On Hold 1984 - 2006 The Brutus

Discussion in 'Land' started by Sithhy™, May 16, 2017.

Tags:
?

Should the "empty" grille be replaced with the one from the Hopper on all hoods?

Poll closed Apr 26, 2019.
  1. Yes, do it

27.3%
  2. No, don't do it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Leave them as separate designs

72.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Foolery

Tom Foolery
    Expand Collapse

Right, before this turns into a shouting match again, I'll change the topic:

@Sithhy™ @atv_123 What would happen if the D15 Trophy Truck were added in the next update? Would you add new parts before release, or would you release the vehicle as-is, potentially adding trophy truck components at a later date? I don't mean to beg for them to be added if you're not considering them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Well....

We actually have our own trophy truck components already modeled up and (mostly) in game. We have had them since before the trophy D Series was even a twinkle in anyone's eye ;)

Now... We don't have massive A-arms... we currently just have long travel shocks using the stock A-arms... but if we decide to... we could make larger A-arms... haven't decided whether we should yet or not depending on the amount of work involved.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

If the suspension breaking is a problem then massive a arms wont be a bad idea, but if the a arms are what tend to break then they could be an improvement. Just my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. SuperShep1

SuperShep1
    Expand Collapse

On hold? Im assuming because of all the begging again?

5. TunedS54M3

TunedS54M3
    Expand Collapse

yup...

6. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

No, the B1 just hasn't seen much development recently, while I'm here just burning myself out doing stuff in Blender for multiple hours per day every day, which doesn't help the development situation much either... I wish we had more good news for you, but as of right I've put the B1 thread on hold due to the reasons mentioned above. Not sure when I will switch it back to WIP (or released), but it definitely will take a bunch of time

• Like Like x 5
  7. SuperShep1

SuperShep1
    Expand Collapse

ok, sounds fine to me

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. TunedS54M3

TunedS54M3
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, you need a break tbh, the beggars are killing the motivation right?

9. EuanTHFSDFSD

EuanTHFSDFSD
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Agree If you Hate beggers ---->
    They have to ruin everyones motivation like damn, Just shut up and wait for a release.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Spython

Spython
    Expand Collapse

You guys need to take a chill pill, so what if a few people now and then fail to read the rules and not use their brain for a second? You bitching about them is starting to clog this place up even more than their posts lately, which is outright hypocritical. And Sitthy literally responded that people asking for download is NOT the reason for putting this on hold, if you actually bothered reading that post.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_2020-11-21_00-51-41.png
    screenshot_2020-11-21_02-13-01.png
    screenshot_2020-11-21_03-33-52.png
    (ignore the invisible wheels)

#2331 atv_123, Nov 21, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 15
  12. NeoSlx

NeoSlx
    Expand Collapse

If this isn't the right place to ask I apologize but what makes it so time consuming to create a mod like this? Through common sense its working with the physics engine and getting things to work how one would like but at the same time what's the big deal you know? Maybe it'd help the beggars understand a little better and myself included since I don't know how this stuff works besides modeling.

13. TrackpadUser

TrackpadUser
    Expand Collapse

For a quick general TL-DR of why full cars take a while :

-Modeling itself takes a pretty decent chunk of time for any full car, especially since you need not only to do the body, but also the interior, suspension and power train components.
    A lot of people save time on that step by reusing vanilla assets, but even then it can still take a lot of time.
    -Jbeam really is an art in and of itself, and while it is very powerful and flexible, is also quite complex, and requires a bunch of time not just building the structure itself, but also fine tuning it.
    -Texturing also can take a surprising amount of time to have something half decent, especially for something like the B1 which has a lot of similar but different body variant.

Add to that the fact that a lot of modders are fairly inexperienced and are learning as they go, which also means that it takes more time, and the fact that motivation and time comes and goes.
    Most of my stuff for example has been "on hold" for the last 2 months since I've started a new job, and I have a bunch of projects that are various levels of WIP laying around, with various levels of motivation to complete.

I still don't understand though why people think it's "normal" to cancel mods because the "community doesn't deserve them"? And it seems to be a fairly new phenomenon as well.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  14. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

the biggest thing holding me back currently is just my work... for instance... in the last 3 weeks, I have worked 300+ hours. Post quarantine my job has gone off the deep end in the amount of things they expect me to do... thus why every time I post progress it’s at like... 3 or 4 in the morning. :(

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sparks4

Sparks4
    Expand Collapse

Holy crap man, do you work for CDPR or something, wtf? lol. Talk about being overworked... I respect you and your mod way more now considering with your extreme work schedule, you still get things done on your mod even with everything going on.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Y'all wanna get freakin' weird? Let's rev it up rew rew, rew rew reeewww

• Like Like x 15
  17. XTreaserX

XTreaserX
    Expand Collapse

low boy man

18. TunedS54M3

TunedS54M3
    Expand Collapse

Stance Brutus intensifies

Bro, I’m begging you, don’t make that a config, static b1 isn’t my style

19. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

it might not be your style, but are you the one making the mod?
    no. shut.

• Agree Agree x 12
  20. NeoSlx

NeoSlx
    Expand Collapse

its not really the beggars themselves so much so that it is the people that would do whatever it takes to get what they want. Such as leaking mods and posting hate comments and stuff. Wanting the release of the mod isnt bad, its the selfishness and the act upon it that would ruin the motivation for doing a ton of work for people who "dont deserve" it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice