WIP Beta released A new *CITY* map - LOS INJURUS 2023-12-20

Los Injurus 2023, now featuring 11-foot-8 bridge!

1. LoganPlayz1907

LoganPlayz1907
    Expand Collapse

Also, from what i see, the traffic lights don't work correctly. The AI either ignore them or stop on green and go on red. From what it looks like most just aren't set up in world editor. It's just a small nit-pick but it would make it a tad better if i didn't get yelled at by feds for running a green light and getting clobbered head on by a rogue gavril interceptor bent on blood.

However i forget if that is the case for Roanoke or Los injurus or both. I just know it was one of them. Right now i am trying to figure out why the heck each map i load into if i so much as touch the graphics before or after loading a map, the map will load, then unload infinitely. Idk what is causing that. Beings i have an EVGA 2070 super and a Ryzen 5 5600G. It has for a fact ran Ultra on west coast at 40 fps. But that's not your worry anyway. But advice would be nice.
    --- Post updated ---
    My favorite pass time was take a Hennessey Venom and bomb down that really steep road at like 300+
    It is a very good spot to find out if your brakes will hand you a fat middle finger when used under high load or not.

2. JoshD

JoshD
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

I do NOT have documentation required for Smart traffic lights. I need it documented thoroughly before I go and implement it city-wide here because of the amount that needs to be done. I do NOT want to have to re-do all of that, and I'm sure it's obvious why at this point.
    The infinite unload can just be ignored, it'll unload eventually. It's trying to clear out the stack of RAM it's using. It takes a WHILE, sometimes a minute or two even on my machine. It'll do it's thing eventually.
    EVGA made good cards, I had one of those exact models as my last card (still have it but not in this machine), it was good until the 8gb left me high and dry. Still, was a good quality card and ran rather cool, and didn't make near the noise this Gigabyte 3090 does when under heavy RT load (I ran RT Doom - original Doom that is, with RT effect added - and this thing SCREAMED bloody murder). I don't remember the computer getting that loud, even when I played HighRise City on a warm day with the AC off. It's just a shame EVGA left the video card market, I knew quite a number of folks who swore by them. They got stiffed by nVidia one too many times, as nVidia kept taking away their control of OC options on cards, and thus their competitive edge.
    That long straight route over the mountain makes a great proving ground for vehicles if the winding highways around the area don't fit the bill. There's also two sections that are fairly straight for a mile or two, on each side of the central city lake, and a third near the huge airport / industrial area on one outer side of the city. Glad you enjoy the big hill, I love flooring it down that thing, sure makes a heck of a mess at the bottom most times though.
    Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but I'll get smart lights in later on when there is better documentation (and other features like parked vehicles, etc).
    --Cheers!

Last chance!: 24~30 hours until BUG REPORT window closes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JoshD

JoshD
    Expand Collapse

Don't remember seeing this one listed, if so my bad. Cars just stop & turn around before heading down the winding road.

Attached Files:

• Clipboard_08-20-2024_liaibug.png
  5. Joobles

Joobles
    Expand Collapse

You have probably already checked, but I figured I'd ask anyways. Are the normals for those faces on the model facing in the correct direction? If they're flipped the wrong way, they would be invisible like that (Since technically the outside of the face is the wrong way.)

6. JoshD

JoshD
    Expand Collapse

Clipboard_08-21-2024_liaierrshoeins.png screenshot_2024-08-21_00-39-59.jpg screenshot_2024-08-21_01-05-33.jpg

The AI at Shoe-In's is all over the place.

7. LoganPlayz1907

LoganPlayz1907
    Expand Collapse

My favorite pass time was take a Hennessey Venom and bomb down that really steep road at like 3
    So then i definitely should upgrade my vipertec 16 GB RGB DDR4 to the 32 GB for 65$? I am also looking to get a 650 watt instead of the MSI bronze 550 i have,

8. LoganPlayz1907

LoganPlayz1907
    Expand Collapse

Also if you don't mind, I would absolutely dabble around with the lights for you if you want. Cause I just found the potential of world editor and i want excuses to screw with it.
    --- Post updated ---
    I waited for like 10 minutes and it said no.
    --- Post updated ---
    here is what it does

Attached Files:

9. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

AMD or Geforce GPU?
    If it's an AMD Polaris GPU I know that error, you have to knock the core-clocks down 50mhz, in a tool like MSI Afterburner or whatever your favorite GPU tuning program is. This will also stop the random hitching you may or may not get. Drop 25mhz at a time and test, should work at-least on the 2nd try. My RX 480 8g card did that because the driver made it keep trying to hit RX 580 clocks and it just wasn't happy with that. If you have a Geforce card, unless your going over the VRAM limit I dunno what the issue is on there.
    Set the MSI program to start on Windows startup and it should set your settings each time you boot up, then you don't have to mess with it again ever.

I will see what's up with that, and if it's related to the bridge near there (the curved fly-overs) not having AI. It does weird stuff like that sometimes.

No, in this case the texture is just entirely 100% transparent and I don't know why. It's likely a texture settings problem but I forget which texture it even uses. The model is getting replaced anyway so it shouldn't be an issue much longer.

Okay that's one of those stupid AI bugs where the individual per-side lanes of the AI don't link up to the combined AI lanes very well. Just what I'm looking for!
    Thanks to all for the bug reports! This way I can get all (hopefully) of the bugs fixed.
    Expect a bug fix release to supporters ON FRIDAY hopefully at the latest, as I'm dealing with a migraine here and it's making things difficult to say the least of it.
    I pushed this back to Friday re-release (Friday Evening into Saturday morning just like last week, time is USA central time for those abroad, I think I'm 6 hours behind England, 8 hours behind Athens Greece for those wondering), this gives folks an extra two days to get those bug reports in.
    Bug report window still open for another 48 hours since they're still coming in, this gives until Friday afternoon USA time!
    BIG THANKS TO ALL DOING REPORTING, IT MEANS A LOT AND MAKES LOS INJURUS BETTER!

#2949 bob.blunderton, Aug 22, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
  10. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

I would go with a 750~800 watt unit to make upgrading really worth it, and it'll give you the wiggle-room to get a better GPU or larger CPU in the future. With competition as tough as it is right now, neck and neck between the CPU giants, and AMD providing a little competition in the video card market, it would be a good idea with manufacturer's pushing hardware to the limits to have a little extra wiggle-room in the power supply. Plus, a larger power supply will run more efficiently this way under load, and it'll likely hold up a while longer too.
    Find something that's decently reviewed and doesn't seem to blow up too often, and look for a unit with a good solid 3~5 year warranty. Seasonic and Super-Flower often give you 7~10 years of warranty on the unit. FSP can generally make a decent unit also, but also keep in mind that a lot of the brands out there get power supplies made by these three brand's factories and thus the brand will put their own label (and support) to the product and market it as their own.
    The 32gb kit will allow you to run more on your PC, but make sure to look at task manager (or your favorite monitoring program) to see how much system RAM you're using, to make sure it's worth it. There's definitely games that can improve performance with 32gb over 16gb, but I myself only see this using 5~10gb on BeamNG generally speaking... that does NOT mean it doesn't go up to 12~13gb now and then when running a ton of AI. However, it does help the general use of the computer and user experience, especially if you're one to leave the web browser and other things open often like I do. More RAM keeps the hitching away, so if you get that in games, that may be what's doing it. 16GB is still enough, however, so if you regularly see yourself using up most of the RAM you have, it might be time to double-up to 32gb. You'll need more eventually (in the next two years, more things will start to ask for more than 16~24gb), that is for certain.
    As nice as your offer is to do lighting for Los Injurus, Unfortunately that'd have to stay with you or be something you could distribute amongst your friends if you'd like to do that. There is a reason I haven't added this in yet; due to FPS and also the fact that I have to make it so they flip off in the day-time and on in the night-time. This way, it doesn't hit FPS in the day and only affects it at night when there's limited visibility and you really need them. In order to do this, I have to name them a special way, so a script can pick them up properly and control them as needed.
    I do very much appreciate your offer, however. Many thanks regardless. If you like to edit my work on your map editor, you may do so as you wish, with one caveat. The caveat is that you'll have to remove your updates whenever this update (or any future updates) for this hits, otherwise your changes (and loose files that make them up) will over-ride any updates you download for Los Injurus or any other BeamNG environment.
    But if you want to go ahead and make your own changes, feel free; just know that these will conflict with any future updates. It's usually best to wait for a public release, then you know it'll be a little while that you can make and enjoy your own personalization.

Updated the striping at this interchange and it's AI, and fixed the AI on the further intersection on the far side of the overpass. Added short rock walls to either side of overpass and then finished the sidewalks up to the intersection. AI should work better in the (3) intersections shown here and the interchange in general. For reference this is right by the private air-strip (top of shot).

The AI should work better at the 4-to-2 lane area above. It was a mess. Also, named the way-point for this overlook for use later. Dressed up some of the roadside edging here a little bit.

Added a quarter-mile of median barrier here, between the two overpasses, and end-pieces for the bridges as-needed. Also, fixed AI at a road T-intersection just off the bottom of the shot.

Fixed up the stub-road that leads to the on-ramp here. There will eventually be more to it, but there isn't time for that yet. Eventually this will be a small village up here with some buildings built up to the main four-lane here, just for a few blocks and then back to rural nothing-ness.

This Shoe-in's did NOT have any lot AI, so the AI spawned into the parking-lot would not work properly. It now has AI and This general area pictured got a major AI re-work, it should be more predictable now.
    To be dually noted, I did not add AI to the smaller lot across the road. AI added in, also, I adjusted the spawn point a tiny bit here to make you NOT end up on the curb.

Fixed the AI at this intersection (hopefully!). It was REALLY bad and the left-turn lanes weren't marked one-way only - that would have been nasty. Should prevent jams like the one pictured at the bottom of the shot.

Redid the AI in the 1st shot above along the whole road so it doesn't do that (holding to the outside of the lane, occasionally crossing the center line). It should be a lot better now. Re-did the hard corner where the bridge is out, so it looks better, and that is as far as the AI is re-done up to. The area past this point (to the right in the second shot) is going to get re-done heavily, so I'm not going to mess with that yet.
    --That is all for right now, more as I work on stuff.
    -The Bob
    P.S. Still time on Friday for some BUG REPORTS!
    HIGHLY APPRECIATE all efforts going into bug reporting this time.

Bonus round!
    Jump added, re-did the bay here a little bit for now. This 'bay' will change A LOT in the future, so this is just to tide things over for now. Added back a missing bridge (2nd shot bottom left) to give you another ½~1 mile of road back (it still dead-ends though).

This should provide some fun that was lost at some point, back when a long-ago game update ate EVERY mesh road in every "level", which is what used to make up the jumps in the old version of this, labeled "So-Cal Interstate" long before it became Los Injurus City.

...and it looks even better, well slightly any-who.

EDIT: jump works!

#2950 bob.blunderton, Aug 22, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  11. cyrus153

cyrus153
    Expand Collapse

I think I can confirm might be too big for Beam Multiplayer. Manually added to my MP resource folder and it loaded right up. Not sure what the threshold is me and my buddies will just keep playing on the Tennessee map..
    I love this new map though Very well detailed so much to do!! I will stay a supporter on Patreon for my own selfish needs LOLOL

12. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

First off, thanks for your selfless support. Helping others or voting with your dollar for what you enjoy / what you love in life is anything but selfish. If you don't do it, who will?
    I will try and get into contact with the BeamMP team (or author), as I don't know the first thing about it. Will see what I have to do to make it work or work better. Thanks for your hints though on making it work. I don't know the first thing about it, nor have I ever tried it (or most mods for that matter, I don't usually have time to, sadly).
    Roane County is next to get fixed. A lot of people have been speaking at me to get that fixed.
    It's such a fun romp and allows for a lot of high-speed runs on 40(e/w) and 27(n/s), and has a good mountain-climb in it too whether you take 70(e/w) or 40(e/w) among other things besides role-play etc. Plus I'll never forget in 2016 or 2017 when the piano showed up, I took the farming pack and spawned a combine harvester and drove it through a line of 20+ pianos on mainstreet in Rockwood. I laughed to tears so hard I had a sore gut for a day or two, seriously, still felt it the next day! I don't know if anything will top that. Not even spawning 100 legendary rad-rats on-top a town in Fallout 4 tops that (if live entities exceed 127 in Fallout 4 in the immediate vicinity, don't save your game or it'll have perma-crash problems as it exceeds the script arrays stored in memory and your save data).

Either tonight or tomorrow morning there will be a bug-fix release uploaded and distributed to supporters. It should have most of the bugs fixed, or at-least all the annoying ones.
    Bug reporting window is NOW CLOSED. Bugs reported after *NOW* that get fixed will be fixed in the following release, but not this one. Thank-you to all kind souls who helped!
    So anyways, just figured I'd post that.
    Found and fixed a texture bug here:

Yellow line was showing through (where vehicle is) due to texture priority over-sight. Derp! That's been there for YEARS.
    Also, corrected the year in the description; it's now 2024 and not 2025. Getting ahead of myself again.
    Might list a few more things if I find them. There's some issue with the AI making 3 lanes out of 2, usually going over the mountain (mid-map, long straight run to the island base over the big mountain), but I will look into that later if I'm up to it. That's more an issue with the game's AI logic than anything on my end, likely due to the fact the highway is nice and wide there.

Fixed_bush_in_road_x1000,_updated_median_barrier_here_so_you_don't_hit_pillars.

Fixed_stupid_ramp_lane_suddenly_ends_bug_by_replacing_model.
    FIXED_A_LOT_OF_AI_IN_THE_CITY_HOPE_IT_IS_DECENT_BUT_MUCH_TO_DO_LATER.
    ...andmyspacebarstoppedworkingIHATETHISKEYBOARD!_timeforanewone...
    Uploading, I'll post this tomorrow around 1200 hours Central USA Time (noon) POST IS LIVE NOW GO GET IT VIA PATREON HERE IF YOU ARE A SUPPORTER/MEMBER.
    Los Injurus City Patreon / supporter page HERE
    The link above is safe for work and takes you to the following site:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/augus...paign=postshare_creator&utm_content=join_link
    Keyboard working? For now it seems like it's alright. Stupid Technology!!!

#2952 bob.blunderton, Aug 24, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
  13. ElTacoPaco

ElTacoPaco
    Expand Collapse

I know the 48 hour bug reporting window is shut, but I found a huge issue near where Borg Drone posted on page 147 about the missing bridge. There is an invisible object in the middle lane about 1/4 of a mile before the bridge or sooner. I have also found an issue near the shoe-in spawn with one of the new houses. @bob.blunderton

Attached Files:

• BeamNGdrive-0325016716-RELEASE-Direct3D118_25_20243_29_28PM.png
    • BeamNGdrive-0325016716-RELEASE-Direct3D118_25_20243_28_47PM.png
    • BeamNGdrive-0325016716-RELEASE-Direct3D118_25_20243_11_44PM.png
    • BeamNGdrive-0325016716-RELEASE-Direct3D118_25_20243_10_39PM.png
    • BeamNGdrive-0325016716-RELEASE-Direct3D118_25_20243_10_53PM.png
    • BeamNGdrive-0325016716-RELEASE-Direct3D118_25_20243_38_49PM.png
    #2953 ElTacoPaco, Aug 25, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2024
  14. cyrus153

cyrus153
    Expand Collapse

If you somehow get this figured out My buddies and I would be so ecstatic!!!
    I think it could really be a sheer size limitation.
    You updating the Tennessee map just made me so happy!!!!!
    I have hours... hours...hours...hours on both of your maps!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. rking.esd

rking.esd
    Expand Collapse

You're fixing this?! I love Los Injurus but Roane County is peak map making imo.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Memersand694

Memersand694
    Expand Collapse

I know this might be a little irrelavant, but how come mod submissions were temporarily suspended on beamng?

Edit: Nvm i just checked the repo, i see new mods on there.

#2956 Memersand694, Aug 27, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2024
  17. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

I'm still getting the 'for technical reasons, mod submission approval will be suspended until further notice' message over here, but I'll try it again on Monday as I know the staff takes the weekends off usually.
    They're likely working on the server back-end so they're too busy to do the approvals right now, but I'll give them a poke in the beginning of next week, and see what they say. Worst they can say is 'no'. It's not forever, it's just temporary.

YES this (ROANE COUNTY TN) is getting fixed. I'm sick of it being broken, and I want to play it too! Plus I'm going to optimize some things so this is going to take a little time. Patreon project supporters for Los Injurus will get the update early and likely will get iteration updates until it's done if I go deeper on scope than initially planned. There's so much more I can do now with things with the modeling knowledge I have.
    Los Injurus working on BeamMP is supposedly a thing if you 'add it manually'. Maybe extracting it to a folder in /levels/ works, I dunno. I'll try to mess around with it some. Maybe talk to them about it. Map size shouldn't really be that bad of an issue unless there's just too many of something, provided you have enough RAM in your machine for the whole thing and all it's data.

I take it this latest update to Los Injurus for Patreon supporters has gone over without too much of a hitch? I know some of the AI I modified in down-town area near the default spawn is STILL broken-acting at times, but I'm slowly working it over and basically have to rip out all the existing AI to put new stuff in. In other words, it's super time-consuming but the end-result is worth it entirely. So if it sometimes goes the wrong way, well, don't hate me too much but that just happens now and then in some spots, just know that I do know of it. Things really go haywire when you have 40 vehicles in play.
    Don't use more than 20~25 vehicles in play unless you don't mind them turning two lanes into three in some spots on the highway, or even on surface roads sometimes, if there's not enough roads or driveable areas nearby for them to spawn in. So yeah, those with 8~12 cores on a decently recent CPU need not worry about spending more money for an even bigger CPU... as it doesn't always work-out correctly yet with the current version of Traffic AI, or just causes a massive crash/traffic jam.
    How to tell which of the two recent updates you have? The newer of the two is marked R2 at the end for release-candidate 2. The first of the two (the older one) also has the version in the description as 2025 and not 2024 as it should be, which was fixed in the 2nd release literally at the last minute.
    --That is all for right now.
    I will show Roane County posts on THAT thread and provide an in-thread link here on THIS thread, when I start having something to show for it (but not when I re-activate the thread to just mention I'm working on it sometime before progress posts hit). I'll let you know when there's something worth seeing - that much you can count on.
    -The Bob.
    Oh, and I broke my riding lawn mower again, without even trying. Maybe it's time for a new one after 12+ years? Something happened and now the belt won't stay attached, but whatever, I'll figure it out when it's not hotter than the devil's rectum outside. Seriously, it was 92~93F and nearly 100% humidity outside today. I'm NOT going out there, not even if the perpetually barking dog spontaneously combusts & bursts into flames.
    "But didn't you just get that [mower] fixed a few months ago!?"
    "Yes. It was fixed. Something else broke, so now it's broken, AGAIN!"

• Like Like x 3
  18. rking.esd

rking.esd
    Expand Collapse

Normally I advocate fixing something regardless of condition but this time I think you might need to get another mower. (I do advocate fixing things that aren't actually broken so my advice might not be of high value?)

19. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Things get old, things break, this too happens. Another thing another day.
    Might get a new one, who knows. Depends on how things go and what's so wrong with the thing THIS time... I dunno, I don't mind using the old one when it's working but if it's going to break every time I might just as well get a new one and be done with it. Maybe I'll actually use my credit for something if the terms are semi-reasonable due to the current market conditions. Might make more sense to finance the 5 or 6 grand, definitely not on the store card / credit card though. Just real hesitant to do bank loans unless I know I can make more investing that money, just like the bank normally would. The trick is to try and double whatever interest the bank is charging, then you'll at-least break even with broker fees and such and might even make a little something.

I am setting up to start work on Roane County tonight. Whenever I'm not doing things outside or around the house (as the temperature is starting to come down somewhere south of DEATH lately), or on rain-days I'll be working on it. I have to see what all it needs, and make a good show of figuring out what I can do in 30~60 days working on this. Will back-port a few things from Los-Injurus as-needed, but I also don't want to bloat the download size over 2gb (it's 1.1gb now). Going to do my best to lower draw calls, though, that besides fixing the textures is the #1 priority and will bring FPS up nicely.
    When I have progress to show, I will cross-link here and post on the Roane County forums.
    Notice posted on Roane County forums over HERE.
    Click on me to go to the Roane County progress blog.

Los Injurus IS NOT going to sit idly by, I will still be working on it, but split my time equally over the next month or two as I feel I can provide extra time to work on Roane County along with this.
    Patreon supporters will get early access to the Roane County update just like Los Injurus, too.

--That is all for now
    -The Bob
    P.S. Man Roane County was totally broken and completely in the dark. Sheesh!

#2959 bob.blunderton, Sep 3, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2024
    • Like Like x 7
  20. Memersand694

Memersand694
    Expand Collapse

Is the los injurus update still waiting for apporval?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice