WIP 57 Classic

Discussion in 'Land' started by theWOODman, Jan 11, 2014.

1. JoNnii

JoNnii
    Expand Collapse

It's scary how good this is looking!!!
    The texturing is simply amazing! Like from another planet.

2. theWOODman

theWOODman
    Expand Collapse

Wow, thanks for the kudo's guys. I really appreciate that.

I tend to be my own worst critic which is why I guess it's taking me so long, but I'm still plugging away at it.

Here you see an in-game view of how it looks. Since reducing the texture, it still retained most of the details better than I thought it would. Right now I'm still tweaking the textures to make everything look good using Torques's shaders. I'm still a little frustrated with trying to get the reflections to work right like I like it. I want just a slight reflection on the main body's paint, but not too much because the finish is dull and pretty worn. I'll get it eventually.

As far as older cars and newer cars when it comes to accidents, I always just prefer to be "thrown clear". hehe

Attached Files:

• ingameChevy.jpg
  3. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Looks really good. Have you thought about making a version of that car where it looks fresh out of the factory?

4. STICH666

STICH666
    Expand Collapse

Wow man. This thing looks straight outta Flat Out.

5. Petrovsky

Petrovsky
    Expand Collapse
    duplicate account of banned user AwesomeSauce

All it would need is a retexture and a few replacements :p

6. slinky

slinky
    Expand Collapse

GOOD good luck, cool project.

7. ThingThing62

ThingThing62
    Expand Collapse

I seriously can not wait to see this In game. Looking forward to watch it progress, Good luck!

8. boshimi336

boshimi336
    Expand Collapse

Very VERY well done sir. This looks to have taken an incredible amount of time and it appears to have been time well spent. This looks very nice.

9. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Wow. This is astonishing. You've got some real talent. Can't wait to see it in game.

10. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

I can see in the future beamng going the direction where u have a career mode on a big open world map. Like 8km by 8km and its built really dense with plenty to do. You buy and sell and fix cars to make money. Do jobs by driving the t75 and hauling loads. Or racing in tracks or winning Derby challenges. With that money you go to a junk yard to buy a car like this that you must fix the damage and buy the body parts and assemble it. Always dreamed of a game like that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

11. theWOODman

theWOODman
    Expand Collapse

Thanks again everyone, your input is appreciated. At this point I've finished tweaking the textures to look half way decent in Torgue, now to start getting into the whole rods and beams thing. That will probably take the longest since I'm still a newb at that.

Yep, I agree with you JDMClark. Sort of after the same style as Flatout racing. I'd eventually like to see online multiplayer mode someday. I bet that would be a chaotic thrash-fest lol.

12. nathan12276

nathan12276
    Expand Collapse

even if it was just a ghost car that was supposed to be your friend it would be awesome

13. Zoidbergs_Lv

Zoidbergs_Lv
    Expand Collapse

Those guys are playing BeamNG Drive in real life :D

Also looks good, can`t wait to get a new PC and smash it :D

14. Doyle524

Doyle524
    Expand Collapse

This looks fantastic! Is this based on the Bel Air, 150, or 210? It seems that all three have the same dimensions, just different trim. The 150 has the side trim from the '55 Bel Air and virtually no "bells and whistles", and the 210 has a revised rear trim panel from the Bel Air. I'd absolutely LOVE to see the legendary Black Widow version of the 150, with all the performance upgrades.

Here is a link to the 1957 Chevrolet Stock Car Competition Guide distributed in 1957 explaining how to convert a stock 150 into a Black Widow: http://www.macsmotorcitygarage.com/2013/10/22/the-1957-chevrolet-stock-car-competition-guide/
    Here is an article with pictures of the color scheme and several of the most important specs: http://www.autoblog.com/2010/09/23/1957-chevrolet-nascar-black-widow-to-be-auctioned-at-barrett-jac/
    Here is a site devoted to that specific modification: http://www.57chevyblackwidow.com/

If you aren't interested in making this a part of your mod, that's fine, I understand completely. I just figured I'd put the idea out there. Heck, I might take a crack at this sometime, when I finish my current WIP.

15. theWOODman

theWOODman
    Expand Collapse

Those are some pretty sweet pics. As far as options are concerned, as I've stated before, I just want to see if I can get this thing working right in-game in a way that I'm happy with. After that maybe I'll think about different versions.

This model is based off of the 57 Chevy sport coupe which has the aluminum insert in the tail wedge. I'm not sure if that is still considered the "210" series or not. This happens to be my favorite version and looks neater because it doesn't have a middle B pillar which makes it look sleeker. I really like the 56 chevy as well second to the 57.

16. Doyle524

Doyle524
    Expand Collapse

I'm pretty sure that would be the 210, I believe the aluminum insert is one of the defining factors of that model. Good for you, I expected the generic "ZOMG BEL AIR IS BEST/ONLY 57 CHEVY" out of anybody who would go about modeling a '57. It is looking wonderful (in its own way lol), and I look forward to more progress!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

17. Blockman

Blockman
    Expand Collapse

My dad and his dad found one of these in there friends field and fixed and repaired it to race in Iowa for 5 or 8 years and won 50 races in different towns. Sadly the racing days came to an end with a bad crash that totaled the car. They even left the car on the track. I'll definitely make a skin of their car for this vehicle

18. herman130

herman130
    Expand Collapse

OOH it very cool :D

19. theWOODman

theWOODman
    Expand Collapse

Still just plugging away at it and trying to wrap my head around this whole node n' beam thing. So I guess you could say that this is my first beamie. It didn't flop around weirdly or explode so that's a good thing right?

The wiki is helpful, but it doesn't get into the nitty gritty details very much so most of it is learning my pouring over the files and finding patterns and similarities. What I'm trying to understand is file structure for the moment, ie., breaking a model down into it's proper part and jbeam file. Some files are single objects and others contain more than one object so it's hard to figure why that is.

I'll keep jabbing away at it until I can get this bad boy up and running. :)

Attached Files:

• firstBeamie.jpg
  20. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Organisation.
    There is no requirement for it to all be 1 file or all be multiple, how the parts are split into different files is entirely up to you.

Gabester seems to put wheels in their own file as there may be multiple wheel objects which would clutter other files yet it makes sense to group them. Front and rear suspensions each get their own file. Engines and drivetrain into 1 file (or for the gavrils, 2). Upto you how you do it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice