Cancelled 2021 Cherrier Prévost (Beta 2 Released)

Discussion in 'Land' started by Ronnoc8, Nov 19, 2020.

1. nawa

nawa
    Expand Collapse

Can I suggest something like this for a Hirochi version? Take the existing grill (not feeling the new one tbh) and make the front look a bit closer to Sunburst: different shape of the grill and some new body lines.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Ronnoc8

Ronnoc8
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure how that would turn out, as I am doing a 2020s model year and that car has more of the styling of a 2010s model year. I'll look into it though. The big gray square? That is intake for the radiator/intercooler/intake or anything that needs air, it is a midengine vehicle. I had the same thought about the taillights! I was thinking about doing it and then I changed my mind because it seemed to different to be the same car, I'll think about it.

I might make it an option? I'm liking the aggression of the new grille more. The new grille needs work though for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Botanimus

Botanimus
    Expand Collapse

Yes, make it an option.

4. SuperShep1

SuperShep1
    Expand Collapse

thats what i thought, will there be an option where it is flush or body colored, because it looks cool but i dont think it would fit with the base model and it kinda just looks like a big cube on the side.

Anyways, what engine does it have, small inline? Boxer 4?

5. FordKing

FordKing
    Expand Collapse

Ok listen up
    Dat ugly as hell

6. Fredr3x

Fredr3x
    Expand Collapse

There will be a boxer because he said he is using someone's EJ25 sound which is awesome but that's all I could find out about this

7. Ronnoc8

Ronnoc8
    Expand Collapse

Okay, hear me out... no... It would be really cool to make a new version of the Sunburst, that is not what I want to do with this car though.

I am sorry, I moved the location of the headlights and that was not part of the items I edited so it no longer fits...

I was considering making the vent a little more hidden for the less sporty models but I'm not sure. I could make black and body colored as more options. However I don't think I am going to make it more tucked in.

Also, there will be both an Inline 4, a boxer 4, and other engines. For more info, check the engines in the planned features section.

UPDATE:
    I moved the headlights in, made the hoot flat, changed the grille a little bit and added a louver style grille behind the grille bars.

Louver part behind the grille bars:

RENDERS:

#147 Ronnoc8, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  8. etca1515

etca1515
    Expand Collapse

Well, that's gonna be a big YES for me

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. jeandre4877

jeandre4877
    Expand Collapse

looks nice ngl

10. Fredr3x

Fredr3x
    Expand Collapse

Man that looks awesome, well done for making these because I don't understand one part of modding

11. Ronnoc8

Ronnoc8
    Expand Collapse

Thank you guys!

Update:
    What do you guys think about having only the flat engines for the Hirochi version and only the inline engines for the Cherrier version? This would ONLY be for the configs. You would still be able to select the other engines to make your own configs. This thought was because of the SBR4 based front end, and the mostly wrx but somewhat evo inspired Sunburst.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Fredr3x

Fredr3x
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I guess that would separate the two and make them different, sounds good :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ronnoc8

Ronnoc8
    Expand Collapse

Alright, I'll do that then, cool!

Update:
    For the life of me I can't figure out how to make a glossy black material, can anyone help me? I can make a matte black material but when I add a cubemap it becomes chrome. Also, said texture would be uv-less.

• Like Like x 3
  14. jeandre4877

jeandre4877
    Expand Collapse

I think it would be a great idea

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Ronnoc8

Ronnoc8
    Expand Collapse

Update:
    I copied the SBR4 engine and downsized it to fit the trans. I then modelled the Borla UEL header from BRZ and put it on it. After that, I modelled a new heatshield that offers a more spacious interior.

(Just pretend the driveshaft isn't there, I forgot to hide it. So, yes I know that the driveshaft doesn't go into the oil pan lol! :))

It occurred to me that I forgot to tell you guys that the black roof parts and others are going to be included in this also.

Also, this is what the Turbo Rabbit kit looks like for the Hirochi Hakone:

And this is the rally kit for the Hakone:

• Like Like x 11
  16. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

This is honestly so damn cool. Your modelling skills are very impressive to say the least.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

Kinda interesting how the eSBR facia almost fits this better than the eSBR lol. Looks really good and really fun to drive based on the videos from a couple days ago, definitely one my top most anticipated mods.

Btw, do you plan to make an electric variant? I imagine the motor would be a bit less powerful than the FCV electric motor (for the sake of realism and all that), but it'd be cool nonetheless.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. DoritoPowahhhh

DoritoPowahhhh
    Expand Collapse

For me, i think the lore should be
    "Cherrier's sales in Japan isnt good, the reason why is that is because their flagship FCV body is too big and wide for a regular japanese street. So they had to design a new platform called the MCV (Micro Cherrier Vehicle)"

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. nawa

nawa
    Expand Collapse

I think it would look nice if the roof and the vent were color matched.
    Actually, three options for the vent would be ideal: default gray, body colored, and black.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. etca1515

etca1515
    Expand Collapse

Hell yeah! This mod is doing great!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice