Released 1980 Typical American Fullsize Series

Discussion in 'Land' started by SergentFido, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Thanks a lot, always nice to have the feedback from the owner of the real car. Happy that you like the virtual version.

Thanks, i still have tons of fun with this rusty thing :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. AndrewNG

AndrewNG
    Expand Collapse

It doesn't work-i keep clicking download
    plz reply-this mod looks real cool

3. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Are you coming here with the web browser or the in-game thing mod downloader (I haven't used that).
    If you're here with a web browser you need to move the downloaded file(s) (there should be two, there's an addon that gives additional car configs vs one basic one). This file(s) need to go into mydocuments\beamng.drive\mods\vehicles (also, i think in just 'mods' might be fine too).

EDIT: As a mod maker myself (my maps! you should know them well*), I can *ASSURE* you this works fully, with one caveat: The Electronic Skid Control / Traction Control module causes a 'fatal vehicle exception', where you need to CTRL+W and remove it to prevent that from happening. It's only equipped on TWO models from my memory, maybe three, so just use other models if you're not familiar with the CTRL+W parts selector.

*An early version of Roane County is used in the previews for this vehicle, as that was available when this car was coming out.

I must say, I *really* love this car, especially the rusty junk-yard model, it's so much fun to upgrade the radiator, engine, and trans, and NOTHING else, and go flying off a jump or a highly-tapered intersection, and watch all the doors fall off. No matter how bad of a mood I may be in, watching the doors fall off the old moldsmobile is a hysterical scene. Folks who use a keyboard to drive best stick to the older looking, less powerful versions as the higher two engines will do a good job making donuts until the traction control is fixed up. I know I've posted my regards before. It's really that good though, it's just awesome. It's rare I don't use this much. When I grew up in the 80s alls we had were these giant monsters which my friend and I called 'Hate Tanks'.

And it is a 'Hate Tank' :) but I love it!

#1323 bob.blunderton, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  4. RoadMasterGuy

RoadMasterGuy
    Expand Collapse

What Engines you need to add
    [Stock] take your time modding these too
    231CI/3.8L Buick V6
    260CI/4.3L LV8 V8 [105 Hp/205 Lb-Ft]
    307CI/5.0L LV2 V8 [140-180 Hp/245Lb-Ft]
    350CI/5.7L L34 V8 [160-170 Hp/275 Lb-Ft]
    350CI/5.7L LM1[155-175 Hp/N/A Lb-Ft]
    350CI/5.7L LF9 V8 [105-120 Hp/205/220 Lb-Ft] Diesel
    403CI/6.6L Old's 403 V8 [185 Hp/320 Lb-Ft]

Also what engine does your 88 have

5. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Bob Blunderton, thanks again for the kind words, i'm really glad you like the rusty one.

RoadmasterGuy, 307ci, 350 ci L34 and LF9 Diesel are already available in the mod, i'm not sure to make other engines sorry. Problem is not to make an engine config, it's about having the proper mesh.
    Maybe a low budget V6, but i'm not sure it's very interesting for such heavy cars to be moved by such a crappy anemic engine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Well I agree, but I don't think it could be any slower than the junkyard model to be honest :)
    Doesn't the Legran or that one car parts mod that adds many Legran coupes already have said anemic (but decently fast in a not so oversized boat ... car) engine, 3.8L pushrod V6? I have the 3.8 here on my end, don't think it's a mod either. GM used the heck out of that 3.8 in next-to-everything.
    (OFFTOPIC A BIT)
    It (the 3.8) was a much better option than the lack-luster and unreliable 2.9 (?) I think it was. The 2.9 was only good if you bored it out to 3.0 and updated necessary applicable engine internals...as many Z24 cavalier owners did before they knocked the engine size up a bit and the 2.9 was replaced by 3.1's, and 3.4's (3100 series, and 3400 series). For the record the 3.8 was the '3800' engine as usually denoted ontop the engine valve cover or intake manifold etc (been a few years since I worked on one or owned one but had a few GM's).

7. Remington

Remington
    Expand Collapse

The 3800 was a certainly a motor people slept on. My granny had an olds silhouette with that same motor. Anemic in terms of horsepower, but it had great torque. It reminds me of the LZ9 GM slapped in the Pontiac G6 and Chevy Uplander. The latter of which was absolutely terrifying to be a passenger in when your still sergeant doesn't know what traction control is. A punchy V6 would go great in the olds IMO, I could make some torque curves in automation easy enough if need be.

8. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Good add here, yes, those engines were good pullers/had good torque. Even the 3400 series, which was just a little smaller, had good torque.

9. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Yep but as you said, the Legran is a little car if compared to the Regency/Delta88 and the V6 was the biggest engine on the next Gen of Oldsmobile biggest cars, it's not the same thing at all.
    But i could add the V6, my main issue with it is the mesh and texture work to do to get a new engine at the moment, for an engine that will be slow. Also it would need then to have a low budget interior seats, that was available on the Delta 88 Sedan (the lower cost variant, under the simple Royale). I will think about it but not as a priority at all.

Your exemple of the Rusty is good, but making a clunky V8 doesn't require a lot of work as the mesh is the same.

#1329 SergentFido, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. RoadMasterGuy

RoadMasterGuy
    Expand Collapse

Alright
    I Think the 4.3 Vortec would be a good V6 [its a 3/4 350 if you dont know] also if you dont mind [or think your going to get copyright striked by GM] could you rename the engines to the real names /displacements.

11. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Just call it a PoorTec and be done with it, no more issues :) I believe the Vortec came out in the 90s where this is an 80s car, but would it be a crime to include it? Probably not. It's all if and when he has time to do the work. I don't push people, but I can and do offer friendly advice or encouragement.

12. Ezo

Ezo
    Expand Collapse

Or you could do it yourself and release for the community, is isnt hard to add and modify a engine, im sure that must be some tutorial out there, and it could use legran's v6 mesh. engine specs can be edited with your's pc notepad ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Also don't put too much effort in modding engine or making skins now because all of that will be outdated after the next update that use the new powertrain system, to point one difference.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

Wait. Is there's another big change?

15. CharredWing

CharredWing
    Expand Collapse

I think he means the next update of the mod will be using the new powertrain system. Right now, I believe it doesn't use powertrain.

16. MrZedIlluminati

MrZedIlluminati
    Expand Collapse

This is a good quality mod , but I'll make a post reply if it doesn't work properly , cause i've had problems in the past with this mod

17. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

An odd idea is a Jaguar, Rolls Royce or any luxury brand V12 engine in the Oldsmobile.

18. KKG Clan

KKG Clan
    Expand Collapse

I know this mod is the biggest so far, for you. Does the above quoted message mean that it wont be working again ? It isn't really nice to see the car just be forgotten about, just like that.

19. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

It doesn't mean that at all.
    I just said that, at the moment, it's better to wait for the update of the mod before doing engine tuning or presets, because they will be broken. The new version of the mod has changes in the way parts are named and sorted. It's in no way forgotten, i just wrote before that now the powertrain works on it, it's not the case for the current downloadable version and as a consequence, engine files and suspensions aren't the same.
    --- Post updated ---
    I'm really wondering what such a reply to the thread can mean. You've had problems with the mod (so i suppose you don't have problems anymore) but in case the mod would be outdated one day (despite it's not outdated yet and despite the fact it's clearly stated an update is coming), you already announce you'll make another reply to the thread. Well, really, as far as i'm concerned, you can make your reply now, we'll save time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. ApolloSauce

ApolloSauce
    Expand Collapse

Just a question, when you update the powertrain and release it to the public, will there be any new parts or motors? Possibly a 4wd or awd transfer case?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice