WIP 1995-2020 Gavril SV

Discussion in 'Land' started by highRPM Gaming, Sep 5, 2026.

  1. highRPM Gaming

    highRPM Gaming
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2026
    Messages:
    17
    Hi everyone, I'd like to introduce the first vehicle mod I'm making for Beam.NG.

    The Gavril SV. Honestly I'm not to sure if I like the name, if ya'll have suggestions drop them below. It's currently a early WIP, but I'm planning to have multiple configs with different lengths, and conversions (camper, food truck, etc)

    Lore: Not ready yet.

    ETA: Before you ask, no, there is no release date. I'm working on it in my free time.

    Early Access: No public EA, people complain too much about EA mods. If I need testers I will choose them.

    More info: This is my first mod, but I will try to make it as high-quality as possible with my current skills. If you have coding or other mod-making skills and want to help out, let me know. Make sure to drop your suggestions and feedback below!

    Capture99.png Capture98.png
     
    • Like Like x 24
  2. Mysterious Unknown

    Mysterious Unknown
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 17, 2026
    Messages:
    309
    How about the Gavril MV-Series as a name? Or the DV-Series
     
  3. LanciaDelta04

    LanciaDelta04
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2026
    Messages:
    604
    MV would make sense, as it seems like it could be a sister vehicle to the MD series. Depends on whether this uses an MD chassis, or if it's entirely custom made
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. highRPM Gaming

    highRPM Gaming
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2026
    Messages:
    17
    Will probably be a custom chassis. Unless I run into too many problems making it.
     
  5. SpeedyStuff

    SpeedyStuff
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2026
    Messages:
    451
    This will be great for career mode.
     
    #5 SpeedyStuff, Sep 5, 2026
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2026
  6. Shelbyiris

    Shelbyiris
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2022
    Messages:
    2,016
    wasn't @whatawhat also making a Gavril SV, albeit that one got cancelled?
     
  7. SpeedyStuff

    SpeedyStuff
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2026
    Messages:
    451
    Yes. I wish it wasn't cancelled. It seems like the best of mods get cancelled.
     
  8. highRPM Gaming

    highRPM Gaming
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2026
    Messages:
    17
    Progress for today. Not major stuff, but still progress. I'm not an expert at modelling, so it usually takes me a while to make things.
    • New hood variant (pre-2000s)
    • Mirrors
    • Gas cap
    • Rounded corners for hood and van body
    Pre-2000s van look
    Capture105.png

    Post-2000s van look (might make another hood variant for the 2020s)
    Capture106.png
     
    • Like Like x 8
  9. GavrilMan2973

    GavrilMan2973
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2023
    Messages:
    1,400

    Looks interesting, by the way, will it be possible to add demountable split rims for the pre-2000s version? :)
     
    • Like Like x 2
  10. SpeedyStuff

    SpeedyStuff
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2026
    Messages:
    451
    I may be able to help with configs when the time comes. :)
     
  11. whatawhat

    whatawhat
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 25, 2018
    Messages:
    464
    I'm glad somebodies carrying it on
     
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Louie's Workshop

    Louie's Workshop
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2021
    Messages:
    3,301
    Ahh Ford E-series step van, my beloved. These are real solid trucks IRL. My father is on his second 2006 E450 (normal van chassis) with the v10 and that thing goes through abuse like crazy. His first one went to 240k miles before it went up in smoke, and his current one has at least 190k on it (gauge cluster is broken, who knows!?) and it runs like a champ. I really like the Stepvan version
     
    • Like Like x 2
  13. highRPM Gaming

    highRPM Gaming
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2026
    Messages:
    17
    It's a possibility, but my modelling skills are not that great. Maybe in the future.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  14. GavrilMan2973

    GavrilMan2973
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2023
    Messages:
    1,400
    If you want, you could reuse the ones off the T-Series or MD-Series. :)
     
  15. highRPM Gaming

    highRPM Gaming
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2026
    Messages:
    17
    Some more progress! ;)

    Shelving for the cargo configs.
    Capture107.png Capture108.png Capture109.png
     
    • Like Like x 9
  16. night155712

    night155712
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2022
    Messages:
    62
    will there be a S.W.A.T variant?
     
  17. Blue Bird Gaming

    Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2021
    Messages:
    1,888
    Really hyped to see a step van getting made! Personally think you should use H-series chassis, IRL these are often based off stripped van chassis plus that would save effort (and cost from the realistic standpoint)


    I personally also think you should keep the name SV-Series, though maybe instead of just Gavril, you could call it Gavril-Randolph or Gavril-Wentward. Could be either but I find Randolph more likely since they already make cargo trailers. Usually the chassis manufacturers just ship out stripped chassis to a second stage manufacturer that builds the body.

    For chassis, base it on H45 chassis for normal sized variants (SV45)


    Maybe a longer version with more rear overhang could be SV45L or something


    A shorter model could be based on H35 short wheelbase chassis but with dual rear wheels, called the SV35


    Finally, a narrow body version based off H35 with single rear wheels, inspired by the narrow body Chevy P20/30 step vans (would be pre 2000 only and also have a lower roofline), could be called SV30


    In terms of engine, I’d say keep it vanilla and offer the 6.0 diesel and 6.9 gas V8s, interior wise it could use the steering wheel/column from the H-series and gauge cluster from the H or D- series, driver’s seat could be from the MD school bus. These things are usually parts bins anyway so don’t be afraid to mix parts.
     
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. highRPM Gaming

    highRPM Gaming
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2026
    Messages:
    17
    Thanks for all the feedback! I also really appreciate the interior pictures; I wasn't able to find good ones.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  19. BNG.DRIVEPLAYER

    BNG.DRIVEPLAYER
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2026
    Messages:
    13
    cant wait to crash it
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mysterious Unknown

    Mysterious Unknown
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 17, 2026
    Messages:
    309
    I'd say if you want some references and help, maybe talk to LourdFox. He made a similar (older, with weird reflecty textures and not the number of body lengths and styles you are considering) mod, and could maybe help you get started. Just a suggestion
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice