9590 Users

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Nissan Skyline, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Nissan Skyline

Nissan Skyline
    Expand Collapse

Anybody else have a 9590, if so what is your experience like? (Overclocked 8300 series or 9370s also count)

2. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

If you take an 8350, add some hopes and dreams, a little binning, and a special motherboard, you get a 9590. So, they're basically an ungainly 8350.

They're hot, unneeded, and should be forgotten about because Zen is around the corner.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

Reminds me of a guy that claimed to get his to a motherboard melting 5.5GHz. He also claimed that $5000 Xeons were better for gaming than the i5-6600K. And he seemed like the kind of guy who'd snap your neck if you told him that he was wrong, no matter how many benchmarks agree with you.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nissan Skyline

Nissan Skyline
    Expand Collapse

Nothing like the good old "Xeons are the best for gaming!" argument.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

Cool, a place where everyone who made a bad decision can come and congregate!

I jest, but the previous posts are correct lol. I've also met some people who think all that matters is # of cores and CPU speed.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Deleted member 126452

Deleted member 126452
    Expand Collapse

I know right? That's so 2002.

7. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

Ahh... The MHz wars. A bit before my time, but I do know of them.

8. Deleted member 126452

Deleted member 126452
    Expand Collapse

Well 2002 is as far back as me. Therefore I'm pretty much the last year of humans without a slice of IPC in his brain.

9. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

System upgrading when it comes to BEAM:
    more video card = run a better quality texture with finer details on the map for a more immersive experience
    more CPU ghz = more fps in Beam especially with larger things like the T-series.
    more CPU cores = more cars in play at one time
    more system (RAM) memory = run larger maps with more AI vehicles in play
    faster memory = cpu can do physics calculations and access map data up to a whopping 14% faster (Comparing 1333mhz to 2400mhz, two sticks, dual channel DDR3 config - yes memory speed matters after-all)
    A quad-core or better cpu with 3.5ghz speed, with a decent 2gb or 4gb DDR5-equipped (or better) video card of recent make (last two years), with 12~16gb of system memory should let you pretty much do ANYTHING in this game you'd want to do.

You don't need a monster gaming rig for this simulation to run well, especially if you flick off a few gfx options or knock them down a peg or two. You do need to pick and choose your parts carefully, though.

AMD cpu's are not recommended for the optimal BeamNG experience, due to weak IPC and quite-weak FPU's. Intel's FPU's are twice as powerful so each core running physics is about 2x the performance, or in worst-case 50% better.

10. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

This thread isn't about the FX-series's performance in BeamNG, this is about what people think of it in general.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Magic_Sowap

Magic_Sowap
    Expand Collapse

A 9590 and an r9 290x is perfect in a cold country !

• Like Like x 2
  12. vagabond139

vagabond139
    Expand Collapse

Iirc BeamNg uses a thread/core for each vehicle. I used a 860K at 4.6Ghz. not the same but if I said is true it gets similar single thread performance. With a vehicle like the T series I got around 20FPS FPS and with other cars about 30FPS at best. Overall it was crap.

13. Nissan Skyline

Nissan Skyline
    Expand Collapse

You need crossfire 390x2s

14. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

You could live on mars or neptune comfortably with that.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice