WIP 2017 Saguma Move

Discussion in 'Land' started by GabrielP04, Dec 31, 2019.

1. FrenchxFrxes

FrenchxFrxes
    Expand Collapse

Hey y'all! It's been since yesterday since I first signed up and found this site very interesting. Ever since, I've always begged, begged, and begged my parents to buy me beamng. I cleaned my room, raised my grades, AND done my whole chores in order to get that thing. A couple days later it went on sale for 19.99. But I think on Amazon it's still that price. But it's 24.99 for some odd reason (??????). THEN FINALLY... my parents finally said that they'll buy it for me. But 1 year later I'm still waiting....

What y'all think? Were they lying?? Tell me in the comments please.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. GabrielP04

GabrielP04
    Expand Collapse

Please stay relevant to the topic.......

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. umustbeloggedintododat

umustbeloggedintododat
    Expand Collapse

Nah... I'd think please stay on topic.

4. michael_zowski

michael_zowski
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

this isnt youtube...

• Like Like x 1
  5. GabrielP04

GabrielP04
    Expand Collapse

Problematic Update #6: I'm really struggling with the interior/depth of the body. If someone has the skill to help, please message me and I'd appreciate it if you can help me with the interior/body thickness (A pillar, B pillar, etc). After all the attempts, I just can't seem to get something decent without weird faces. For now, I'll be working on the vehicle chassis (underlying frame) and engine parts. Please let me know if you can help!

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

How hard can it be to use Solidify? Show a screenshot on here & I'll try to help (again)

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. GabrielP04

GabrielP04
    Expand Collapse

I get Solidify. Don't know why, but I didn't seperate meshes, so I did that. I'm following the content creation wiki and am working on the chassis, check out the update.
    --- Post updated ---
    Update #7: I have a handful of things I'm worrying about, but I managed to squeeze in a bit of time to get this done. It's the chassis of the cab start. I have someone who's helping me out with guidance privately as of right now. I'll be adding more tomorrow and keeping the thread updated. I'll be using solidify later, I don't think I'll be using it as of right now, but I see the usefulness of it. I'm following the content creation wiki, so I've been refreshing a lot of things. The bed has been reworked, it was very buggy and unclean before, this should have removed most if not all issues i had. I've been overthinking a lot of things, Solidify was one of those. Get used to me, I overthink a lot and it makes me look like an idiot, bear with me on this project, I'm doing the best given me and the time I have. Everything is seperated into new meshes and the chassis of the cab is taking off. Comments and advice much appreciated!

• Like Like x 5
  8. GabrielP04

GabrielP04
    Expand Collapse

Update #8; Somewhat Major changes: 1. I've upgraded to Blender 2.82, I like it, a bit weird on my quick hands, but I think it lags sometimes, especially with merging vertices, I didn't have that lag with Blender 2.6. Anyway: 2. I've got pretty much the entire baseline of the interior plan, you know, the metal skin underneath the carpet. I used a lot of reference images of sibling vehicles (Daihatsu Hijet, etc.) in Google Japan, THANK YOU GOOGLE TRANSLATE FOR DOING AN ACTUALLY GOOD JOB. Google Japan and translate were super useful. I also put together the front firewall, though there's not engine upfront obviously lol, but that is in the chassis and will serve as a template for the dashboard. Thank you to carlover416 with helping me with cleaning up the model and adding door handles! Handles are creditted to carlover416 and some cleaning. I haven't implemented all the cleaning because I had already worked on the interior by the time he (or she?) got back to me, they really helped me, thanks again! Tomorrow I'll clean things up a bit more and add depth to the metal interior and start the dashboard hopefully. Check it out! Comments and advice much appreciated

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

This thing is looking sweet! I am happy that more kei vehicles on Beam are being developed :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. MLG_FRANKLIN

MLG_FRANKLIN
    Expand Collapse

Nice kei car!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. cars246

cars246
    Expand Collapse

Looks awesome

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. michael_zowski

michael_zowski
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

13. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

any updates?:confused::)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. GabrielP04

GabrielP04
    Expand Collapse

Not yet. I'm receiving help from someone with cleaning up the model. The model is nice, but he's helping me optimize it better for beamng. I'm going to be working on the interior next, hopefully I'll have an update this week or next week. I've also been working on a seperate mod (a new config)privately to get some practice with textures and sbeam, so it's certainly not postponed! I'll update soon :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. michael_zowski

michael_zowski
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Quick question: does it use the Pigeon engine?
    If so, does it use custom sounds?

• Like Like x 1
  16. GabrielP04

GabrielP04
    Expand Collapse

No, as of right now, I plan on making an entirely new engine, but I'll probably borrow textures so it looks decent. It MIGHT use custom sounds, it's also a 3 cylinder but I might end up just tuning the pigeon sound. Nothing is confirmed until I get to that stage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. GabrielP04

GabrielP04
    Expand Collapse

Update #9: Mesh cleaned up. Ok, so HUGE THANKS to carlover416 for cleaning up my model. The grille is redone, looks much cleaner. The doors have handles and has width to it, I got stuck there last time. The lower grille is lacking the detail you see in the real vehicle, but I'll fix that up with a texture later, this shouldn't spike. The original likely would've spiked. I'm going to be working on the interior, hopefully I can have the interior relatively modelled out by Update #10. There won't be textures as I'll be doing that when I finish the model and can port it into beamng, then I'll add textures. I'll probably using texture from the Sunburst, cropped and all, similar interior atmosphere a bit. Just some ideas i'm considering for the trims:

Move Light: Basic trim, basic A/C and heating, empty screen cubby, basic radio, manual transmission (optional CVT), and basic gauges
    Move Advance: Mid trim, automatic A/C and heating (really just a different texture), display screen/navigation, manual transmission, (optional CVT), and nicer gauges with center screen
    SuperMove: Same as Move Light but with a larger cab (more rear cab space)
    SuperMove Advance: Same as Move Advance with large cab (more rear cab space)

Engines are interchangeable as well as transmissions.
    HOPEFULLY, i can figure out hybrid versions. Electric versions I will do, I know how to do that a bit. JUST IDEAS, all of them will make it through over time. Here's the cleanup pics

Hopefully update 10 will be through next week, maybe the end of the weekend if I find the time. Let me know if you have ideas, help, advice please!

• Like Like x 5
  18. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

Just asking, will the vehicle have the same interior as the Suzuki Carry? If not, in what ways will the interior be altered/will it be changed completely?

19. GabrielP04

GabrielP04
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I'm going to do my best to keep the same interior. I might add a few options, but otherwise will be identical. One of those extras might be ambient lighting if I figure that out or a mini fridge lol, some cool little quirks :)

20. GabrielP04

GabrielP04
    Expand Collapse

IMPORTANT QUESTION: I'm not sure if it's me, but subdivision is acting really weird. I am using a tutorial to make the seats, which are super basic, but the subdivision surface modifier is not really working how i think it should. Any advice?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice