1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.5.3.2 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Mar 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMohawkNinja

TheMohawkNinja
    Expand Collapse

Anyone know a good way to break the connecting rods?

2. thomatoes50

thomatoes50
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Ground model bug
    When you define
    Code:
    groundDepth = 0.02;
    you can pass through the material like butter.
    Changing the number don't do a thing.
    I tried on a simple collision model (cube) and with sand for ground type.

3. austinonevia

austinonevia
    Expand Collapse

The load times are much longer with this update, especially changing individual parts in the parts selector. What used to take a couple of seconds now takes 15-20 seconds and sometimes more. Also, the engine thermals work great for me except the app that displays the temperatures. It is completely blank.

4. Kirahl

Kirahl
    Expand Collapse

ECA performance is not good. I get 30 FPS in the town area on highest settings with no HDR, no light rays, no DoF and no dynamic reflections on a 980 Ti at 1440p. In other areas I average around 40.

I'm not CPU bound as pausing the physics barely affects the FPS.

I feel I should at lease be able to hit 50 in the town area on a 980 Ti.

5. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

so something i noticed while messing around with the new thermal stuff:

the check engine light NEVER comes on, no matter how much damage it gets because of high temperatures

6. Fender_Bender

Fender_Bender
    Expand Collapse

Edit: Nothing here bro

7. ast5515

ast5515
    Expand Collapse

I did a 5 minute long stationary burnout with the Barstow without any smoke coming from anywhere except tire smoke. And the temparture debug app is a grey blank for me, even after wiping cache, restarting game, etc.
    EDIT: For the last 15 minutes I've been doing a stationary burnout in a 200BX Devil with the radiator taken out. NOTHING. No smoke, all the heat debug apps are blank.
    Coolant temp gauge is also pointing down and to the right. Not even close to C or H.

#67 ast5515, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  8. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

The H45 w/ Cargo box has all the lights on the cargo box (tail lights and marker lights) lit up by default despite the main lights being turned off.

Attached Files:

• vanh45esa.png
  9. Chat's7

Chat's7
    Expand Collapse

Hi !

When we remove all radiator of the engine, temperature of coolant don't move, same when the coolant is at 0.

10. TheMohawkNinja

TheMohawkNinja
    Expand Collapse

Oh wow, you guys actually modeled the air cooling such that if my engine overheats, it is far more effective to drive the car at low RPM than to just sit and wait for the car to cool.

Very impressive.

That being said, it would be nice if physical damage to the car would affect the damage to the block and cause gaskets to come off and things like that. It kinda seems silly that the block can be damaged from thermal stresses, but in a 150 MPH accident, it's just fine.

11. The Advisor

The Advisor
    Expand Collapse

While trying out the bank robbery scenario I noticed that breaking off the right mirror counts as crashing which seems a bit extreme, especially since the left mirror doesn't count.

• Like Like x 2
  12. mumboking

mumboking
    Expand Collapse

Is the Bank Robbery scenario meant to be beatable by not following the waypoints? That's the only way I've managed to complete it.
    The AI doesn't get enabled because I came a different way. :D

Mirror got knocked off my car: "You crashed your car"
    Oh come on!

13. FastestClassic

FastestClassic
    Expand Collapse

I have to say, this is quite a fun update! Love how in-depth the thermodynamics are (and the exhaust details, i.e. when an exhaust pipe falls off, the smoke comes from the correct place), fantastic job overall.

However, while I think the exhaust smoke is mostly realistic, no smoke appears to show up during revs in neutral at all (and yes, I read the OP about smoke only appearing under load). Not sure if this was intentional or a bug, but I feel like the smoke should appear in neutral while revving, as the engine is still experiencing load in this case. Otherwise, fantastic update overall!

EDIT: Also, doesn't seem like the Sunburst has any exhaust smoke. Haven't been able to see any, even under extreme driving conditions.

#73 FastestClassic, Mar 11, 2016
  14. InFiNiTy

InFiNiTy
    Expand Collapse

head gasket broke while drifting. maybe it also affects the piston rings :/

I really enjoy playing the update. :D

Attached Files:

• 20160311210212_1.jpg
  15. DapperDan

DapperDan
    Expand Collapse

Camera Bug???

16. TheMohawkNinja

TheMohawkNinja
    Expand Collapse

Is it just me or do we not have thermals for the Pigeon? When I spawned the Pigeon, the thermal debug window disappeared (like it does with any of my modded cars that don't have the thermal sim code).

17. DirtGamer301

DirtGamer301
    Expand Collapse

Some more/new inverted faces on JRI:
    screenshot_00721.png

HDR seems to flicker, but that's already been a thing when I first enabled it, so it's not caused by this update.

Objects being a bit farer away seem to blend badly into the blurried sky, or this are my awful blur settings (well to see on the left from the tunnel entrance):
    screenshot_00720.png
    Better picture: It's alright when something's close to the camera, gets weird in the middle and then alright again:
    screenshot_00723.png

Weird tree setup on ECA:
    screenshot_00679.png

Texture bug on ECA:
    screenshot_00732.png

It keeps saying I crashed my car on a slight impact playing the Bank Robbery scenario although my car is still greatly driveable:
    screenshot_00736.png screenshot_00737.png screenshot_00743.png screenshot_00745.png screenshot_00746.png screenshot_00747.png

Loading times and FPS are awful with the last update! It took me 10 minutes to simply load the Bank Robbery Scenario, same with others. Although I have no comparison to before, that's never how long it took. Same goes to the loading times of the vehicle/map/scenario selector and the framerate which too dropped heavily, although I here too don't have any comparison it just feels much more laggy, before I could smoothly play on ECA and now it always keeps hanging.

You have to hold your mouse above the Esc-menu, otherwise it'll disappear immediatly.

#77 DirtGamer301, Mar 11, 2016
  18. Petunia

Petunia
    Expand Collapse

I've been testing the new update thoroughly, and I find that the radiator starts leaking quite easily. For example, I took the fully off-road Gavril and took it on the test ground and even whilst taking a mild jump it would start leaking at an odd rate of something like 0.002. Is this just me or do others notice this as well?

19. 777-300ER

777-300ER
    Expand Collapse

Disreguard, issue on my end.

20. BeamE

BeamE
    Expand Collapse

The timer in scenarios does not slow down enough (or at all) when slowing down the game speed.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice