WIP 2017 Saguma Move

Discussion in 'Land' started by GabrielP04, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

That's working how it is intended to. To "sharpen" up edges, you need to add another edge loop (Ctrl + R) & move it closer to the edge you want to sharpen. Also, why are you even using subsurf for the seats? You can make them without that

2. GabrielP04

GabrielP04
    Expand Collapse

I was following this tutorial:

3. Velstydez

Velstydez
    Expand Collapse

You have Edge Split before Subsurf. The order of the modifiers is important. Usually you'd want Mirror --> Subsurf --> Edge split

4. F355

F355
    Expand Collapse

Can u do a config with a closed back? And are you going to relrase it?

5. carcrazyalex

carcrazyalex
    Expand Collapse

There wouldn't be a thread if he wasn't going to "relrase" it. (I think you mean release?)

6. F355

F355
    Expand Collapse

Yes xD Sorry for my bad language

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. GabrielP04

GabrielP04
    Expand Collapse

Ah, got it. Thanks so much!

• Like Like x 1
  8. GabrielP04

GabrielP04
    Expand Collapse

Update #10: Not a huge update, but I've got some pretty pleasing seats. Obviously not textured, but they look good imo. I also started the basic outline of the center console, I'll probably end up using much of the engine parts/drivetrain parts from existing beamng vehicles. For those who understand/experienced with modelling and anything beamng related, should the dash/console be a part of the chassis or a seperate mesh? Also, since I would need to apply mirror modify (meaning that it would duplicate/mirror and make the other side editable), should I wait until I am satisfied with the body model to move onto the interior that would require asymmetrical details? I say the model is about 55% done, since the drivetrain will be grabbed off existing parts (it would be easier to make things interchangeable). Comments and advice much encouraged!

• Like Like x 8
  9. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Separate mesh, definitely. As for applying mirror, I think you should do it after you have the basic dashboard shape & symmetrical details, like air vents etc. so then you can modify the dash to add a gauge cluster without having it appear on the other side as well

10. GabrielP04

GabrielP04
    Expand Collapse

Ok, thanks. I haven't moved onto that yet (a bit of an early call) because I'm cleaning up the interior side of the cab body and doors. The frame (it's a ladder frame) seems to merge onto the cab and some parts of the bed. Because of this, should I merge the vertices where needed and then seperate it into a different mesh? Or should I model it along the cab/bed and have a millimetric gap between the frame and cab/body? Let me know. Also, I completely redid the bed, the model is about 65% done.

Edit: the photo i mentioned would be nice, here it is! had to go on google.jp for it lol

Attached Files:

• carryframe.gif
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. michael_zowski

michael_zowski
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Just to be sure, it will be using the Pigeon wheels?

• Like Like x 1
  12. donburi

donburi
    Expand Collapse

I translated the image you submitted.
    (Don't trust too much)

By the way, I found Carrie's homepage, so I will put the URL.

Also, I found an image showing the size of the carry, so please use it for reference only.

URL:https://www.suzuki.co.jp/car/carry/detail/index_kc.html

Attached Files:

• carryframeEN.png
    • dimension.gif
  13. GabrielP04

GabrielP04
    Expand Collapse

Now that I consider the scale ratio, it will now likely be Sunburst steel wheels. I haven't checked the wheel size yet, I just put them in the model for reference to see how it looks. They will be steel wheels, and I'm hoping to figure how to make the wheels interchangeable, unless it's just under the common programming for all vehicles to have interchangeable wheels. If i'm going to use pre-existing wheels, i'll import them, scale them to fit the current model, and then scale the entire vehicle as to have the wheels their original size if that makes sense. And for anyone who has an answer to this: The frame (it's a ladder frame) seems to merge onto the cab and some parts of the bed. Because of this, should I merge the vertices where needed and then seperate it into a different mesh? Or should I model it along the cab/bed and have a millimetric gap between the frame and cab/body?
    --- Post updated ---
    That's super useful! I'm glad you found the dimensions image, super good. Did you find that on the Suzuki website? If no, then can you send me the link to where you found it to see if i find any other dimensions image for future mods (I think I'll do a 2018 Suzuki Alto next). Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. donburi

donburi
    Expand Collapse

It was nice to be of use.:)

I found the dimension size image on the Suzuki website.

15. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Yes, the bed, cab & frame all should be separate parts, as otherwise that won't work good in BeamNG

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. GabrielP04

GabrielP04
    Expand Collapse

Great, thanks! This comes across my mind each time, and i have to ask: Would it be ok to start extruding from the body and then create it as a seperate mesh? I would probably have to edge split so that each mesh can have the vertices i started extruding from.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Not sure I understand what you're asking about. Do you want the body mesh to have thickness or something?

18. GabrielP04

GabrielP04
    Expand Collapse

No, I'm asking if the vertices between the frame and cab body should be merged and still in seperate meshes. I'm just concerned that if the vertices aren't merged between the frame and cab body/bed, the vehicle would fall apart easily in beamng if vertices aren't merged between meshes. I know that merging vertices between meshes won't give the same effect as vertices merged in one mesh (behaves like edge split where you can pull apart), but if you Edit the two meshes at once, the vertices will be joined and then they are seperable when seperated. Hope i make sense, it's a silly thing i'm concerned about.

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Again, I'm not sure if I understood correctly what you want to do, but in that case, no, they don't have to be merged

20. GabrielP04

GabrielP04
    Expand Collapse

That answers it, thanks.

Update #11: I adjusted the A pillar a bit, it is more noticeable and better for textures later. I also pushed the firewall forward to fit the dashboard. The cab body is almost ready to be fitted with the ladder frame, but I'll work on that before i move to the interior/dash. Oh yah, I also COMPLETELY redid the bed, I just need to redo the rear bumper and hinges for the bed. Here's a pic. I'll also extend the A pillar down respective to the bumper when I fix the bumper up a bit. I'm extruding inwards to give the thin depth bumpers have.

#100 GabrielP04, Apr 22, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice