1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

1963 Gavril Bluebuck

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Jan 28, 2013.

1. ZoZo:)

ZoZo:)
    Expand Collapse

Nice car! the community filled with automation, and config mods! and here is a nice official car! The one thing is the community needs! It's gonna have a I6?

• Like Like x 1
  2. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

On the topic of the RS nameplate, I could see a “Gavril RS” as a modern Taurus-Chevy SS equivalent, probably with multiple police configurations and possibly road/tracksport variants.

• Like Like x 2
  3. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Theory: This could ABSOLUTELY be a thing, but under a different name. It would likely be a Ford Falcon/Holden Commodore equivalent.

Evidence:
    B25mitch is a map-making dev.
    B25mitch has made multiple aussie maps, possibly as practic
    B25mitch could be, for our knowledge, be making a full-size Australian map, possibly bigger than Italy and lidar-generated.
    The Beaufort name, applied to Aussie cars, has floated around here for a while.
    The devs like having cars from each of the map regions (Autobello, case in point)

Therefore, if an Australian map comes around (which isn’t unlikely), we may see an Aussie Gavril, possibly under the RS nameplate. We don’t have any modern Gavrils, so the opportunity would be ripe for a Holden Maloo/Falcoln XR6 ute combo.
    D9C30086-D1E4-45D9-9E7C-76AB7200F3E2.jpeg AF5544F1-F894-49BE-922C-AFC6FBD180AA.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  4. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

Map is possible, but I don’t think we’re getting an Australian Gavril. Also it would be weird to have the only modern Gavril be a ute that can only be used on one map, and the dev’s time should be spent making cars that can be used on a number of maps instead of just one. Btw I believe the Beaufort is (or was) intended to be a full size 70s American car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

Well, we only have one Autobello- A hilariously small compact that only fits in when on Italy.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

7. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

the thing is, an aussie gavril doesn't necessarily have to be a ute; they could definitely make a sedan mainly, and it could be set up as a US/australian market thing, as the chrysler 300, holden commodore, dodge charger, and ford falcon are all quite similar mechanically.

• Like Like x 1
  8. falcon xr8

falcon xr8
    Expand Collapse

Like a Aussie XF ? ( this is my old XF wish i had her still )
    Mind you.. The ETK I-series kinda fills this,

This Is A Ford falcon XD ( Pree face lifted to the XE and XF )

And so any car has a hint of Aussie in it :)

Attached Files:

• IMG_6832.jpg
    • 16774784696_35ee1f0741_b.jpg
    • screenshot_2019-07-15_11-30-56.png
    #1008 falcon xr8, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

The Autobello is a jumble of a fiat, beetle, and some other cars. The beetle was sold in many countries and is still relatively common and familiar to people in the US so it fits in a majority of the maps in BeamNG.
    This is possible, but seeing as the devs don’t really like adding country specific non-US versions of cars besides police I don’t really see them adding an entire car that they have to make versions of every config for both Australia and the rest of the maps. I would like to see this happen but I doubt it’s going to.

10. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Not so unusually-sized, most economy cars manufactured in Europe at the time were more or less comparable to the Piccolina, with a wide range of even smaller city cars also available.

Americans really need to stop evaluating cars as if theirs is the only market in the World... Everywhere else (that is, about ¾ of the Globe), the Autobello would be a fairly regular vehicle in terms of size, and we have a couple more maps not set in the US (ETK Driver Experience Test Center, Automation Test Track), plus some unspecified locations.

• Agree Agree x 7
  11. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

deleted

#1011 fivedollarlamp, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

we need a torana, plain and simple :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  14. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I posted some Bubu config speculation in another thread, figured I'd copy/paste it here.

Beaters & such: we might get a weird demo derby/off road/beater hybrid like the Moonhawk and Barstow have. I would prefer to see a realistic demo derby car and a beater and dirt racer all seperate though.

Race cars:
    A NASCAR style car would be weird unless we get a coupe. I hope we will, but we don't have any true alternate body styles, not even the obvious, unique, and useful GM limo. It would be weird to have a Bubu coupe and sedan when we don't even have more obvious body styles for other cars. Plus, the Moonhawk should get a NASCAR style but only has a generic track car and the Barstow should get a Trans Am race car but doesn't have any track cars (aside from factory special edition cars).

Drag racing cars: The Bubu deserves a Super Stock car (and gasser if we get a coupe), but there are other cars which deserve these too yet all we have are generic drag cars. Again, I think this will sadly follow the precedent.

*if you can't tell by now, I really want realistic class based events in game*

Donks/Low riders: No idea what to say about a Donk; that would probably require a lot for new wheels and suspension. There's also the same issue that it would make more sense if it was a coupe. As for a low rider, Gabe himself said it is a prime choice for one, so the question is in how fancy they want the paint to be and if physics will behave with powerful pneumatic suspension, or we will only get basic raise/lower airbag suspension, or if they just won't bother with it at all.

As for factory configs, we can expect the usual stuff, but the question is in the luxury and performance packages. A lot of brands tend to start nameplates as packages; naming the luxury trim Grand Marshall would make sense, but could confuse people. I think being that cautious about player confusion would be excessive, but it isn't up to me. Then there's performance packages, which I discussed in this thread already. The Impala and the GTO are the two cars most commonly reffered to as the first muscle cars, as the Impala was the first to have an SS badge. Giving the Bubu an RS or giving the Bubu and Barstow both SS packages would be a nice nod to this.

Misc: Definetly a marked police car (hopefully with a variety of skins: black/white, black/green, blue/white), probably a taxi.

upload_2019-7-18_16-52-49.jpeg
    upload_2019-7-18_16-52-7.jpeg
    upload_2019-7-18_16-51-22.jpeg
    upload_2019-7-18_16-50-45.jpeg
    Yes these are just general vintage police cars, I didn't pay attention to what year was what. Being that all the cities in game are fictional, I think a little artistic liberty is fine concerning the accuracy of when what IRL livery was used. Not saying we should put a 2019 scheme on a 1963 car, but a generic vintage scheme on a 60's car would be fine IMO.

As for IRL cars from culture...

The Mythbusters JATO Impala is probably the silliest, yet the most likely at the same time. We have the Mythbusters ram plow and the Jato bus, so the precedent is there in terms of what the devs are willing to add.

Then there's my favorite, the Roadkill Impala from their colab with MCM. This is an easy one, since it's just a stripped interior and a skin with the biggest engine and supercharger the Bubu should already have. Not that likely to officially see, but all the parts to get close to it should come with the Bubu anyway. (Yes, also should be a coupe and a later year, but just as a reference to it, the Bubu as is would suffice IMO)

I actually can't think of any other particular Dodge 880/third gen Impala's

*Addendum concerning my comments on body styles*
    The Dodge Coronet mod, made by a team member working on the Bubu, does have coupe/sedan body styles, so this actually stands a decent chance of being the first car with true alternate body styles. I mentioned a GM limo (and Autobello alternate body styles in the orriginal comment, which I deleted since it isn't relevant to this thread). The Autobello alternate bodies would be unique enough to be a new car, and a GM limo would have to be heavily modified. My point was just that there are more important alternate body styles lacking, so we shouldn't fully expect a Bubu coupe, as useful as it would be.

#1014 ManfredE3, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  15. RecklessRodeo

RecklessRodeo
    Expand Collapse

They could do it like this. Gavril Barstow "Roadsport (Sport) (M)" for the special trims/packages. Two packages also are a nice addition. Just a suggestion.

16. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

whelp.. BeamNGdrivex64_2019-07-19_10-55-57.png

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

upload_2019-7-19_11-19-46.gif

[insert valid message here]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Belvedere58

Belvedere58
    Expand Collapse

Reference Image:

19. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

Chevrolets are just plain bad

20. EnbyMiata

EnbyMiata
    Expand Collapse

Wait, this car was a WIP since 2013?

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice