Cancelled 1939 Fiat 1100A "Musone" - 1939 ETK Familie - Help Appreciated

Discussion in 'Land' started by King of Unnecessary Saves, May 20, 2019.

1. King of Unnecessary Saves

King of Unnecessary Saves
    Expand Collapse

This is a WIP
    The first generation Fiat 1100 was a small family car introduced in 1937, and redesigned in 1939 with a different grille. Postwar versions had modified mechanics. I might eventually, (very distant future,) relist it as an ETK to put it in the repository. Please note that this car is in very early development, and it might be dead soon. But, I'm hoping for the best and I'm enthusiastic about it.

Possible Configs:

Standard sedan, no frills nothing fancy. (What I'm working on right now.)

(Far future: ) A van: Furgoncino And a lorry: Camioncino

(Far future: ) Extended wheelbase cab, Tassì.

(Far future: ) A 4 seat cabriolet and a 2 seat spider. (I know, not accurate but I think it'd look good.)

Current work:

I know, not that much has been done yet, but I'm hoping this project will be finished someday. I might need J-Beam and texturing help eventually, but for now, I think I've got it. (This is my first mod, so don't expect it to be released tomorrow. Also, yes, I'm fully aware of what they say, "Don't start with a car!" but I don't care.)

Attached Files:

• fiat_1100_e_musone_spettacolare_conservato_a_s_i_7660087427845203596.jpg
    • Fiatprogress.jpg
    • Like Like x 26
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. 93Volvo240

93Volvo240
    Expand Collapse

BeamNG really needs some really old cars. Good luck and I might be able to help with modeling and texturing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

Wouldnt this be better as an autobello?

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. 93Volvo240

93Volvo240
    Expand Collapse

It does seem more autobello like.

5. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Autobello hadn't been founded in 1939 yet.

That said, the coeval Opel Olympia isn't that far off in terms of design and styling, so this one could well be an ETK:

Design languages in Italy and Germany only started to diverge significantly in the following decades.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  6. 93Volvo240

93Volvo240
    Expand Collapse

Thats true.

7. Mad_Makaron

Mad_Makaron
    Expand Collapse

It’s Moskvich 401 (москвич 401).

8. 93Volvo240

93Volvo240
    Expand Collapse

Isn't that a russian car? Any way, maybe it should be called an ETK 1000 series. Maybe it could one of Civetta's early cars like a Civveta Scintilla.

9. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

No and no.
    It's an early Fiat, bottom line.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

If that's an Opel, that would be more of a Gavril of Germany product, maybe with some Ford Eifel cues in it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Somehow I don't see Civetta building a lowly family car... Especially, not in the (late) '30s, when manufacturers who had gained some prestige and recognition tried to stay away from the humbler market segments as much as they could. If Civetta had been founded already, that is...

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. loba04

loba04
    Expand Collapse

the forst fiat is from 1899 so this isn't that early.
    i can see this as a predecessor as of the entire Autobello brand. in italian it's a composed name: auto (car) and Bello (the surname of the founder from what i gathered in the wiki). it may be branded only as the Bello -insert repository friendly name here- with the excuse that mr Bello used to produce smething else before cars (for an example Innocenti, the italian importer of morris and the creator of the lambretta scooter, used to produce scaffolding materials). SO... basically he produced other random things, he tried out cars in the late '30s, he was so overwhelmed from the success of his product that ,after the WW2, he changed the name of his company to AutoBello and produced the piccolina for an absurd ammount of time.
    that's a lot of lore for a car. I don't like to brag but this is one of the best things theat i ever came up with

Attached Files:

• Screenshot2.png
    • Like Like x 1
  13. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Nah, car brands tend to stay with the name they are founded with. A company that made something like this would have no problems with branching down to economy cars.

I see it more as a German Gavril, an Opel Olympia/Ford Eifel-style car.

14. loba04

loba04
    Expand Collapse

ok, i admit defeat.
    NSU and simca for some time were french and german importers of fiat, you know, when they actually produced good cars (they stopped in the mid '70s :) ).
    so the opel olympia (or it's wierd russian cousin) kinda cashed in on the success of NSU, so it can work as a german gavril or ETK

15. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

NSU never imported Fiats, at least not the NSU company. NSU was just one of Fiat's brands, used until 1957, when NSU went back into the car business after 36 years.
    Now, the trademark belongs to VAG.

Also, NSU's Wankel craze was anything but good.

16. loba04

loba04
    Expand Collapse

they built the first rotary spider production car, the priz spider, and one of the best cars of the '70s, the Ro80, so nobody ever doubted the innovation of the wnakel engine but the reliablity, now mostly solved even in these pioneristic examples, problems at the time and the big development costs on the Ro80 brought them down and then merged with audi-auto union and then quietly disconyinued in the late '70s from what i remember.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. King of Unnecessary Saves

Expand Collapse

I'm not really into the project at the moment, but probably gonna get some work done later this week. Also, let's try and keep the conversation civilized.

18. 93Volvo240

93Volvo240
    Expand Collapse

Good like luck! Also nice signature. I love old cars to!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. King of Unnecessary Saves

Expand Collapse

Hood's getting worked on a bit.

I also found this photo of a Simca 8 frame, (pretty much the same car.) But I don't know how to go about making it in game.

Progress is slow, I know, but it is getting worked on.

Attached Files:

• Hoodaddedimprovementstobemade.jpg
    • lista_572220d1525451724.jpg
    • Like Like x 5
  20. King of Unnecessary Saves

Expand Collapse

Trunk is getting worked on, but the hood is still providing me with some trouble.

Attached Files:

• TrunkUpdate.jpg
    • HoodUpdate.jpg
    • Like Like x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice