the load a bit and keep things below the 8gb barrier of VRAM, so it does not get slow. I will not however bring back MUD textures, those won't come back for sure, just a few things here and there where I can cut corners to save space/bandwidth/VRAM.

9. Bauer33333

Bauer33333
    Expand Collapse

What do you think about adding a BRT line?
    Your map is the only city map I know that's big enough for proper bus racing.

And your subway stations are a bit weird, you should add platforms on both sides of the track, people do not only want to be able to travel to work but also back home.

But otherwise your map is absolutely great, exploring it never get's boring, especially because everytime you load it there is something new and awesome.

10. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

The other side of the track that does not catch many underground stations is the express line, which only has a few stops. The subway stations will become more detailed in due time, they are merely placeholders (the above ground ones or sunken stations are pretty much 'done' or close to good enough but the underground ones are absolute rubbish). I may add complexity and other stations / more stations to the 'other side' of the track later on in development but it really depends on performance budgets as far as rendering more things goes.
    Why are the underground ones so bad? They were merely placeholders in a concept, because beamng never really had much underground stuff at all before this, it even predates the Utah mines by a number of months. I didn't know if BeamNG could handle underground stations + subway lines IN ADDITION to everything at ground level / above ground. But I guess it worked because it's still in the map. In-fact, as luck would have it, since they're not too detailed, the game can render the above ground stuff and below ground stuff just fine (plus it doesn't render much from far away due to my optimizations, if you're far from it such as across the lake from it, it may not render at all. Building interiors / stations won't render unless you're within close proximity of a block or so except the track tunnel part itself, so you don't see sky from underground when looking at it).
    Expect nice subway stations, with lighting, reflective surfaces, benches, illuminated signs, ambient noise (and underground rumbles) in the spring time, late spring or 'before summer'. I have much on the plate currently and can't address it sooner. I still have to add forklift mod support after messing with the airport more.

My screenshot key doesn't work in BeamNG Drive for some reason, so you'll have to deal with screen captures for now. Click to expand the shots below, this is just a partial preview of what's to come here at the large civilian airport. I still haven't added all the runways in yet that will be in addition to what's already there. Expect a big visual difference in many areas, primarily access roads and immediate surroundings to them. Trying to get the hang of these new textures, really trying to bring it up to at-least GTA V quality on the roads themselves.
    Three new jumps, new curbs (37 new curbing pieces to be exact), more signs, proper drainage and some taper (it's called 'cant') on the roadways where I'm able to add it for realism.
    Expect even more detail over the coming days as I find time to add it in.

Attached Files:

• Screenshot_button_not_working.png
    • Screenshot_button_not_working_2.png
    • Screenshot_button_not_working_3.png
    • Screenshot_button_not_working_4.png
    • Like Like x 3
  11. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

0.20.2 ???

12. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Yes, the editor in 0.21.x is crashing when duplicating objects (such as road striping - the lines on the road - and sections of asphalt etc). I use duplication to speed up work in an area, and to make things more consistent, as manual entry is much more error-prone than entering all the data into fields as needed and double checking / confirming then duplicating things that I'll need for the day or two.
    Whether it's duplicating road things or even PIANOS, it crashes when you copy a few things with the shift+drag command. So I will be on 20.2.x for editing until I see that the bug (which I reported) is fixed. I use the old editor, as I can't even add a forest brush object (which I use for the city parts / road chunks / everything else, not just trees/green stuff) in the new editor 2.0 (which I do not like!).
    Every time I try to use the new editor, I end up crashing it out entirely / crashing the interface, corrupting things, or just being plain confused. There's no excuse to make something MORE complicated than the older editor, especially in a 'family friendly' or 'non-violent game' that naturally will have many younger modders-to-be playing it. Plus, I get massive eye strain with the white-text-on-black theme.
    So for the current future, I will continue to use 20.2.x stable for editing the map, otherwise the project will be at too much risk.
    I will use a newer version after it comes out and proves to be stable. I can still often use newer features or make them able to work in newer game versions with manual entry modification / addition in a text editor.
    I still use 0.21.x to test (since the day after it came out), before I ship, and periodically (every other day or every third day or so) as I develop the map, so that you folks don't end up downloading 3GB of junk.
    --That is all, hope that clarifies things. I don't update until there is good reason to.

• Like Like x 1
  13. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Just a clarification.
    I DO update my game regularly, no worries there. HOWEVER, the difference here, is that I keep my editing version (currently 0.20.x) separate from my version in Steam games library.
    When I edit, I use my editing version. This version never updates, the mods never update, it stays essentially 'encapsulated' by itself, with nothing bothering it outside of Windows 10 possibly committing update suicide by itself - which I mostly have disabled in multiple ways, but it's anyone's guess if it will figure out how to update somehow otherwise (even though I made every effort to stop it).
    This way, I can ALWAYS edit the map (especially with the fact that downloading an update takes forever), and then I can almost always test the map right away with the old version, and then testing with the new one every few days (or whenever I close the editing version out, however often it may be) to ensure consistency between the versions.
    Working more on the airport, I am getting somewhat close to being done with the existing parking lots, and will soon start adding the new economy lot (which will be huge, open, flat area good for burnouts, donuts, etc).
    Click to expand the pictures below, my screenshot button still isn't working, so these are the best I can do.
    I would show off more things I did but they aren't ready yet, and won't be ready for another day or two.
    Hope y'all like the new textures, details, etc. Please keep in mind I haven't blended the curbing to the landscaping yet, and that should be done before the new beta will ship out around new-years or such.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_button_not_working5.png
    • screenshot_button_not_working6.png
    • screenshot_button_not_working7.png
    • screenshot_button_not_working8.png
    #1593 bob.blunderton, Dec 21, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  14. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Heheh... since I use HumbleBundle exclusively I'm currently running six versions of the game on the same machine (using win8.1).
    I can just switch from one to another in 3 clicks and I can always use the first installed one and the last selected one without those clicks :)

Hey Bob have you tried just pressing alt+p ? I always take my screenshots like that, of course then you need to fetch them from the screenshot folder to drop them into the forum tab and then insert as thumbnail.

15. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

Or CTRL+P for not so huge file.

16. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

true but I believe that doesn't hide the UI apps :)

17. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

But you can ALT+U for that.

• Like Like x 1
  18. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

I press print screen button and the print screen app handles it. I can then choose save or upload, but I don't like posting external links (of the picture hosting site) to the forum thread here for simplicity sake. I can just attach the pictures directly, and then folks don't have to click through an extra time or two on subsequent pages to get the same thing (the full size screenshot) that they normally get in one click. That's also why my 'Windows 95 looking start menu / explorer' is partially on the bottom of some of the shots where I just did them quickly. I don't drop things into the browser as it often boots me off the page and opens the picture / save dialog if I miss by a little bit, losing my post.
    This way works best, but thank-you.

--- Post updated because my internet SUCKS! ---
    MOAR work. Blended curbs a bit better, added more detail to curbs and added more pot holes, and a really fun jump that's not impossible to make (you can see it in the first shot, it's directly in-line with one of the runways).
    Remember, the runways are why there are no trees around here, due to height restriction / clearance issues etc.
    Yes, I've been pretty much working on this all day for the most part non-stop, except when I wasn't home for an hour or two.
    I will be downloading the Steam game update for BeamNG that posted about 12 hours ago here in a bit, so maybe I can test editing this tomorrow (it runs with 0.21.0 just fine though).
    Click to expand the pictures as they are manual attachments as the last 2 or 3 posts have been.
    This will continue to be the way I attach pictures until the screenshot buttons works again.
    --- Post updated ---

Attached Files:

• screenshot_button_not_working9.png
    • screenshot_button_not_working10.png
    • screenshot_button_not_working11.png
    • screenshot_button_not_working12.png
    • Like Like x 3
  19. obamanium

obamanium
    Expand Collapse

I fear after a certain point my computer won't be able to run this

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

What's your computer's hardware specs?
    The worst-case is you will have to set texture detail down a notch, generally speaking.
    Most of the resources for the map with the exception of building models (which contain only location data and texture entries but not textures themselves) are already in the map.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice