On Hold 1995 Ibishu Kashira (Gen 2) 3.1.2

The compact minivan that became a worldwide phenomenon!

Tags:
  1. PabloMM

PabloMM
    Expand Collapse

I don’t like how the back of the EU Spec looks:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Car_Killer

Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    QA / Mod Support
    BeamNG Team

Any suggestions? May you have better ideas?

3. marijn123@lol

marijn123@lol
    Expand Collapse

Use the us spec tail gate that looks so much better

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Can-06

Can-06
    Expand Collapse

Model name could be smaller and it can be put on left side. It looks a little empty to me as it is.

5. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

oh my god I am so excited and thankful that you finally tackled that A-Pillar transition. Now that that's done, its looking seriously tight and well put together. It takes a lot of time, but getting small details like that right makes all the difference in the world, and I can personally say that this car is looking VERY close to dev quality, fit and finish. Seats are looking 10X better, everything about it is really nice. Keep up the good work!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

Thats not how it works though. The eu has different rules and different regulations

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. ItsJustCurtis

ItsJustCurtis
    Expand Collapse

upload_2019-3-15_13-59-9.png

I'm personally not a fan of the heckblende. It might look better if you move the reverse lights up one position and put a rear fog/stop light where the reverse light currently is. The Euro licence plate is very flat, I would suggest a garnish or handle above it like the very rough photoshop above. Also, a lot of more modern mpvs tend to have trapezoid shaped plate recesses, would look a lot neater than just having a recessed oblong exactly the shape of the plate. If you make the recess tall enough you could have the same trunk on both Euro and US spec as well.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Re:Z_IA

Re:Z_IA
    Expand Collapse

I can see about trying something like that. My only concern is that the EU and USDM versions will look too much alike if we don’t have different cosmetic parts like that, but I suppose there are smaller things that could be changed. As for the heckblende, do you think a white version would look better to match the reverse lights? I feel like there at least needs to be something there, to add some interest to the otherwise blank panel.

And C/K was already discussing adding some kind of rear foglight, the only issue being that the current light setup is a bit awkward for that. We could potentially do like entirely different taillights for the EU version though.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. ItsJustCurtis

ItsJustCurtis
    Expand Collapse

I think if you're going to do one, a tail light set up like the Nissan Elgrand could work.

Alternatively the Nissan Presage manages to help break up the trunk with the recess and integrated trunk lights, while maintaining the high mounted lights.

I also like the wrap around lights on the Toyota Estima, though that would be a complete re-work of the rear end.

Perhaps a crease around the rear, following the line of the door slider like the Nissan Serena would help break it up a touch?

10. marijn123@lol

marijn123@lol
    Expand Collapse

O i live there and i was not aware of thar

#1330 marijn123@lol, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  11. SubaruSTI07™

SubaruSTI07™
    Expand Collapse

What about a VW Sharan type heckblende like this?

12. Car_Killer

Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    QA / Mod Support
    BeamNG Team

For me actuall heckblende is pretty good. Just redesign of talights may help ;)
    Actually I doing some research. Maybe I will make quick edit for test.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Re:Z_IA

Re:Z_IA
    Expand Collapse

Hm, something like the Presage may work well for the EU version. It could have auxiliary hatch lights like that, so that there would be space for both reverse and fog lights. I also quite like the continuation of the door slider line on the Serena, but I think that may look too 2010ish for a late 90s-early 00s car.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Car_Killer

Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    QA / Mod Support
    BeamNG Team

Or we can make it like in Ford cars (Focus MK1), auxilary lights in bumper, reverse light and fog one.
    When in us version it will have clean bumper.

Meanwhile i got idea for different pattern of tailights to get brake lights in one line with heckblende (us spec variant).
    upload_2019-3-15_16-56-49.png

Update:
    I made also small compare of tailights of Focus for eu (left) and us (right).
    fordcompare.png

#1334 Car_Killer, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  15. KozyKat

KozyKat
    Expand Collapse

I made some alternate versions of the tailights using the best software, MS Paint. The one to the left is with the reverse lights integrated into the tailgate, the middle one is with the reverse lights integrated into the rear bumper, and they are round to mimic the front bumper's round fog lights, and the image to the right is the same as the middle, except the left housing is a EU spec rear fog light. Keep in mind, that these are just suggestions.

Attached Files:

• Newlook.jpg
    • Newlook2.jpg
    • Newlook2alt.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Nathan 03

Nathan 03
    Expand Collapse

I think the Focus like lights look good for the EU-spec, as they're different and give the car more variety.

17. KaiserimnopYT

KaiserimnopYT
    Expand Collapse

photoshop dude

18. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

it has sliding doors...

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Car_Killer

Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    QA / Mod Support
    BeamNG Team

Ok, I'm right after brainstorm with @Re:Z_IA.
    We have some ideas, just it will take some more time to get really good desing of these lights, because needs some custom textures.
    We gonna get something like there.

So my actuall progress for eu spec lights is really similar to your idea

For US spec we rather leave that what we currently, not my quick edit, it's too "like a candy cane". Also in US Spec bumper will be normal, without any additional lights.
    For EU spec we will add these additional, asymmetric lights to bumper. Probably something like in Suzuki Ignis.
    Hatch will be reworked, probably one for both versions.

• Like Like x 12
  20. Nathan 03

Nathan 03
    Expand Collapse

Woah, those lights look brilliant!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice