1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.8.0.1 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Dec 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roboman5e15

Roboman5e15
    Expand Collapse

with the new update i can no longer go full screen

2. aesthetic_tea

aesthetic_tea
    Expand Collapse

I spawned a 200bx, changed the color to a custom one, and drove and crashed. I then reset in place, and the color went back to what it started with.

3. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Go to Documents/BeamNG.Drive and delete the 'Settings' folder.

Video?

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It happens, but yeah, I have been trying hours to get it to happen, it does not happen then, only if you forget about it, do normal driving, maybe spin out a little, reverse just a bit so you can turn while driving forward and there is that very narrow window, when your reversing slows down, when you shift up two quick flicks on button when it hits, but no matter how hard I have tried it is not happening on purpose.

I have done some coding, nothing big, just for my own amusement and it almost is when you forget to set = so you have < or > you check variable and only rarely it falls to condition that would require = but of course it must be a lot more complicated in this case.

I think that I try to make it happen again, maybe I can caught in on video.

5. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

There is an error in the collision model in the trail above the spawn area.
    screenshot_00225.png
    screenshot_00226.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

I just got this issue as well. very weird, tho i havent been able to replicate it yet, so maybe just a one time thing?

7. wrinkle345

wrinkle345
    Expand Collapse

I've also stumbled across it aswell. It always happens when you are just normally driving.
    I was driving the schoolbus mod (which is automatic), and when I went to shift from D to 1st, I went a little too far and ended up at M1, there were 6 M-gears, one for each gear in the transmission.

I know the schoolbus is a mod, but I'm 90% sure that this isn't caused by that.

8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

M1 is 1st manual gear for semi automatic shifting mode, M-1 is then a bug, same with M0. Diamondback wrote that he found the bug and it is fixed now, so next update should get rid of this bug I guess.

Source of bug being fixed:
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/gear-0-in-dct.36079/

9. KaiserimnopYT

KaiserimnopYT
    Expand Collapse

upload_2017-2-8_15-51-20.jpeg
    ??????????????????????????????????????????

10. aesthetic_tea

aesthetic_tea
    Expand Collapse

One time thing. Can't do it again. Weird.

11. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I've reinstalled the game, tried everything, but the Legran's front end shakes a lot when standing still if it's damaged. No other car does this.

12. Dreadly

Dreadly
    Expand Collapse

Alright guys I've been trying to just let this go since I got the game because in the big picture it's a very small issue. But this is starting to piss me off so much and I'm worried this game is going to break my wheel. I CAN NOT SIT STILL! My god it is the most frustrating thing ever but if i leave the car sitting COMPLETELY STILL then my wheel decides to be a friggin spaz and start rotating vigorously trying to break my desk. It's fine while driving, I drift with no issues, but I can't even use the bloody garage without CONSTANTLY keeping one hand on the wheel. My god you can not begin to imagine my frustration. When I'm actually holding the wheel it takes no effort to keep still, but if i let it go at all it start going off like a headless chook.

Is this a bug with the game or the way my wheels setup? Can I fix this? It would be nice to be able to park up for 5 seconds and not have to listen to my wheel trying to kill itself the entire time. The way the wheel reacts while driving is fine as i said, the ffb is far from perfect but it does exactly what I need it to do so I have very little complaints on how it actually drives. The frustration I experience though when I'm sitting there in the garage trying to build a car, and I need to pause, get to the next option, unpause, hold the wheel, choose option, pause, find next option. Ugh I didn't really wanna come on here with the shits but I need an answer. I need to know if it's just the way I have it setup or if the ffb in this game is seriously that horrendous that it decides its a boat sitting on water while I'm not even moving. If it's something to do with the actual setup then I'm worried about actually changing it because the wheel does what it's supposed to already, and I don't want that to change.

I'm using a t300rs for anyone wondering.

In a bit more detail on what it's actually doing. As soon as I let it go you feel it try to go to either side as you're letting off, like it's pulling itself to the left or right, and then it hits a stop and starts to vibrate really bad to the point I can hear it on the opposite end of my house, and after a couple seconds of heavy vibrations the wheel just starts going side to side until its eventually spinning 1080 degrees lock to lock for absolutely no reason. The car isn't moving. How the hell does ffb even do that? Isn't it supposed to react to what the suspension is doing? Cause at the moment, its doing nothing, but the wheel is doing anything but nothing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

This is actually a common thing with many driving games. Some 'solves' this by eliminating FFB at very low speeds.
    We are looking into solutions for that.

14. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I believe some title used some cut-off speed, I think it was actually adjustable, which below it used kind of static resistance/spring to simulate that low speed heavier steering effect, which was kind of nice feeling actually, power steering or without power steering could then have real like effect on slow speed steering resistance.

Cars without power steering are really hard so usually people nudge it forwards or backwards a bit to get easier steering. Of course you might have much better ideas already, but thought to mention as it is easier to skip info than find where there is no info.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Dreadly

Dreadly
    Expand Collapse

See what you showed there is similar but not the same thing. The car is at least actually moving in that video. I have almost the same thing happen but ONLY when I'm sitting still, and it just keeps getting progressively worse. It starts off as a vibration and then starts getting bigger and bigger til its doing 3 full spins each way while sitting parked on the spot. Anyways, if you're looking into it then that's good enough for now and I cant really ask much more of you guys.

I will mention though that apart from that one video of Pcars you just showed me, this is literally the first time I've EVER seen this happen, and I've played "many driving games". From Euro truck simluator, to dirt rally, to lfs/AC/rFactor. I used to own pcars on ps4 too but I think I was using a different wheel back then (t500, on t300 now) and I even clocked over 500 hours in The Crew on ps4. Like I said this is the first time I've ever seen it, it's obviously not that common. But it is really annoying.

16. Zorin-Ind.

Zorin-Ind.
    Expand Collapse

Feedback: the new automatic transmission system works brilliantly with an Xbox One controller. I've never played a game with more realistic shifting behavior.

17. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

That is indeed so, I guess SLRR is only other one I can think of which had something bit like automatic which I have played (unless memory fails), but BeamNG has first really proper one and I'm sure that will be good for sales too.

Analog throttle of course needed to really enjoy from that and as I'm limited to gamepad currently I use almost only automatic boxes, kinda hard to lift off throttle while keeping steering steady with the gamepad.

18. RetroStevie

RetroStevie
    Expand Collapse

The 1996 Pessima has a really weak engine, it breaks at about 32mph.

19. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Thanks for the kind words, we really tried to make it feel as realistic as possible without going over the top for car specific configuration requirements. =)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

No bugs to report that I can think of, I just want to say how much I appreciate how much the staff and devs do for us, and their patience with our simple issues :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice