WIP 1948 Fintray Roadster

Discussion in 'Land' started by Blijo, Mar 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

Yes sure, it is all about priority. But as long you are working on a unreleased mod, you have the upper hand, people have to come to your channel to see the progress of your mods. And if you like to talk in your videos, even better, it is not needed to be heavily edited.
    Good luck to you, and hope to get a chance to test out you mod on my test maps when it is finally released.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

For what, no need to feel sorry. Maybe it was a bit early to call things dead. Next time just ask for an update, news etc. Or just wait of course.
    Calling things dead might be a bit harsh but kinda does the same as asking for progress right?

3. sabinoplane

sabinoplane
    Expand Collapse

That would completely kill the purpose and basis of modding, its supposed to be free for all to enjoy, not fanmade microtransactions. And before you tell me i dont underestand how long modding takes and how hard it is, I'm a modder for skyrim and fallout 4, so I do know, I've spend loads of hours in working in mod projects, and no, i dont expect and want pay. Want to support modders (and can)? Donate, that's always welcome.

The progress looks great also! Can't wait for a beta! (this already looks more finished than most of the vehicle mods that get released tbh)

About the videos, i totally underestand that, you can't make a living from mods but they can make a living from filming them, that sucks, i dont think there is much way to fix that sadly since youtube does offer a way for users to make revenue (even if in an abusive and increasingly bad way, youtubers have it really rough lately) But, if you have a donation page, think that if for example Neilogical or any other uses it you will get much more people to come and check out your mod and download it (or at least i think you will) which means more people would enjoy and know about your mod and also that there's more people that can donate. So yeah, youtubers make money, yes, but they're also providing a service that beneficts both creators and users! however if you decide to still not allow videos with ad revenue, i still think its a perfectly valid thing to do

Maybe in the future, while im 100% against paid mods, the beamng devs can implement something like ads on mod download so mods that get lots of downloads can earn revenue, just like youtube videos... Wouldn't that be awesome!

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Camera2004

Camera2004
    Expand Collapse

Talk about the private mod community...

5. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

What?? His points were completely valid.

I don't think he needs to say anything more, he pretty much summed it up perfectly :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dayz Me Rollin'

Dayz Me Rollin'
    Expand Collapse

Talk about irony from your end :cool:

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Camera2004

Camera2004
    Expand Collapse

Huh?

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. mattsikung

mattsikung
    Expand Collapse

Yea

9. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

my only recommendation for this issue overall is that you advertise about your donation page a bit more. (maybe request video reviewers to include link to patreon?)

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

@bijo what are you testdriving the car on... wheel or controller... because many modded cars are imossible to drive with a wheel sad simracingmasterracenoises
    --- Post updated ---
    *Blijo

11. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

A PS4 controller and a T150RS, getting the right feel is important and many hours have been spent on the suspension

• Like Like x 5
  12. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

Perfect.. cant wait for the release..
    Gut Pfad! Pfadfinder Gruppe 38 wien penzing

• Like Like x 1
  13. mattsikung

mattsikung
    Expand Collapse

cant you make it so you donate to get the mod

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

thats a good idea... id be happy to pay 2-5 euros for the car

15. some

some
    Expand Collapse

1.99 x 1500 paid downloads

16. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

It's not finished.
    And paying for a mod ruins the purpose of modding- it just turns into dlc

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Plus, not everyone can afford (or have the opportunity) to purchase mods as well, so it disables some people from ever getting the mod.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. TechMechanic

TechMechanic
    Expand Collapse

Look it's not finished, Blijo doesn't want to release it, please don't try to pawn it off of him

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. some

some
    Expand Collapse

I think that paying for the mod is better for the person producing the mod, as they now have a huge incentive to complete the mod, and other mods.

People not being able to afford 1.99 micro transaction, that's their problem. (Job)

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Last time I checked, micro-transactions is despised in the gaming community.

I think it's just better if he allows people to donate to support him (which worked for bob.blunderton), not deviate people with a paywall in order to get the mod after completion.

• Agree Agree x 9
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice