WIP Beta released A new *CITY* map - LOS INJURUS 2023-12-20

Los Injurus 2023, now featuring 11-foot-8 bridge!

1. Mola

Mola
    Expand Collapse

Nice :D

2. Pentium4Guy

Pentium4Guy
    Expand Collapse

Is it possible to add road sound effects? because I know that there are some maps that do. But keep up the good work!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

If you know of a map that does, please link me to the resource or forum post that contains the map that does such.
    I would like to pick it apart and see how it works - and I'll need that information to make 'open grate bridges' sound.
    Thank-you ahead of time - no major rush - but when you get a chance and message back, I would be grateful.

4. Pentium4Guy

Pentium4Guy
    Expand Collapse

I think it was Garfield Heights that had them, where you went over the curbs it gave the sound effect. That can probably go for the sounds of hitting badly patched potholes, uneven road cracks, and the black strips that are on the overpasses. but I could be wrong. Hopefully this helps.
    https://www.beamng.com/resources/garfield-heights.1557/

5. AgentMooshroom5

AgentMooshroom5
    Expand Collapse

The stock Italy map has that effect on the cobbled roads (namedly in the Citta Vecchia town but there's also a couple small alleys in the main city)
    For modded maps the Dublin map uses it quite a lot too I believe

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ltntai

ltntai
    Expand Collapse

I think steel grate bridge would need its own groundmodel audio like wooden bridges in ECUSA and Utah, or that cobblestone pavement in Italy. Curb, pothole and track rumble strip sounds come from tires and suspension reacting to the surface i.e. they are real/simulated, not "fake" groundmodel sounds. So road cracks and black stripes/repaired cracks would need to be modeled or built to make a sound. I think.

7. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Good job with this new update @bob.blunderton. I love this new update. It adds new interesting areas to the map and it's cool in general. I don't think I found a single bug with this update. It's that wonderful. I'm truly amazed at how fast you're working on this. I do have a question though. Do you think you'll add road signs over by the military hangar?

8. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Thank-you for your service Sir. It's highly appreciated.

Some things I can do myself but other times I need references to check when documentation is sparse or non-existent.

My map needs the following added over the next 30 days:
    General sound-stage / Environmental Audio stuffs. (will be purchased, must talk with staff about creating a 'locked' zip file, though map sources that are CC0 or made here will be released separately).
    Open-grate bridge and cobble sounds, and sounds for manhole covers. (you mentioned sources)
    Lighting scrips for the street lighting (have sources)
    Later on:
    Missions/story/races etc (this comes much much later past the others)
    Of course general road-building and making buildings/models, and building & furnishing lots with homes / trees etc / clutters and such; during all of the above.

I now have redone a total of 1.6 miles of roadway in the past week. That's not very much, but there's more than that to be completed yet which is already 'half done'.
    I will add pictures later tonight or tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Josh2305

Josh2305
    Expand Collapse

could you add tire marks on the road surface please?

• Like Like x 1
  10. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

I've been quite busy, sorry for the quiet spell for a few days, but just to get this to load takes 3~20 tries minimum, if it comes up at all it's the retarded mobile version. Ugh.

In the last shot - MASSIVE JUMP for an intersection, due to the hills intersecting (this is a no truck through-route! you'll likely get hung up with a long trailer or a low-boy trailer of any length).
    If you thought the intersection at the mall was bad, this one will launch you more, though mostly downhill only. In the last shot above if you were to take the wide dark road heading away from the camera, it'll take you out to the LINE CITY grocery and over eventually to the fancy development on the hill that I built a month or two ago. I also updated the graphics and improved them below:

I filtered these road asphalt graphics a little better the 2nd time around, and now the mip-mapping (where it gets further away) doesn't look so 'dirty' or messy. It's very detailed, though, even more detailed / higher resolution than GTAV. So that says something, at-least using up 8gb of VRAM is worth it.
    So keep in mind, the shots are VERY work-in-progress, I just wanted to show y'all that I've been busy carving roads, making waterways re-doing terrain, and so-forth.
    --That's all for now

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

So my internet is one again messing up my work flow, but it's done so for the last time. Not sending HughesNet a single more cent, and when they take me to court over the bill, I will present this evidence, of which I have quite a few of these. They've effective not held up their end of the contract, and through breach of contract by way of NO FAULT of mine, now they don't get a single cent. It is going to be fun taking these idiots to court.
    I've never seen ZERO on speedtest yet until this rubbish internet provider.

Attached Files:

• hughesnet2.png
    • Like Like x 3
  12. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

Something wrong with rails. Wheels stick and pops suddenly then cross them.

13. SuperAgentAlex

SuperAgentAlex
    Expand Collapse

That's just rails hating cars lol

14. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Train tracks in BeamNG will always do that. They're for trains, not cars. Please don't drive on them with a car if possible.
    It's due to how narrow the top of the rail is, narrow collision planes as narrow as a curb face or even narrow as the side of the rail - let alone the top - will always do that. There's not really any way I can fix that, as it's a game-engine limitation.
    I have however lowered the tracks below the surface at level crossings (where the road crosses the track), that, while bumpy, solves most of the sticking-problem with car tires by keeping the vehicles a few CM or inches off the train track rails.
    Thank-you for your understanding in this matter.

Also, an update to release schedule, the next supporter beta will come out in roughly one week, so hopefully by next Monday I can get something new out. I need time to finish some of the roads off that I am working on, before I can really break ground on the Route 1 project (as the roads I am working on largely all flow into it in some manner). What's coming up for screenshots one of these nights is the new roadways I've been working on, a tailings dam (from mining operations), another stream, and some new roadway mileage for subdivisions (housing developments), in what will be semi-rural / suburbs of the city.
    What does that mean? Wide 4 and 5 lane roads for road races, drifting, and a few new jumps where I can improvise them in. The installed roads will also link that part of the map (the part with the civilian airport, more towards that corner of the map) with the rest of the map, for better map flow and player exploration, as stated in a previous post. Will try to get some houses in place before the next release so the area isn't so abandoned looking, as there's NOTHING out there but roads and terrain yet. That needs to change, and of course it will.
    So do stay tuned, I will put pictures up when it's a bit more complete AND the internet is working better (seems OK at the moment).

15. Fr3stY

Fr3stY
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

Firstly I would like to thank you for the maps you've created; been enjoying it for a long time.

I have an issue with the latest update of Los Injurus though; since the game and your map went on 0.19, I spawn under the actual "scenery" layout, under the houses. I've tried deleting cache, re downloaded the zip three times (thankfully I have a 300mb up/down internet) and ran the game with no mods. Have you ever heard of that issue?

16. SuperAgentAlex

SuperAgentAlex
    Expand Collapse

Like how it has a SNES reference

17. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Okay, make sure you don't have a duplicate of the map in the mods folder (two zip files with similar names), this can happen sometimes.
    Also, go into documents\beamng.drive\levels and make sure there's no folder named 'TSH', which is this map's code name, and remove it if it's there (this can happen if you edit a map and save some changes).
    Also, make sure you do not have a map mod called So-Cal Interstate, or 'SO_CAL_INTERSTATE.ZIP' or something similar, that will conflict with this map, as this map is a derivative of that map.
    Whatever happened, it's likely you have remnants of the old map version (in some aspect) somewhere in one of those folders, as the map used to be 800 meters lower than it currently is right now (yes, I had to raise the ENTIRE map, and managed to do so without killing it).
    Oh, and you're welcome.
    Glad you like that, it pulls on the heart-strings of nostalgia a bit, but there's mostly another reason.
    I used to love getting SNES games as a kid, it was the best, and since I'm almost 40, I had it during my prime growing years (and I still have it here!).
    So, since my maps are designed to be both large / fun and pushing the limits of the game; I thought I'd use that SNES box design (without infringing copyright or trademarks), to make the maps easy to spot (not just for regular folks that use them, but for myself and others who might have a lot of mods or like the car-crash guys on Youtube). It makes them stand out a bit, and fits the preview pane nicely too. Plus BeamNG is pretty awesome, each larger map is like a game in itself, so partly it just seemed logical to do so. Glad you like it!
    Tail of the dragon / Deal's gap will get that treatment too, once I have to re-do the map if it breaks (ever).

18. Fr3stY

Fr3stY
    Expand Collapse

I had a look and it looks like I have the TSH folder indeed. I'm going to delete that folder, delete the cacheonce more and we'll see. :)

EDIT: It worked, thanks for the help.

#1338 Fr3stY, May 4, 2020
    Last edited: May 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  19. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

You're very welcome, enjoy the map, now that you can.
    I figured as much that there was some sort of issue like that, as the last versions of the map to come out in the last 30~60 days have it raised 800m or so to properly allow pilots to use the altimeter or whatever that thing is called that measures altitude (sorry, I am a bit off at the moment).

More very unfinished screenshots, please use imagination here (and also is why the supporter beta was delayed a week to ten days).

So entirely, a strip mine (that will have some water in the bottom, and look a bit disused in the last 20 years), and a roadway with beautiful banking / sweeping curves for drifting pleasure. This whole area is getting re-done, though I don't think the nearby highway (mostly behind the camera) will be changed TOO greatly. Please ignore the carving guide (likely the one I used to carve the stream bed in) sticking out and saying hello with it's 'no-texture' in one shot.
    Lots and lots and LOTS of unfinished stuff lately, but that's the price to progress. Last two shots have the dirt-track in the distance for bearing/perspective. Area looks considerably different when you come down the big mountain on the long straight old-ish highway.
    Hopefully I can get some better-looking, more-complete shots up by the end of the week.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Fr3stY

Fr3stY
    Expand Collapse

It reminds me of Transfargasan, lots of harpins with narrow roads, will be fun for driting definitely.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice