1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

0.39 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fluffy Panda, Jul 29, 2026.

  1. mrechidna

    mrechidna
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2022
    Messages:
    48
    Vulkan is fucked. Only able to spawn 3 cars IMG_2035.png
    --- Post updated ---
    What needs to be done is optimising amd parts for dx12 mainly cpus with directx using a shit ton of cpu
     
  2. FoxieKnoxie

    FoxieKnoxie
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2026
    Messages:
    109
    I have spotted many bugs such has mods if you have 300+ they will be dissabled and it will spawn to little traffic and this image_2026-07-30_103508334.png
     
  3. madval26

    madval26
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2026
    Messages:
    451
    Looks like the car got a new hood from a different LeGran at a Junkyard
     
  4. FoxieKnoxie

    FoxieKnoxie
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2026
    Messages:
    109
    yeah i don't know why it is red
     
  5. madval26

    madval26
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2026
    Messages:
    451
    hey, gives off a "Used Car" vibe
     
  6. guofangcloud

    guofangcloud
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2025
    Messages:
    27
  7. JlnPrssnr

    JlnPrssnr
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2016
    Messages:
    457
    Vulkan mode seems to ignore the mods in traffic cars settings.
     
  8. FilipGra24

    FilipGra24
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2017
    Messages:
    11
    Is it intentional that I can only select a maximum of 15 UI apps? When I try to add a 16th UI app it disappears again.
     
  9. Mbiz3

    Mbiz3
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2024
    Messages:
    189
    I cant run vulcan, i tried and got about 10 fps less then i did with DX12. But DX12 didn't work right either so im stuck with DX11
     
  10. Franz027

    Franz027
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 8, 2020
    Messages:
    4,889
    screenshot_2026-07-30_16-54-17.png

    Why is my graphic like this??
     
  11. mahxib

    mahxib
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2024
    Messages:
    36
    I know this thread is currently being bombarded with messages but I was wondering if anyone has reccomendations for what I should do about these issues. Additionally, I want to make sure these are known issues.

    D3D12

    Using this renderer I get the usual frame drops already mentioned in this thread (some people experiencing improved framerates while others experiencing losses). Unsurprisingly, GPU seems to be the bottleneck with everthing else being under little to no strain.

    Intel i7-7700 CPU
    Intel HD Graphics 630

    Yes it is worth noting that I dont have a dedicated GPU (the one I have doesn't get picked up by my computer). However, I am also experiencing a graphical issue which I have only seen one other person have and I just want to make sure it doesn't go unnoticed as I dont know how many people are suffering this issue.
    Graphics.png

    I believe this happens at certian angles when the sun reflects off of the car which creates a glare and sometimes the error can be very extreme.
    Graphics2.png

    This problem only occurs with low lighting level and above but not with lowest as I guess the effect gets disabled at that point but at the cost of everything else .I fear the answer may be that I need to bite the bullet and get a new GPU but obviously I don't want to do that. If there was a setting to turn the effect off manually it would be great as even without the graphical error, I personally never found this effect very realistic at all (I can't think of a time I have seen this effect in real life for example).

    My issues dont end there as when I try to open West Coast USA my memory shoots up to around 95% until it gets to the "vehicle loading" stage where the game finally reaches the limit and crashes.
    .png

    Strangley, trying the same thing in safe mode still results in a game crash but insted of this error message, it just brings up the classic "beamng has stopped working" error log.

    D3D11

    Using this renderer, my FPS is noticeabley better and I dont get the strange graphical glitch i previously mentioned AND West Coast loads quickly! But of course that would be too simple.
    Lighting.png

    I guess thats why they call it an outdated renderer.

    Vulkan

    Using this renderer, the game for some reason crashes on startup with the error log coming up so Vulkan does not save the day.

    I have cleared cache and checked integrity with 1 conflicting file but I couldn't make sense of any of it so it seems like im out of options for playing this game. Im just hoping that these issues are common so they can hopefully be fixed in a hotfix. Is there anthing that can be done about these issues? If not, is there anything I can do? If this is a more suitable thread for me to write this please tell me and I will delete this eyesore of a post.

    Thanks.
     
  12. madval26

    madval26
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2026
    Messages:
    451
    What really sucks is that sometimes the Options can't even load, like i tried to basically reduce the brightness of the lighting ingame (which i don't even know what's the name of that option), because i don't want to end up burning my eyes in the process
    upload_2026-7-30_17-56-57.jpeg
     
  13. Drivesafe4

    Drivesafe4
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2020
    Messages:
    416
    Extremely grateful that they fixed the replay file sizes. While the UI is a bit cluttered and takes more clicks than necessary to get to menus that used to take just one, already used to it and not as much of a shock as the sudden annoying UI updates in 2024. The update wasn't too bad up until I could no longer spawn any car on any map all of a sudden. While it did that annoying thing where it spawned me under the map with no car, all I had to do was use the freecam to go back up and spawn one. Now it constantly gives me the
    "System limit reached, unable to load vehicles". Now I can't load in even one car. Eagerly waiting for the hotfix so I can actually play it again.

    On an RTX 3060ti/Ryzen 7 3700x/16gb ram, which all of them is considered low end nowadays, but still.
     
  14. xman2505

    xman2505
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2021
    Messages:
    7
    PLEASE add the ability to completely turn off the auto exposure/bloom. It absolutely cooks my eyes and makes the game almost unplayable.
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. FoxieKnoxie

    FoxieKnoxie
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2026
    Messages:
    109
    i don't play in vulken but when i play i will only have like 1 2 3 or 4 cars
     
  16. madval26

    madval26
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2026
    Messages:
    451
    Makes the game look deepfried on lowest graphics
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. TDK

    TDK
    Expand Collapse
    FLIT KILLS MOTHS
    BeamNG Team

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2017
    Messages:
    648
    Thank you. We're looking in to this right now. Appears there have been some undocumented FMOD API changes, and we generally don't run mods... at least I don't.
     
    • Like Like x 6
  18. Agent_Y

    Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2020
    Messages:
    10,667
    If we removed it the entire game would be so bright it would be completely unplayable during day and during night you wouldn't see anything... Auto exposure is the exact thing that balances the brightness in game
     
    • Agree Agree x 12
  19. beamn driver

    beamn driver
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2021
    Messages:
    559
    Developers, in update 0.39, dynamic mirrors began to reduce performance even more. My guess is that the shadows that appeared in the reflections of the mirrors in update 0.39 are to blame. Could you add the option to disable shadow display in dynamic mirrors?
     
  20. Franz027

    Franz027
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 8, 2020
    Messages:
    4,889
    Why my meshes are looking so horrible?

    screenshot_2026-07-30_17-15-52.png screenshot_2026-07-30_16-54-17.png
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice