1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.8.0.1 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Dec 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiftFan

LiftFan
    Expand Collapse

I would love to say about this update but steam is down so I can't update BeamNG ;(

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Well, disabling FFB seems to fix it for some.

We do not know how long it will take to fix.
    The issue seems to come from the Logitech drivers itself, that means we need to work along Logitech in order to solve it.
    Will it be fixed? Sure. When? Can't say.

3. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

well, if thats the case, there is any way i can downgrade to 0.7?

4. chelak

chelak
    Expand Collapse

Fatal Vehicle Exception is thrown if G27 Leds option is enabled in Options
    And what to do if i have this problem on SOME cars and G27 option is disabled? Some cars are freeze... All that after update (((

5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Then broken mods or broken files.

> Clean reinstall (See first post for correct instructions)

When Steam is back online of course.

Downgrading is not an option.
    We know it's annoying for G920 owners, but trust me it even more annoying for us..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I'm really digging this update. The LeGran is tons of fun, the new powertrain and transmission stuff is fun, everything's fun.
    Hats off to the devs.

• Agree Agree x 8
  7. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

Had to post here that this update was by far the best.
    I was surprised to see that the camper was very well designed with the deformation. It breaks like an caravan should. Also really surprised that the devs improved the collisions massively with dark magic or something. The story campaign was hinted at in the final second and i'm wondering why it is an campaign and not the career mode. If this is a part of the campaign then what is the career mode for? Anyway this story campaign was really awesome and it was interesting to actually have an decent challenge against the ai in races. It gave an insight to how beamng will look like in the future. Previously it's just been spawn car config, drive car, crash, repeat or something along those lines but with the new campaigns we actually get an new interesting view of the game. It will be interesting to see how the story will continue and how the garage mode will play out. Only thing that i was slightly bothering about the campaign was that the cut scenes felt rather too quick
    As always, great work devs.

8. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

That's not a bug, it's actually quite realistic. Raising or lowering the suspension on a solid front axle vehicle will change the steering geometry in game and in real life. You can fix it by messing with the steering center in the tuning menu until it drives straight again.

9. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I found a culprit for the missing trim issue. It appears that the taxi expansion pack can trigger it.

10. osyu46

osyu46
    Expand Collapse

How do you turn off the new Garage layout and UI? I can't really navigate through it at all. Is there some sort of legacy feature?

11. NewoFox

NewoFox
    Expand Collapse

I did not see this here, but it appears that the clutch assistant is broken in some cases. Some vehicles work perfectly while others are unable to detect throttle input, and have the clutch fully depressed.

Disabling the clutch + throttle assistant allowed me to get most of Djplopper's most recently updated version of his configuration pack to work.

Does the new update add any negative consequences for not using the clutch when shifting?

12. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

Brake lights are not activated by the parking brake. That behavior is intentional

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Yes, you damage the gearbox.
    Too much damage and it will stop working.
    I'm not sure whether this is fully operative or WIP yet.

You don't. No 'legacy' feature.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

With clutch assist on, if i brake so that the brakes lock up and then let go of the brake the car will still have the clutch at 100%
    Basically the clutch assist holds the clutch so that the car doesn't stall from the locking up but then it doesn't release the clutch when there is no more possibility for stalling.

This is an issue because there is no engine braking when the clutch is pressed down and therefore it's harder to slow down.

EDIT: Forgot to put in that the boost gauge sometimes doesn't appear in quickplay scenarios. Possibly dissapears if you reset the same quickplay scenario.

And i want to know why we can't edit the ui app layout in scenarios anymore?(we haven't been able to do that for a long time yes but why not?)

#294 BowlerHatJack, Dec 23, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  15. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

What a great update, very nice. love the new car and the caravan.
    The new gearbox and drivetrain system, so awesome to be able to drive with 1-2 wheels missing :D
    the updated and allmoste no sticky cars collisions, sooo happy with that, very well done, what have you guys done to get it this good? Edge collision detection?
    The only thing that is a bit sad, is I have some decal trouble (it have some flickering lines where some parts of the decal is missing, z-fighting)
    but thank you all so much for a great update, and have a great Christmas :)

16. NewoFox

NewoFox
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the information - I will work on my shift timing.

Do RPM ranges come into effect when shifting? IE: When I downshift, do I have to hold the clutch as my RPM's drop to the appropriate range to prevent damage?

17. LiftFan

LiftFan
    Expand Collapse

I love the caravan - perfect for crashing into and even more fun to drag into a wall at high speed with the drag cars!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

In the quickplay menu for the industrial site map the "Rallycross Short" and "Racetrack Curved" have the same pic even though they are different races on different tracks.
    ("Rallycross Short" is using the correct picture.)
    upload_2016-12-23_23-49-6.png upload_2016-12-23_23-49-41.png

19. ajc918

ajc918
    Expand Collapse

I realize I made a mistake. The Engine on and of button was the same button I used for down shift, so when I was shifting from Drive to Reverse, I was also making the engine shut off, But I still find the Newer automatic transmissions much to easy to confuse, and they are really slow and unresponsive.

20. estama

estama
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

There are no edge collisions (yet), they are still in the research phase. Collision subsystem is using an entirely different idea to avoid sticking which works with the existing triangle to point collision fast path.

Happy holidays everyone :)

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice