On Hold 1984 - 2006 The Brutus

Discussion in 'Land' started by Sithhy™, May 16, 2017.

Tags:
?

Should the "empty" grille be replaced with the one from the Hopper on all hoods?

Poll closed Apr 26, 2019.
  1. Yes, do it

27.3%
  2. No, don't do it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Leave them as separate designs

72.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idk pls help fix

idk pls help fix
    Expand Collapse

2. Kevin15673

Kevin15673
    Expand Collapse

if you look at the pictures you can see that's already added

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Progress Update:

I don't really have much to show, as I haven't added any new models to the game... however....

Like my previous update with the detachable and floppy tail lights, we now have detachable and floppy headlights and turn signals. They do take one hell of a beating to actually knock them loose during normal driving, but if you run into a wall at roughly 40mph (which is a fairly quick head on impact for one of these things) you can knock them loose and sometimes break the wire... breaking the wire is more consistent up in the 55 to 60mph range though... which is a lot of energy when you have this much weight.

Naturally fine tuning will happen, but luckily changing this amount is basically down to adjusting 2 numbers... so its pretty nice. Right now Light mount break away force is roughly 8 to 10kN while I think the Wires themselves are more around 3 to 5kN? May have to go play with the numbers a bit to see how realistic that actually is... granted I am not sure how I am actually gonna come up with accurate numbers as I'm not gonna go ripping the lights out of someone's truck just to get a measurement :rolleyes:

I did manage to find a couple node contact errors where the turbos on the engines were causing excessive stress on the body because things were a little too close for comfort... fixed that issue and now the vehicle is a whole lot more stable... so yay to that I suppose.

Lastly, I also added in a new traction control system. Currently it is just the normal ESC, SMS, and ABS that came out of the ETK800... so its not really set up for ultra low traction on ice and in mud... especially for such a heavy vehicle... it seems to me more suited for gravel and dirt... so a lot of parameters will need to be tuned to make sure it gives maximum traction over all surfaces when equipped. (Granted, that being said, even with how different the B1 is to the ETK800... it does a damn good job managing all the extra weight... major kudos to the devs on that one)

• Like Like x 18
  4. AmericanMuscleFan765

AmericanMuscleFan765
    Expand Collapse

Nice work! Cannot wait to try this out. And remember everyone, please be patient. We all want to try it too, but just let this amazing guy work at his own pace.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Tom Foolery

Tom Foolery
    Expand Collapse

According to the front page, there's a 6.0L turbodiesel, but not a 6.2L (yet?). Although that reminds me: is the B1 planned to receive the 6.9L gasoline engine that the 2003 D-Series pickups can get? Just curious.

6. Blue Bird Gaming

Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

This mod looks awesome! I can’t wait for release!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

No, but it will have an 8.1L V8 instead :)

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Balto

Balto
    Expand Collapse

not to go against my main big post in this topic but is there a date that you guys are trying to shoot for as far as a potential release or something? like a potential way in the future would like to be done with this by *Fill in the blank*

9. LMZ

LMZ
    Expand Collapse

looks great... when will it be released?

10. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

Most of the time the authors don't even know themselves.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. TunedS54M3

TunedS54M3
    Expand Collapse

Been a while since I’ve posted, how’s progress?

12. Johnny_Sasaki

Johnny_Sasaki
    Expand Collapse

Been following this for awhile now, looks amazing!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. idk pls help fix

idk pls help fix
    Expand Collapse

when will it be done? 4 or 5 years so far

14. MrJavelin

MrJavelin
    Expand Collapse

When it's ready.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Geezer720

Geezer720
    Expand Collapse

If I was to guess on a possible release date for this I would say May 16th 2021 because its the 4 year anniversary of when the mod was started making it a special day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I guess it will take WAY more than that, a lot of important stuff is still unfinished

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't neccessarily say "a lot" ( :rolleyes: ) but there's still a bunch of things that we would need to do before even thinking of releasing it as a WIP Beta... which also won't happen because I don't release beta mods :)

• Like Like x 11
  18. Szymon2007

Szymon2007
    Expand Collapse

you do know this is not a 1:1 copy right? they i free to use whatever engines they want

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. Tom Foolery

Tom Foolery
    Expand Collapse

Sithhy and atv_123 after they decided that the mod wouldn't be a perfect replica:

Attached Files:

• realityCanBeWhateverIWant.png
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Tom Foolery

Tom Foolery
    Expand Collapse

The motors provided are quite capable and are unique to the vehicle; they don't need to be based in reality to be cool.
    How so? A large displacement gasoline engine spices things up IMO, it's nice to have more than just diesels when looking for high-torque options.
    Again, I don't see why this needs to be a rebadged Humvee. It's a similar vehicle that's supposed to be fun and fit in with the Beam lore. Want to have a replica? Someone else will probably make a mod that adds real-life setups. Someone already did that by adding a TATRA powertrain to the CH Big Rig. If not, you can make it yourself.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice