Cancelled 1994 Chevrolet Silverado [REMADE]

Discussion in 'Land' started by Chris Brewer, Dec 10, 2015.

?

Offroad, Stock, or BOTH?

1. Stock Silverado (Picture 1)

18 vote(s)
    9.8%
  2. OffRoad Silverado (Picture 2)

12 vote(s)
    6.6%
  3. BOTH

153 vote(s)
    83.6%
  1. Andrew W.

Andrew W.
    Expand Collapse

I recognize Lt. smell My's Chevy Silverado, same year and same bugs. His mod is out of date and doesn't work with the latest versions.

http://beamng.com/threads/1994-chev...th-ext-cab-new-thread.6536/page-8#post-104733

Here you go. By Lt. Smell My in collaboration with Michael. A nice guy called CryDev was bashed for 'improving' mods uploaded on pirate sites and created by Ivan the Thief and some guy named Adam. Do not post 'improved Russian mods' or close to that. You can't call this mod your own just for messing with the files and possibly making it worse.

• Like Like x 4
  2. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

You have broken like... Alnost every single rule...

• Like Like x 4
  3. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

At least make some progress before making a thread, i want to make mods and ive learned a lot in the past months, i made a thread for the daytona a while ago, it has a lot of progress done, i was a bit comfortable to show it to the public. if you get hated on for re-uploading russian mods, dont ask yourself why, russians seems to be hated in this place, Do something a then show it, dont just re-upload something and claim it as yours, thats just sad. if we want to see russian mods, we know where to go, you dont have to re-upload it to here. I dont think its that much of a problem personally, but what i have a problem with is saying that you modified something and obviously didnt. not trying to be rude or anything but in the past days you made like what? 3-4 thread? it all ended the same way, you get bitched at for uploading something that isint yours and then "cancel" it.
    Do something, then show it. I would say that if your about half way done in a project, you could start teasing peoples, but thats me, some will start a thread with half a body panel modeled, its too early.
    Not trying to hate or anything btw, im just trying to give you advice. the internet can be mean, which is why you should stop re-uploading mods.

• Like Like x 2
  4. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

I agree with almost everything you said except for this..
    Im sure you know already but russian mods just refers to the mods for beamng posted on foreign websites that happen to be mostly russian such as worldofuselessness.ru
    Also not all russians are bad modders for beamng, there are quite a few good ones on this forum.

5. NotLikeThis

NotLikeThis
    Expand Collapse

You are PIDORAS :)

6. speednsnake

speednsnake
    Expand Collapse

I'll give you some constructive criticism under the assumption that you won't get banned for your recent actions. I'm not attacking you or accusing you of anything, just tossing out a few suggestions.

1) Try to get your tester badge attached. It's been so long since I did it that I can't recall how, but I'm pretty sure you just do it through the e-mail they sent you. That goes a long way towards credibility around here, and until you do that people will subconsciously assume you got the game through less than legitimate means.

2) It pays off to read more than you write. I'm not saying to be damn near silent like myself, but if you want to know something do your very best to search for the answer rather than ask it. That goes for suggestions as well, as people have been asking for the same exact things around here repeatedly with few exceptions. There'll still be a learning curve as you get caught up, but you'll make less of a fool of yourself if you find the answer on your own (you probably will).

3) Look for a pre-existing thread before you start one. The search function here isn't perfect, but if you make sure to let it know where to look it will do just fine. In this case you could have looked up "1994 Chevrolet" and found two threads for it.

4) If you do a mod like this, do everything in your power to find it's primary creator BEFORE you make a thread for it. If you find someone here, all you can do is ask them for their consent on the project. They have the right to refuse. If you find that it is copyrighted stop right there, you don't need any legal troubles. In the event that you get the go-ahead credit everyone you can think of who did anything on it. People would much rather see over-crediting (Credit to my mom for moral support, credit to the BeamNG team for making the game, so on so forth) than under-crediting.

5) If you do build something, keep it under wraps until you reach a milestone. The less known you are the bigger that milestone should be. For instance, AR162B or D-Troxx could post a picture of a rough model of an upcoming part, and that would be fine because we know that they deliver and we know they are doing all of the work (plus, they will always say if that is not the case). For a new guy like yourself, I'd hold off until you've finished the model (if modifying) or made a large chunk of it (if starting from scratch). A completed J-beam would be a good starting point for the thread as well. All of this is assuming that you have the rights to post or modify it in the first place of course...

6) If your "mod" is completely trivial, best not to release it at all. Just look at it objectively and ask yourself if it is really worth downloading and installing. I personally wouldn't download a modded "Russian" mod unless it was dev quality work, so I'm not going to make and release one. The same would go for 20000 hp d15 mods and cars made by slapping a model onto a pre-made vanilla J-beam with little changes. If you feel like you can't do better than that (I know I can't) than just practice, you'll get there. You wouldn't enter the X-games the day after you learn how to ride a dirt bike.

7) Don't keep a fight going in a thread, and edit you're last post rather than making another. I'm talking about the strings of consecutive postings here. You could have made it all one post that you edited several times. Just look how big mod authors reply to 10 people at once. One nice post with separated blurbs for each response. Notice how this post could be separated into 8 different posts, but is instead one post with different paragraphs? It also helps to be concise, but I have no room to talk there, what with my glass house here.

8) Don't bump a thread for no reason. I seem to recall seeing a mod say that there wasn't a rule for it, but I wouldn't count on that, and people will get salty over it anyway.

That's all I got. You seem pretty young so keeping your head down is probably a good idea until you get an idea of how things work here.

7. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Totally didn't say that two posts before you.

8. bigham02

bigham02
    Expand Collapse

can't wait

9. Andrew W.

Andrew W.
    Expand Collapse

I didn't see your post until after I posted mine. Still, we are focused on the same topic right?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice