1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

1963 Gavril Bluebuck

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Jan 28, 2013.

1. The Green Hell

The Green Hell
    Expand Collapse

So something we might get bouncy front-end-lifting suspension for?

2. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Read the first post of the thread. That's all we know... Gabester mentioned lowriders... I hope that it means bouncy suspension though! :)

3. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I thought that you were saying that two alternate rear suspension setups weren't possible. Luckily, I was triple-ninja'd.

Modern cars seem to generate the most division among forum users. Since we're all so used to seeing fairly new cars on the road and internet, we're more likely to have opinions about the styling choices that the developers make. Since the SBR4 was (and still is) so different from anything we've seen out of Japan, it drew an excessive amount of anger upon its reveal.

Things have calmed down now that the player base has had time to familiarize themselves with the SBR4. I for one have become quite happy that Gabester has taken a few design liberties to bring us interesting automotive "What-ifs".

That depends on your definition of "muscle car". Most American cars produced between 1965-1973 equipped with large-displacement V8 engines and oriented towards performance are generally considered to be muscle cars.

It's a very disputed topic. There are some who say that only two-door sports models can be considered muscle cars, and the Merriam-Webster dictionary defines the term as such. The status of whether compact "pony cars" should be included is also disputed to a certain extent, but the popular image of the Mustang, Camaro, Firebird, Cougar, Challenger, and others (Including the Barstow by extension) has cemented the pony car as a subset of the muscle car genre.

Four-door sedans are a trickier proposition, but variants offered with the same high-performance equipment as the coupes under the same model name are generally recognized as muscle cars. Models designed with less of an emphasis on performance are less likely to be considered muscle cars, but that is an opinion that varies from person to person.

Interestingly enough, we haven't gotten any official word on the number(s?) of doors the Bluebuck will have. I'm currently operating under the assumption that Gabester meant four when he said it would be a "sedan", but the "two-door sedan" is also a recognized (if obscure) bodystyle.

4. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

We also need a high performance Japanese sports car from the 90s. A mixture of the Supra, GTO/3000gt, 300zx and rx7. there should be a insane 1000hp drag variant, the engines be either a i6 or v6 and there should be a twin turbo variant and the price should reflect the insane high resale value caused by movies, video games and internet fanboyism of a few of the real life examples.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

cough 200BX cough...

6. The Green Hell

The Green Hell
    Expand Collapse

So it's more like an executive sedan that errrrm... people lacking taste made a lowrider?
    --- Post updated ---
    We have the 200BX

7. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

At least there aren't donks...

8. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

That's more of an entry level sports car. I'm thinking of a performance car that was expensive when new and was seen more of a halo car to its brand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. The Green Hell

The Green Hell
    Expand Collapse

So, like an RX7?

#429 The Green Hell, Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  10. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Fixed it for you...

11. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I was thinking along the lines of the A80 Supra. A car that runs on hype as much as gasoline.
    A car that you might of seen plastered on alot of late 90s and early 2000s tuning magazines.

12. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Luxury-trim variants could be described as an "executive sedan", but keep in mind that more luxury-orientIed models would likely have fallen under the Burnside subsidiary. Buying a high-trim Bluebuck be a little like buying a luxury car with Ford, Chevrolet, or Dodge badging.

High-performance variants of the Bluebuck would most likely be considered muscle cars. It all depends on how Gabester wants to approach it.

13. The Green Hell

The Green Hell
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, I know nothing about Japanese cars.

14. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Is it possible that someone could make a RHD version of this when it comes out as they did assemble cars like this back in the early 60s in New Zealand and Australia.

15. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I'd rather wait for a proper australian car...

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Adding to what others have already said of this matter, it should be noted that early concept renderings did not flatter the SBR4. Until the first in-game screenshots showed up, it appeared to have a high, flat roofline which was rather awkward. Many people thought it was ugly, and said so openly, often with very little tact and maybe even some personal attacks (though I don't remember well enough to be sure on that last one). I don't remember what set this off, possibly the SBR4's victory or near-victory in a poll, but whatever caused it, gabester was rattled enough by the tsunami of hate that he wanted to kill the SBR4 project. Fortunately, he didn't, as the finished product looked a lot better than those early renders could possibly have indicated.

I will admit that I myself was not a fan of the car from those renders, but I tried to keep my criticism as tactful, specific, and constructive as possible, if that makes it any better.

• Like Like x 1
  17. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

It looked cool, and it's the most original car in game!

18. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Yeah i have to admit i was surprised when the first ingame screenshot was released.
    800px-Early_Ingame_SBR4.png

It was better than this.
    475px-Sbr4.jpg

Oh yeah a police Bluebuck would be cool to see as a variant.
    1964Galaxy.jpg 67735.jpg

19. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Looking at those two images back to back, it's amazing how little dressing it took to make the SBR4 look better. The angles in the early renders might be somewhat to blame also, as I'm now fairly certain that the original design was not altered at all, and I can't really tell what was done to it to make it look better. All I know is, it now looks low, taut, and ready for action in a way the concept renders didn't portray, and even the first in-game shots showed the difference.

(OT I know)

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. rmfurm

rmfurm
    Expand Collapse

That is the best idea I've heard :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice