On Hold 1984 - 2006 The Brutus

Discussion in 'Land' started by Sithhy™, May 16, 2017.

Tags:
?

Should the "empty" grille be replaced with the one from the Hopper on all hoods?

Poll closed Apr 26, 2019.
  1. Yes, do it

27.3%
  2. No, don't do it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Leave them as separate designs

72.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. henryjhost

henryjhost
    Expand Collapse

2. Addicti0nToB00st

Addicti0nToB00st
    Expand Collapse

Woah, it has been more than a year already? Damn, time flies past...
    Cannot believe how much this mof has progressed, just amazing! Good luck to mod makers!

Just a questiont though: Will there be engine swaps? I would really like to see some different engines.

3. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

Yes. It's been stated many times.

4. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Tiny update...

Don't have much to say about what's happening, so take these 2 renders instead... But in all seriousness, development of the B1 is still progressing, although slow. From the modeling side of things, I've made some optimisations to certain meshes to make them visually better & "lighter" in terms of vertices used. I think that by now all the models I wanted to have for the initial release are completed, so I don't have to worry about that (unless you have ideas for some parts (nothing military just yet)). From the texturing side of things, Schumacher has fixed the problems I somehow caused, so that's all done. Hopefully, the whole thing with textures should be Soon™ ingame so maybe then I will make some more screenshots & videos for you. The release date is undetermined yet, but I hope to aim for it to MAYBE be before the end of the year (don't hold my word for it, though).

Attached Files:

• B1.png
    • B1_2.png
    • Like Like x 12
  5. The Raccoon

The Raccoon
    Expand Collapse

lets hope that it does come at the end of the year

6. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Believe me, I would want that to happen too

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Alright... been a while... but here's the scoop.

All engines stock engines are designed, working, and in game along with the 3 stock transmissions that were available. They currently have rather low detail torque curves at the moment, but don't worry... those are just placeholders... I will be adding in more detailed torque curves down the road if we decide it is needed. The turbo engines now all have working functioning turbos (I didn't know how to properly implement them until I did this)

Next, I have now added in all but one body into the game... mostly because I may or may not have forgotten it existed... :rolleyes:... each one needs to be attached individually, so it does take me quite a while for each body. But progress is swift when I can make it.

On Top of that... so that I could add in that final body (since I was on an older version of the model) I am in the process of updating the JBeams to use the newer model. Theoretically an easy process... just re-export the model and poof... new models and cool ingame stuff... the reality is a bit more annoying.

I moved around all the driveshafts and what not so they could be used as props... turned out that the new model didn't have that. So now I have to do that again... fun fun. Also I am learning the magic of the material.cs file... took me 2 hours yesterday to figure out how to get the frame (the first part I was texturing naturally) to show up "not" orange... so that was fun. Now that I am starting to understand how it works though, it is becoming much easier... I had about 10 different textures in game by almost 2 AM yesterday... so fun fun...

Anyways... there is progress... have no fear... no pictures yet though as right now it looks like an exploded mess of orange and what not.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. crazyguy69

crazyguy69
    Expand Collapse

do you think your at a point to wip beta release so we can have a taste of it or you gonna what for for it too be 100% for a complete Release

9. The Raccoon

The Raccoon
    Expand Collapse

The model texture isnt done yet

10. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

No, there won't be any WIP Beta, Alpha etc. It's either full release or nothing

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. Addicti0nToB00st

Addicti0nToB00st
    Expand Collapse

Seems like you guys are going all out on this one, good luck

• Like Like x 1
  12. CharredWing

CharredWing
    Expand Collapse

Hmmm your engine seems to be down on power there. I recommend a double-dose of industrial-grade diesel turbochargers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Addicti0nToB00st

Addicti0nToB00st
    Expand Collapse

Torque, my friend.

14. The Raccoon

The Raccoon
    Expand Collapse

torque is better than powah
    always the answer
    more
    torque

15. Balto

Balto
    Expand Collapse

*Proceeds to hold you to your word even tho u said not to* Lol

16. CharredWing

CharredWing
    Expand Collapse

Oh puh-leez like you're going to be pulling an anti-aircraft gun through sand with this thing. You just don't quite realize that all you want is power!

17. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I don't know which is better, putting on low range multiplies torque, right, now which one is then better? More torque?

Maybe it needs more buses, that it is, we should hear satisfactory bang from Brutus powertrain with enough many buses at tow, then there is enough motor for towing :p

My ridiculously poorly made toy is bit light for this towing stuff, so it seems to do everything else than snap a driveshaft.

18. Octothorp Obelus

Octothorp Obelus
    Expand Collapse

Torque is measured while Horsepower is simply calculated with the formula RPM*T/5252 = HP (This is also why every Dyno chart that hasn't been tampered with crosses Torque and HP at 5252 RPM). A higher peak horsepower just means that torque is better maintained in the higher RPM regions of the curve. So the answer is you want both high torque and high horsepower for pulling.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Number depends from units in use of course, in US units number is something and in metric world number is different, but that is exactly how it is, you can't have one without another, torque and rpm defines what HP will be.

Now that motor in my fake Pajero exists in real wrold, bit over 200hp/litre, it is amazing engine build because how much torque it puts out for such low capacity, drag motor.
    upload_2018-10-18_14-12-47.png

I think I will test it on Brutus when it is released, I think it might lift a paw too with that beast of motor :p

• Like Like x 3
  20. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Thats a lot of torque. The Brutus (Hummer) relies on its drivetrain to make a lot of its torque. It had reduced gears in the transmission, reduction in the transfer case, reduction in the differentials (all normal for 4x4's), and a reduction at each hub allowing it to create immense torque at each wheel whether you have a torquey motor or not.

Throwing that kind of torque through the drivetrain... while it will take it... I am going to imagine it will have trouble putting that kind of power to the ground. You will have to be very cautious in how much throttle you use to get the tires to grip up, but then again, the brakes can help with that (side effect of using the brakes in a situation like this is that it locks up the diffs... another help)

Good news is that I have set it up so that engine/transmission/transfer case/diff swaps are very easy to do, so experimentation will be very easy.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice