1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.9 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Apr 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex [ITA]

Alex [ITA]
    Expand Collapse

@korbitr That's normal. If you haven't made any screenshot inside the game, Steam/BeamNG has some background images (idk how...). Don't worry, that's not unusual. :)

EDIT: Just noticed the parts selector... I don't know if in the background images (if you have no screenshots inside the game) there is a photo with the part selector. Did you check the Documents/BeamNG.drive/Screenshots folder if there are some images? If no, that's a common photo, taken by a developer and put inside the game as background of Steam.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Roasted Bunny

Roasted Bunny
    Expand Collapse

I have that bug too, try relaunching the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

This consistently happens to me as well. When I take a picture with the camera, the UI does not come back on it's own.

I can also hit CTRL+E at the main menu to open the vehicle selector, but I do not see this as a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  4. korbitr

korbitr
    Expand Collapse

That's my guess too, one of the devs took a screenshot for private use, and they either forgot to delete it or accidentally moved it to the wrong folder, and it ended up with the game update.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Subaru555

Subaru555
    Expand Collapse

HI everyone in the community,
    i have a problem when spawning in official and modded cars where the tachometer is still there, but it is blank (like no revs, the engine isn't there, but it is in the parts selector and if i rip the hood off, i can see it). i can still hear the turbo spool and blow off, i can see exhaust fumes and the turbo meter next to the tachometer still works.
    is anyone else having this problem, i have verified integrity and cleared cache as well to see if it fixes it, but no luck.

P.S theres another problem where the snorkel on the hopper and roamer are showing as orange and "no texture"

any help would be appreciated.

regards
    subaru555
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

clear cache, run in safe mode and check that you have no conflicting mods

• Like Like x 1
  7. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

The new Off-Road Sunburst added in 0.9.0.5 does donuts easier than any vehicle in the game - especially impressive if you consider that it does them while still on the automatic side of the DCT!
    screenshot_00038.png

It doesn't hurt that it comes ready-to-go in my favorite colour either . . .

• Like Like x 1
  8. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

the new optimizations are good, BeamNG is now playable on low settings with dynamic collision off on an intel Atom Z3735F (lowest end atom 7 series - the one with intel HD, Z35xx has powervr) 30fps on the pigeon and that's that, in some areas even 60fps is manageable, well done devs, maybe touch controls could be suggested... as it now runs on practically any windows tablet made in the last 3 yrs

• Like Like x 1
  9. tobiukas

tobiukas
    Expand Collapse

Whenever I respawn the car after using the recording app all of the windows and lights are broken until I crash the car or reset it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Actually, it seems that the invisible walls bug exists in ALL the scenarios that involve map modification. Here's me hitting an invisible wall in intersection 2

11. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Destroy the moonhawk is unplayable. When you click start, it loads the main menu, then you're stuck on the main menu until the scenario fails. Then, if you retry, it repeats.
    --- Post updated ---
    Beam becomes unplayable at that point, as loading ANYTHING becomes impossible. Maps refuse to load.

12. dmtactical

dmtactical
    Expand Collapse

I have a few nitpicks with the game, while not significant I should probably mention them before the final release. The first two are vegetation related. The vegetation on Jungle Rock seems to suck the car in. Not sure if that's realistic or not, but it is annoying and for that reason I don't play that map much anymore. I don't recall it always being that way. Second, since the vegetation is static and indestructible, the mid size shrubs can make gameplay frustrating at times. It's annoying to have to stop and pull out my BeamNG Shrubs field guide and check if it's a bush I can drive through or will total the vehicle.

Now for actual issues, the tilt ramp is not working for me. When driving up the ramp, it falls through the supporting beams.

Also some cars have a small issue with symmetry, you can see a line across the top. Maybe a texture issue or something. Shown in screenshot.
    screenshot_00001.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Modem

Modem
    Expand Collapse

disable mods.

14. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

not really a bug, but those rocks are annoying when you want to go fast over that ramp
    screenshot_00000.png

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. wrinkle345

wrinkle345
    Expand Collapse

That happens on the low/lowest texture settings. The compression causes it to have that line. In higher settings, that line usually disappears.

It's always been that way.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Perry smarts

Perry smarts
    Expand Collapse

no clue but it is loading the cars more slowly, is it just me(i have more than 400 mods active) or is it slower than normal?

• Like Like x 1
  17. dmtactical

dmtactical
    Expand Collapse

That makes sense then. I use low settings.

• Like Like x 1
  18. da_niche

da_niche
    Expand Collapse

Is it me or is the turbo physics isn't quite realistic? 0.8 turbo was just spot on and after updating to 0.9 I didn't expect for an improvement for the turbos

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Don't report stuff if you have mods <.<
    It's written clearly in the first post.

400 mods is a lot.
    More mods > More stuff to load > Longer it takes

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

id like to suggest something. ive noticed that for a few updates there has been new spawn points added in certain maps, but what about derby arenas? i think there should be a spawn point for every arena in that map. it would make it faster to set up derbies.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice