Released 1980 Typical American Fullsize Series

Discussion in 'Land' started by SergentFido, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the feedback dude :)

2. Fast-Subaru71

Fast-Subaru71
    Expand Collapse

That mod is really good. You did an amazing work.
    If I remember well, Neilogical said it was almost a "dev-quality" mod. But since I downloaded it and tested it to make my own opinion, I think IT IS a dev quality mod. Having custom sounds is a nice thing, and having so much variants of only two cars (The Regency and the Delta 88) is something awesome.
    It is a really good car to play with, and it is also the perfect vehicle to customize : there are so much parts you can choose from.
    I think you can be really proud of what you did on that mod.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00035.png
    • Like Like x 4
  3. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Oh, it's a great pleasure to read such a comment, thanks :) !

4. Carlover0529

Carlover0529
    Expand Collapse

So I downloaded the "codename" first, and dropped it into my mods folder and it shows up, but when I put the rest of the cars into my mods folder only codename shows up...Not sure how to go about correcting this.

5. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Must be some error somewhere, maybe an incomplete download (corrupted) because the mod works fine for 98,9 % of people ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kgibson4

Kgibson4
    Expand Collapse

i wish someone would make thyose american Racing vectors as a rim addon :/

• Like Like x 1
  7. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

My mom used to HAVE a delta 88 when she was little. My aunt and grandmother cried when they had to get a new car, they loved the '88

8. Mr_bin

Mr_bin
    Expand Collapse

The only problem with Oldsmobile Diesels was that the engines weren't meant to run diesel.
    If you reinforce the block and change the nuts by a reinforced ones and add more bolts per cylinder, itll run fine.

9. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

The developpment of the engine wasn't completed, it was released too early.
    But what you say is something general to the engine, my engine doesn't have issues because of all those early mistakes, it's simply used. i have to change injectors, piston rings, and so on.
    It needs a rebuild and of course with the upgraded parts.

• Like Like x 1
  10. rryz19

rryz19
    Expand Collapse

@SergentFido, Will you add a 4-speed automatic? According to Wikipedia, it states the transmission was available for 1981 and used for its diesel engine.

delta88.png

Sorry for the tiny image, click on it to zoom in

11. Sierra-3

Sierra-3
    Expand Collapse

That would be a realistic option but a boring one as well.
    The 4th gear on these was an overdrive and good for only one thing: cruising @ 55MPH/1500rpm with decent economy.
    Any attempt at going faster was doomed, thanks to the aerodynamics/max torque combinations on those cars(all it would accomplish was dump gas into the engine).
    An added benefit was the constant slipping until you reached 55, because of the torque converter and the extra tall gears...........

12. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I hope this type of rim is included in the second version.
    image.jpeg

13. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Those wheels are not genuine Oldsmobile ones, so unfortunatly not. Seems to me Buick or Pontiac Rally wheels.
    The genuine Oldsmobile one are called Super Stock 3 and i've done them already.

EDIT: Buick Rally wheels confirmed :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Would you still make them, they look cool on the Regency shown on the picture?

15. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Why not but not on the top of the to do list, i have a lot of things to do for the V2.0 version, and everything is time consumming.
    But having some more tuning fun is always nice. So no promises.

Edit : they look pretty similar to the Alder magnum don't you think ? :

screenshot_00017.jpg

#1055 SergentFido, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  16. ivan lochcov

ivan lochcov
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

brilliant likeness

Attached Files:

• 2016-11-08_21-36-32.png
    • screenshot_00615.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  17. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

apart from the snow, you mean the car or the buildings :p ?
    Some kind of billion differences game IMHO.

18. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Just writing in (again) to tell you how awesome this is. I must use this almost every time I run Beamng.drive. Whether I need a new one, an old one, a really-old-expired one, or one about to expire (junk yard model - I LOVE THIS ONE!) - that the doors will fall off of on the 1st jump, and a good jump will knock the engine COMPLETELY out of - there's options for everything.
    I am really appreciative of the fact that you left ESC an option here for us keyboard drivers. I can drive pretty well in this game for any normally-aspirated car with the keyboard, the fact that I can just add it in to such an old car, so that I can use it (while maybe NOT perfectly period!) is super-nice so that I CAN USE IT. It's just truly, completely awesome, whether I'm driving it till the wheels (or doors!) fall off, or it's got a tail-light hanging out by a wire, or it's the Resto-mod and it survived 5 20-foot-high jumps off the hill and STILL kept going until I stuck it in a tree - this mod has to be one of the top MUST-HAVE mods.
    I also put out a new version of Tennessee (v5!) with MOAR of everything, it's now on the MODS>LEVELS page (yay!), so if you want an awesome place to drive it, take a look under mods>levels. Keep up the great work with this car. I'll keep my fingers crossed for an 80~85 Toronado one day, but until then (beggars can't be choosers!), i'll be quite content with what I have been given! :)

--Cheers
    And don't you dare ever stop making car mods!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  20. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the nice message. I like doing car mods, i can't promise i'll do that forever, it's very long and i have a family to take care of, but as long as i could do it ...

Ha Ha they managed to do just one car preset, those thief bastards. Well they found the way to do many update like this, if they make a new release with every car included in the pack.

EDIT> ha nope, i checked the files and they juste merged the repo version with the addon, they're not that smart to profit from all the presets. Good surprise for the downloaders to discover all the versions, including the Regency, if they manage to install it on their cracked versions :p

#1060 SergentFido, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice