Released 1980 Typical American Fullsize Series

Discussion in 'Land' started by SergentFido, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunset Drive

Sunset Drive
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Dear @SergentFido ,

This mod is by far my favorite, even though the add on does not work for me (I'm probably stupid and putting the .zip file in somewhere wrong)
    Can you add the add on to the original mod as one?

2. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

To make the two parts into one part? No I don't think he will do that. He did it like this for a reason.
    To install it correctly both zips just needs to be put normally into the mods folder. The repository edition goes into the mods folder and so does the other part that is here as an attached zip in the first main post. Just install it like you would two different mods you just downloaded.

Weren't you the one that said that the mod worked for you after the latest update?:confused:

3. St3v3th3d0g

St3v3th3d0g
    Expand Collapse

upload_2016-11-12_10-16-13.png hey my version wont work please help

Attached Files:

• upload_2016-11-12_10-15-53.png
  4. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Yes he was, weird to not have the mod working since two monthes o_O

TCKIA, the reason why it's in two parts as well as the location of the mods folder is written everywhere in this topic, it's time to begin to read it from the first message, maybe you'll find all the answers to your questions ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Drifting H-Series

Drifting H-Series
    Expand Collapse

Could you add a limo version? Other than that great mod. :)

6. Sunset Drive

Sunset Drive
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I thought it worked.
    But thanks dude.
    Now I know how to install.
    --- Post updated ---
    That will probably come at a later date.

7. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Check the first pages of this thread about planned further versions.

8. Ryan15342

Ryan15342
    Expand Collapse

I need a proper tutorial, i cannot understand how to get this mod working, and how it all works.

9. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Read through the thread, it has been explained several times, with a several very well done guides on how to do it.

10. WarSmooth

WarSmooth
    Expand Collapse

since you and ar162 are working together you should work on making custom cars for all the cars it would be really cool like how he did the moonhawk sedan.

11. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

AR162B and Serge I believe have made a few mods in the past, including the Grand Marshal wagon, the trailer pack, the T-Series addon, and the D-Series one. Of course, the H-Series mod is the that was recently updated not too long ago.

12. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

we have only released the Van Addon and Oldsfullsize mods together, all the other mods were made by Ar162B alone. But i help him as far as i can on the next updates, and he helps on the Olds V2.0. Please don't ask me for release dates, it's only to clarify what we've done together.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Sunset Drive

Sunset Drive
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

The mod works now!
    you suck serge, i cant stop using this mod.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

i have played to the mod secretly for monthes, so i'm happy to cast such a spell on others players now ;). You'll play to it for years ha ha ha ha ha (Jackson's Thriller laugh)

15. Ryan15342

Ryan15342
    Expand Collapse

I mean like a video, cause most of it is confusing, and it is kinda hard to understand what to do, forgot to mention that i have zip.rar.

16. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

what ? a video to explain where to save TWO zip files, in the same folder ?
    let's say it could take you ten minutes to watch a video, could you consider to spend the same time to just read the thread ?
    you don't have to unzip, unrar, un7z or whatever, you just have to download and save 2 zip files in mydocuments/beamng.drive/mods.
    Dude really, even installing a software from an .exe file is more complicated that doing this. Then, if it still doesn't work, that can mean that your connection was bad and that the download failed, but that's it.
    Just a little effort and you're done.
    Look at all those people who have already complained here and finally admitted they put it in the game main folder, or whatever the mistake was. They can all play to the mod now.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  17. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure how you knew how to sign up for this website if you can't do something as basic as installing this. You literally take both zips and put them in the mods folder, same for both, no reason to do anything else.

If thats too hard then too bad.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Locofan2003

Locofan2003
    Expand Collapse

When/if a wagon is added ill have my family's old car! 20161114_200958.jpg

19. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, that doesn't look like the Custom Cruiser, which is the wagon variant Serge is going to make.

• Like Like x 1
  20. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

That's a silver CUTLASS CIERA (sic?) 85~95 model. Shared platform also with the Buick Century and I think the celebrity (not sure - go look up motorweek retro reviews on youtube to fill you in!) The ugly, hideous, downsizing due to the cafe standards (CORPORATE AVG FUEL ECONOMY) which is the fleet-wide average of the vehicles made by your company. It's a gov't mandate from the 80s and it's the reason our cars are now wimpy, fuel sipping, downsized minimal casts of their former glory.
    You will have your newer cutlass when the game devs finish one of the to-be-completed cars in the future. Look on the future cars on the wiki, it's there, in sedan form, wait for that, it'll be very easy to make a wagon out of one if they don't have it already when it's released.

In other words, that cutlass ciera came from the age of 'call anything a cutlass and sell it' because it didn't matter to GM, all cars were becoming just trim-level-differences and differences in AVAILABLE upgrade features. Heck they even made (a mistake of) a CADILLAC CAVALIER which was the CIMARRON, what rubbish. They had a BUICK SKYHAWK too. They even had buick or/or olds variants of the Citation... I can't print what we used to call the Citation here.

While I absolutely love all pre-85 GM's, and how wonderful and over-engineered they were, I DESPISE everything besides maybe the GRAND NATIONAL or GNX derivitive of the former, that came after. There were 88~89 riviera's with a touch-screen that were kind of fun and fairly reliable (except the screen!!!) though. Once they killed off the Caprice/Roadmaster... there wasn't any reason to go to the Chevy dealer, not unless you wanted a pre-1998 Chevy pickup with the kind of economy-saving-doors that fall off while driving (thankyou hinge-bushing cheapness), or that don't steer right after 40,000 miles (idler & pitman arms) :x

Thankfully they've gotten better but honestly... it's a large part of why they eventually needed a bailout.

Don't think I 'hate' chevy... we have a 2013 pickup here it's much better (2007 and newer had big changes - in the right direction!), they just don't have much on a chevy lot that I find interesting. I like a big old hate tank, not a chevy cruze on a daewoo-derived Delta / Delta II platform (which also has a buick variant, verano i think). Yes, seriously, a DAEWOO. Chevy bought them out moons ago.

The 91 bonneville was pretty nice though - will admit that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice