Released 1980 Typical American Fullsize Series

Discussion in 'Land' started by SergentFido, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Not to burst your bubble, but I don't think he's available or interested. You could open up a thread in the mod support, and you may find someone interested in assisting you with your mod.

Nope, not yet. Trust me, you'll know when it's out. We all will know. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Stiggy111

Stiggy111
    Expand Collapse

Alrighty then. Cool beans!

3. nobadesuuchan

nobadesuuchan
    Expand Collapse

So unbelievably hyped

• Like Like x 1
  4. GatheringAgate

GatheringAgate
    Expand Collapse

To me this car is same as 1991 Chevrolet Caprice. So this can be a placeholder for it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

They're very different car's,they may share the same platform but they have different parts that doesn't fit with eachother,so in other words it's different.

• Like Like x 1
  6. brianvalk

brianvalk
    Expand Collapse

the worst part about this isnt that you didnt ask the origonal author of the mod at is still active on the forum but that the modder you ask for help probably has to do most of the work

• Like Like x 1
  7. GatheringAgate

GatheringAgate
    Expand Collapse

Both cars are rare in Finland, both cars have been used by police, they steer like boats and usually have V8.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

That's not the point,your comparing car's that are used differently,the Delta is rarely ever used by police because it is more expensive than the Caprice,the Caprice is lighter than the Delta,they are also different year models,the one Fido is making is a 1977-85 which is the box-body the one you said a 1991 is a whale body year,so do some research on these cars.

9. JoshTheAwesome

JoshTheAwesome
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

If you don't mind me asking you said this would be out in about a week. 2 weeks ago

10. Nyan2Fast4U

Nyan2Fast4U
    Expand Collapse

Tigers and albatrosses are also rare in Finland and that doesn't make them similar animals.

• Like Like x 2
  11. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

To add my contribution on the Caprice/Delta 88 topic, the two cars are similar in the same era : 77/85.
    If you look to a 77/79 caprice, it's a thicker car, with a big C pillar, like the Delta 88 of the same years.
    Then the 1980 delta 88 changed a lot, thiner front end and rear, and thin c pillar, and the Caprice had the same modifications.
    Then in 1985 Delta 88 was changed to a smaller car, but the Caprice remains on the same chassis, untill 1991 and maybe more, i don't know.
    So to be exact, you're right to say the Delta 88 is similar to a 1977/91 chevy caprice.
    But all the panels, interior and even engine are totally different so indeed, the jbeams can be used for such a mod, but you can add 200 hours of modelling texturing, it's very time consumming.
    Only doors, chassis and headlight are the same.
    More fun and easier to do could be to do a crashed Delta 88 which front end was replaced by a caprice one. A DYI fixed car, in the desert.

Also the Regency sedan which is a bigger car, shares it's platform with the cadillac Sedan Deville (C-body)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Correction: the Caprice/Impala box body ended in 1990.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

"If you don't mind me asking you said this would be out in about a week. 2 weeks ago"

i think you may read the topic again, then stop complain. i have no other obligation than make my family happy.
    Regarding the way you speak to me, i'll say the mod is not dedicated to you at first.
    Since i began this one year ago, i'll say also that two weeks means quite nothing. Check the thread some times later.

• Like Like x 10
  14. Pazzi8

Pazzi8
    Expand Collapse

Please leave him alone, no one wants an incomplete mod and no one forces Fido to release the car. So shut up and wait until it's ready

• Like Like x 3
  15. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

I understand the expectation, i'm glad and excited about it, and i'm working on making the shorter as possible, but there is a way to tell things, and this was a wrong one.

16. OldSnake

OldSnake
    Expand Collapse

time changes nothing, the perfect mod does not exist.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Pazzi8

Pazzi8
    Expand Collapse

but is useless release a mod that needs an update after 2 days :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

I agree, the works is done about known bugs, then they will be update with fixes, because situations are very large in BeamNG, and something could have been missed.
    --- Post updated ---
    Ah ok, my bad, i thought we were speaking of the same frames and body cars, i understand your initial reply better now.
    I think it's only a year mistake like i did then, about this 1991 Caprice, more likely a 1990 one he was talking about.

19. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

With all this wait, i am expecting a car that is better then the stock cars.and maybe even some AAA games.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

I'm just a bit worried that the devs will update the game and possibly halt the progress of this mod by braking something. I'm NOT saying it will break it if the game gets updated I'm just saying it might. Oh well doesn't really matter to me I'm still gonna be patiently waiting while on the hype train.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice