1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

1953 Burnside Special

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Then you need to pay more attention to detail, the RoR cars have much worse models, worse deformation, and worse handling.

2. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

50's chevy's aren't any good for derbying either. Poor frame design!

3. Valhallatchaboy

Valhallatchaboy
    Expand Collapse

Handling sure, deformation is so so....i might need to pay more attention...or maybe I havent played RoR in a long time to compare them. I just remember Gabe's 53 Ford was the best car in the game because of the deformation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. RedHorizon

RedHorizon
    Expand Collapse

Who the hell in their right mind would want to derby a car from the 50's?! I'd kill for most any American car from 49'-59', project or not, I almost gave up my life-long dream so I could buy a '57 Chevy, my dad spent several months trying to talk me out of it. I've decided to finish school, get the job I want, then (most likely through loans) buy a mostly stock 1957 Chevy. Also found a nice '55 Olds and a '56 Pontiac...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

Can someone help me figure out why everyone wants the 57 Chevy's? As in why the 57's over a 55 or a 56? The front end on the 57 isnt nearly as good looking as a 56, (In my opinion). And also the 57's tend to be considerably more expensive here, For example, I just looked on craigslist, and just in this county alone I found a pair of running and driving 56 two-door sedans, neither were restored but both had 265's and 3 on the tree's, and were perfectly road worthy, one for $5500, and it needed a paint job, the other was a Bel-Air and still had the factory paint on it, and was asking $8000.
    I found a 55 two-door sedan Bel-Air with a newer 327 and a 4 speed, that was still in the factory black and pink paint job, that would be roadworthy with some new tires, for $3500.

Then I looked up 57's, First I found a two-door hard top, trunk was rusted out, was in primer, needed an interior and didnt run, and he was asking $12K.
    Then I found a 4 door 210 sedan with a 6 cylinder and a 3 on the tree, in running, roadworthy condition for $19K

6. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

My guess might be that it had a pretty iconic side profile, particularly the chrome near the fins. Could also be that it's just an in-vogue model year and that alone makes it worth big money, like how a painting is only worth the name emblazoned upon it. Self-fulfilling prophecy of the market.

My father had a '55. It had a crap flamejob and was hardly in pristine condition, but even though I couldn't have told a Bentley from a blowdrier at that point in my life, I loved that thing. He sold it about 8-10 years ago, and when last I checked, regretted doing so.

7. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

We like cars from the roaring '50s because they're good in terms of both exterior shaping:

As well nice looks on the inside:

• Like Like x 1
  8. RedHorizon

RedHorizon
    Expand Collapse

Why a '57? For starters, it's a beautiful car -- it has more chrome on the front than the other tri-fives (looks classier too, imo), the new Bel Air and even 210 trim down the sides compliments the car perfectly. It has more powerful engine options (283ci V8, 185hp @4600RPM w/ 2bl carb, and 283hp @6200RPM w/ the fuel injection), and from what I'm told, usually more reliable. It has a re-designed interior, with a chrome-laden dash that is a little more driver-friendly (again, imo). Damn fine automobiles.

9. IIHS....

IIHS....
    Expand Collapse

57's the ugliest and most expensive of the shoebox chevies

10. Instant Winrar

Instant Winrar
    Expand Collapse

In the next 4 updates guaranteed.

11. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Are you sure we have the same idea of what 'ugly' is? Last time I checked, A 57 Chevy was a pretty decent looking car.

Probably not a good idea to predict a release date you know... Heck a developer might just see this and mess around with us a bit more and delay it further than its completion date!

12. Instant Winrar

Instant Winrar
    Expand Collapse

Community demand is high, there have been a few teasers, it's high in the old polls. It's soon.

13. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

this was pretty much confirmed to be in the next update

14. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

last time you saw the burnside was a long time ago, and they don't tend to update us on minor changes too often.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jasper1956

jasper1956
    Expand Collapse

just wondering what car will come out next

16. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Next update or the one after. Its not hard to follow the update schedules really.

17. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

like look out for updates during a Friday, Saturday or a Sunday (most cases they come out in this time bracket)

and look at the personal dev blog and the screenshots thread as they give you a good indication on the things they are working on.

18. fanboyjj

fanboyjj
    Expand Collapse

For the burnside there should be a fallout configuration for this car when it gets released, like a futuristic design for the trunk and a rusty livery and faded white wall tires with rusted rims.

19. tjm2000

tjm2000
    Expand Collapse

20. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice