WIP Beta released 1969 Plymouth Fury III Update V0.8.1

Discussion in 'Land' started by INSANE416, Aug 19, 2014.

1. INSANE416

INSANE416
    Expand Collapse

major update to to the starting post:) RELEASED BETA

2. tyguy108

tyguy108
    Expand Collapse

Awesome!! Can't wait to try it out :)

3. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

Need to edit the bumber Jbeam, currently it sticks out in front of the model.

4. INSANE416

INSANE416
    Expand Collapse

in attempting to fix this, i was able to raise the bumper mesh level to the fury's bumper height, but the fury has a flat bumper and the moonhawk's is wedge shaped. when i tried to flatten the mesh to fit the bumper, the rest of the front immediately implodes :( the raised bumper will be included in V0.6, but the bumper will still have to stick out until i get the chance to give the fury its own mesh. the raised bumper mesh deforms better and isnt wiggly anymore on the plus side :) thank you for this suggestion!

5. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Insane!...seeing those familiar Fury lines in game is awesome. I have a couple of things right off the bat:

screenshot_00006.png

The color changer. Red wheels and pink bumpers actually look cool on it!

screenshot_00007.jpg screenshot_00008.jpg

It looks to me like the battery is having serious collision fits. I think that's the battery.

I see a lot of the Moonhawk in deformation and this would be cool to have a little of it's own identity in that respect if possible and purely just my opinion.

Looking great!

6. team1boom

team1boom
    Expand Collapse

it looks absolutely amazing keep up the work

7. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

I also agree with Aboroath, it does deform like the moonhawk, it should deform like a mopar... That means getting sky high on both ends! But the car is fun to drive.

8. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

jbeam is a moonhawk jbeam :/

9. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

It is and it shows. I was just conveying the magnitude. This is a WIP and Op has made it clear further B/N work is planned. I'm happy to have this vehicle regardless and look forward to future tweaks.:cool:

10. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

I am as well, now we need a good sound for that mopar haha. Even though it's not really a muscle car, it is the sporty version of the Fury...

11. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

Nothing,.I read something wrong

12. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

This is one of those dream cars I always wished would show up and it did, Even though it's the 2 door. I'm a HUGE fan of big monster land yachts and I have a deeply ingrained affliction
    with seeing them get destroyed. The Fury's have a special place in my heart as an epic class of sinister badass American vehicular authority. I grew up in the 70's and the car wrecks with
    all those boats made a big impression on me.:p I've owned a 70' Charger and a 74' Olds Delta 88. Brother owned a 66' caddy Coupe De Ville once and a buddy had a 69' Buick Wildcat. We all tore
    around Seattle together as a "yacht club" in the 80's. Good times indeed.

13. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

That's cool man. Glad to hear that. My mom's first car was a 65 sport fury with a 383 mag, still sits at my parents, but the barn collapsed on it so it has some damage now and hasn't run for years. I've got a 75 Chrysler Newport I'm going to derby. All stripped down, front clip is off, but wrecked a 1/2 inch drive trying to get the back bolts of the unibody out. Then I stripped out a socket lol. Got some heavier duty tools today to hopefully get it off... Heat would help. Anyway, my dad picked up a 77 Newport, it's rusted to hell, but the kid that owned it before put a performance carb and true dual exhaust on it, it's kinda fun haha

14. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Do.Not.Quote.First.Post.

15. INSANE416

INSANE416
    Expand Collapse

i have sound files, 7 for the engine alone, skids, shifts, etc, beamng doesnt support them yet, but i plan to get them in when it does :)

16. rsb0204

rsb0204
    Expand Collapse

Have you tried this, its simple to use I have used it to add engine sounds to almost all the vehicles I have. you can even use it to make different engines and engines tunes have diferent sounds in the the same vehicle.

as a side note, the battery goes crazy during front end colisions.

17. INSANE416

INSANE416
    Expand Collapse

that mod will allow 1 engine sound, the problem is i dont have 1 engine sound that will fit all, i have 7 ranging from idle to maxrpm and everywhere in between, that mod wont work for them. the battery will be fixed by the next update, as well as the bumper

18. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

This project is still being worked on But there is a surprise ahead ;)

19. BlackVenom

BlackVenom
    Expand Collapse

I'm definitely liking where this is going. Can't wait for more updates!

And? The car is a WIP. Post is a useless post. : )

20. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Unibody car on a body-on-frame .jbeam :( I would recommend maybe removing some of the frame nodes where the real car has no separate frame rails, and building some structure that is permanently attached to the body floor. I believe the front inner fenders are also connected front-to-back from the firewall to the radiator as one structure, like most unibody cars.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice