On Hold 1984 - 2006 The Brutus

Discussion in 'Land' started by Sithhy™, May 16, 2017.

Tags:
?

Should the "empty" grille be replaced with the one from the Hopper on all hoods?

Poll closed Apr 26, 2019.
  1. Yes, do it

27.3%
  2. No, don't do it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Leave them as separate designs

72.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ParadoxShiba

ParadoxShiba
    Expand Collapse

I really want to admire the looks of it when it gets released but I also want to throw it off a cliff sooo badly idk why lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Clemens1441

Clemens1441
    Expand Collapse

3. Tom Foolery

Tom Foolery
    Expand Collapse

Honestly, my offroading skills are pretty mediocre, but I think this'll make up for it in spades. I can't wait to see what a skilled driver can do with this rig.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Well sir, worry not! This truck has plenty of ability. It isn't the end all be all, but damn is it pretty darn good. You have to push it WAY past its design limits to actually get it to fail (flip)

But also, to take full advantage of the truck, I plan on releasing (on launch day) a driving tutorial for this truck to maximize the vehicles potential... not that people don't know how to drive it, but even a lot of hummer drivers tent to mess up how to drive these things just because they don't understand how the truck really works. I intend to launch my video as a tutorial so that one can maximize the potential of this truck as far as it can go ;)

• Like Like x 9
  5. driftingmedic

driftingmedic
    Expand Collapse

Would this drive like an actual H1/Humvee to where pressing the brakes helps limit the slip of the wheels? I have a bit of mechanical experience with these and understand the problems and quirks when driving them so I have been thinking about how "mechanically" similar this mod would be to the real life version such as portal axles, brakes inboard of the geared hubs and for the "base" model, having very stiff suspension.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

You are 100% correct. The torsion differentials in the H1/Humvee have been recreated in Beam so that they function basically exactly as the real ones do. The whole drivetrain, frame, and suspension, is basically a 1 to 1 recreation of the actual thing. The body is 90% there, but Sithhy wanted it to be unique, so he changed the looks up a bit, but in terms of drivability... it should be as close as I can get it.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. driftingmedic

driftingmedic
    Expand Collapse

Thats awesome! You guys really are doing great work here, it isnt said enough but the work and care put into this is appreciated

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. doge man

doge man
    Expand Collapse

if someone asked me how much i liked this mod so far the answer would be YES

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

.... Noice.

But as good as coding for beamng is.. one game update. And boom. Mod gets problems lol. The only issue with the game is this..
    But otherwise it's amazing.

Off topic: I guess the same thing with the ctk, the codes and stuff were good for that version.. now in 0.20.2, nada.. kaput.. ded. Whatever.. doesn't work....

On topic: I guess some foolproof and updateproof coding is required. All the best.

10. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Well... it doesn't use any LUA to get the Torsen diffs to function. It is actually all done with physics. So unless they go in and decide to completely rework the drivetrain code again, which literally only just happened a few updates ago, it should be fine. Plus it survived that update with no necessary changes, so so far so good.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. carlover6x6

carlover6x6
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Attached Files:

• no_LI.jpg
  12. Tom Foolery

Tom Foolery
    Expand Collapse

Yes, it's WIP. We've been over this. This kind of work takes time.

• Agree Agree x 12
  13. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

go and make it yourself it you're that desperate, then you'll understand why it's WIP.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

671 retextured meshes later...

• Like Like x 23
  15. carlover6x6

carlover6x6
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

OMGOMGYEYSYEYYSYYEYSYESOEXCITEDOMGYESYYEYSEYYSEYYSEYSEYYSEYYESEYYSEYESY

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ayca

Ayca
    Expand Collapse

HECK YEAH! :D

17. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Dude this looks epic, when it's out I'll make a config that looks like this, I mean has all the crazy offroad parts possible to equip at the same time

18. Ayca

Ayca
    Expand Collapse

I'm more for civilian cars, so i'm gonna always use civilian. Unless the army one looks sick, which i know it will. Sithhy, this is beautiful.
    --- Post updated ---
    --- Post updated ---

w h a t ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. carlover6x6

carlover6x6
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

yEhs So CoOl Mucscht cool

20. HeadlightsThePerson

HeadlightsThePerson
    Expand Collapse

This looks ebic. And a weird question to ask, but will you make the tracks for some of the stock cars too? I would love to drive a LeGran with tracks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice