1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

100 K/mh Speed Chime

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Brickturn, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Brickturn

Brickturn
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I need some help with this, Id like it to come on when you hit 100 kmh or about 62 mph. Why? Because Eurobeat...

2. Re:Z_IA

Re:Z_IA
    Expand Collapse

Hello!

I’d recommend doing the speed chime as a UI app, as it will be much easier than making a physical part on the vehicles themselves.

Now, I’ve never tried to make a UI app before, so bear with me, but based on prior knowledge of scripting, I believe I understand the basics of what needs to be done.

I did a quick read of the UI App Wiki Pages, and I believe what you’re looking to do on a basic level is a simple if-then script using the WheelSpeed stream. It’s more complex than that in actuality, but that’s the general idea.

To my knowledge, what you need to do is make an app that tests the WheelSpeed stream. Streams are data about your vehicle that UI apps collect and use, and I believe WheelSpeed would be the most appropriate for this situation. The app would test WheelSpeed and see if it’s above a certain number, and if so, play the speed chime sound. It would also be set to stop the sound if WheelSpeed dropped below the same value one the sound started playing.

As I said before, I have zero experience with UI apps, so I could just be spewing nonsense. I’d recommend taking a look at the UI app tutorial pages on the wiki, as well as downloading other people’s UI apps and taking them apart to learn how they work.

If you need any more help or have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask! I can likely give you a more detailed and accurate explanation at a later date once I have time to sit down at my computer and mess around with UI apps for a bit, so if you still need help, I’m right here! (*^▽^*)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

Sorry to ruin the party here, but this isn’t the first time this has been suggested. Before posting a new thread, please check to see if it already exists :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice