Cancelled 1993 Hirochi SBR4

Discussion in 'Land' started by titleguy1, May 12, 2022.

1. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

Any chance we are getting a T-Top or Targa Top?

2. zach444

zach444
    Expand Collapse

I…I think I like it..no, I LOVE IT!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nacho Problem

Nacho Problem
    Expand Collapse

no offense but the model could still use quite a bit of work, its not very even and the edges need sharpening

try and edgesplit modifyer and set it to about 45 degrees

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. zach444

zach444
    Expand Collapse

I agree but for a first-time mod you have got to admit it is darn good impressive, innit?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ramer201010

ramer201010
    Expand Collapse

Is it going to be a separate car similar to the gen 1 and gen 2 pessima or is it going to be found in the original sbr4?

6. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

It sure is. But it could definitely be improved.
    --- Post updated ---
    I'm pretty sure they would have changed chassis in 20 years...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. LucasBE

LucasBE
    Expand Collapse

Love the idea, hope we can see this in-game at some point :)

The model is a bit rough but you'll get better over time. All you need to know is that you're doing great!

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 4
  8. elcamino

elcamino
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

will there be lhd.?

9. Nacho Problem

Nacho Problem
    Expand Collapse

surely! im just saying it still needs polish to be beamng ready

10. Aari

Aari
    Expand Collapse

Attached Files:

• Screenshot2022-05-19015622.png
    • Modified-Maruti-Suzuki-800-convertible-Side-Profile-Resized.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  11. titleguy1

titleguy1
    Expand Collapse

Hi. Answering some questions real quick. I began my summer job today, so I'll have less time to work on this, since it's not my dedicated summer project. There are no updates for the time being. Thank you :)

I'm not currently planning a LHD version—I don't know how difficult it will be to actually put the car in game for now. However, if making a LHD version is as easy as I anticipate, I will make one.
    Short answer: not for now.

I'm choosing to keep the roof/beltline higher up as the SBR is a Shooting Brake that is designed to fit at least 4 adult people—the current car's height is similar to a 1993 Porsche 911, 2 inches shorter than a 1995 Honda Civic, and 4 inches taller than a Nissan 300ZX 2+2.
    Short answer: I have my reasons. :)

I'm still unsure as to what BeamNG can handle in terms of polycount—I understand that the model is unfinished, but I'm going to refrain from using modifiers that greatly increase geometry data in order to keep poly count lower. I am not against raising the amount of tris to make the model more detailed however.
    Short answer: I'm working on it!

Eh, maybe? I'm going to focus on getting a normal version of the car out first.
    Short[er] answer: Probably not.

This actually lets me talk about what the lore of the 1993 SBR is in my headcanon—to me, the 1993 SBR is a study made by Hirochi to test a new 4WD system and showcase their tech abilities with a sporty, stripped-back, and eccentric vehicle. Since the "new" SBR is about 20 years more recent than the 1993, they are unrelated, and the new SBR is a nostalgic revival of the classic—think Nissan Skyline R32 vs Nissan GT-R R35.
    Short answer: They're two completely different cars.

• Like Like x 5
  12. jackmo2207

jackmo2207
    Expand Collapse

Maybe @VictorGamer0720YT would be willing to do a LHD version if you're willing to let him? He's the guy who made the recent left hand drive Miramar mod, I'll have to ask

13. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

It's not about increasing the polycount but more about making sure the polyflow is nice and even. You should look at the sbr4's model to have an idea of how much vertice density you can have.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. zach444

zach444
    Expand Collapse

Then we are on the same page :eek:

15. Nacho Problem

Nacho Problem
    Expand Collapse

Thats not what the edgesplit modifyer does. It bascially gets rid of the weird shading arounf the edges of a model. it does not increase geometry data and its done on like every model me and others have made for the game

Its also not really about polycount, its the correct flow of the polygons, making sure they allign and that the surface is even. If you need some help/advice in this area be sure to DM me on discord Vanilla#8391 as cleaning up model is my specialty :p

Raising the tris will not make the car more detailed. What you really would need to do is sharpen and bevel some edges, making more bodylines and adjustments and in the end using normal maps to give it details that would not be feasable for modeling

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

Looks good! This has a lot of potential and I’m excited to see how this turns out :)

The front of the car looks a little tall to me, the hood should be raked less sharply towards the front.
    The rear bumper looks a little plain to my eyes, maybe take some subtle cues from the Porsche 993:
    upload_2022-5-19_12-55-4.jpeg
    The side vents are a little too sharp imo, the lines on the door are really crisp looking. Compare it to the Lamborghini Diablo:
    upload_2022-5-19_12-58-42.jpeg
    My only other qualm is with the rear lights- they look disproportionately small compared to the rear grille. I think the rear grille should be made a little shorter, and I think a rear light bar would look cool. These are the taillights from a Mazda MX-6:
    upload_2022-5-19_13-2-42.jpeg
    Maybe you could do something like this?

• Agree Agree x 8
  17. zach444

zach444
    Expand Collapse

I would literally die if this thing had Porsche 911 Taillights cause imo they look beautiful

18. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

real

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Aiden_Ade

Aiden_Ade
    Expand Collapse

Okay, this is very VERY COOL

20. Random 2

Random 2
    Expand Collapse

way too modern, it's the 90's, they aren't gonna do some retro-styled future cars, right? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice