1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

0.39 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fluffy Panda, Jul 29, 2026.

  1. wearyNATE15

    wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2015
    Messages:
    1,310
    Not sure if it's been reported yet, but this building has no collisions.
    screenshot_2026-07-30_00-15-45.png
     
  2. minediamonds304

    minediamonds304
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2021
    Messages:
    19
    while trying out the freeroam tutorial i got stuck loading on the vehicle selector
     
  3. MR.CLARKY

    MR.CLARKY
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2018
    Messages:
    7
    hey all running into some issues with 39 graphical, tried cash clear safe mode redownload and different graphics settings and nothin some help would be so appreciated.
     

    Attached Files:

    • Screenshot21.png
    • image_2026-07-29_222231691.png
    • image_2026-07-29_222353874.png
  4. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

    NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2015
    Messages:
    1,487
    The new updates look stunning but they haven't been kind to us 1060 plebs at all. I remember, years ago, getting 100+FPS on maps like Utah and Industrial Site with some fairly high settings. Now I get 40-60 depending on what's on the screen (including which direction I'm facing), with some drops into the 30s if I'm doing something extremely heavy like driving an Ardente at night. (Speaking of which, the Ardente has more of an effect on FPS than the Scintilla somehow.)

    Would be great if the AI bros hadn't permanently mooned the price of GPUs and RAM, but the slop factory must continue to expand I guess
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. Mr Engineer

    Mr Engineer
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2017
    Messages:
    75
    I noticed this too, they might need to make the screens dim with the outside brightness like they do irl
     
  6. Deef_

    Deef_
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2021
    Messages:
    27
    i5 12400 5.0ghz, rtx 4070, 32gb ddr4, 1440p - after the update, my fps dropped from a stable 75+ to an unstable 60, on the West Coast with 12 traffic cars. I lowered the settings from medium-high to medium. I play through vulcan.
    I also noticed that the headlights on the ETK 800 are practically useless at night and don't shine far enough.
     
  7. Cookiehead

    Cookiehead
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2023
    Messages:
    531
    First of all, this is not the final release of 0.39 so don't think that it's gonna be like this forever
    Second of all this has been reported many times, you can try using Direct3D11 (the old graphics API) so you can get around 60fps.
    Older GPUs have more problems running the modern Direct3D12 api it seems.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. minediamonds304

    minediamonds304
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2021
    Messages:
    19
    the lua console shows error "Failed to build pause vehicle selector route snapshot : [string "gameplay/discover/FreeroamTutorial/vehicleSel..."]:54: attempt to index local 'config' (a nil value)"
     
  9. OozieBiscuit

    OozieBiscuit
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2026
    Messages:
    8
    Hey guys, is this only available on Steam? I dont see it for download on Humble.
     
  10. Computeryze

    Computeryze
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2022
    Messages:
    660
    Running the native Linux version has worked fine for me. Performance seems to be the same if not maybe even a bit better than 0.38 on my 4060. I did create a clean user folder though to avoid any issues and just moved some of my stuff into it after it was created (like bindings and configs).

    I do have some feedback and issues to share though:
    - The bloom just seems a bit too intense to me. I think a lot of other people have mentioned this as well, but it often makes things look off or makes it difficult to distinguish color:
    039.png
    - The mineshafts in Utah don't seem to be dark at all when driving through them in a car, but if you free cam into them without a car inside, they get pretty dark.
    - Also in the mineshafts, I noticed that moving through them quick in free cam causes this white glow on all four corners of the screen.
    - Sometimes when loading into a map, whether it be from another map or the main menu, I get flashbanged, then see a weird hue before it fixes itself:



    Besides that, I haven't noticed anything else, although I haven't played for that long to be fair. Either way, the new Ardente and the new graphics look awesome, and even with bloom being a bit too much for me, driving at night on WCUSA is infinitely better than before :)
     
    #330 Computeryze, Jul 30, 2026
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2026
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. combatwombat96

    combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2018
    Messages:
    749
    Will we later have the option of changing the headlamps in older vehicles to later/different styles lamps? Looks like there is the provision in the configuration menu to select different headlamps, yet there are nothing in the drop down menu... H4 retrofits anyone ?
     
  12. GabsGTS6-R

    GabsGTS6-R
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2026
    Messages:
    9
    So... has anybody else got this error? I've cleared cache and reinstalled BeamNG.
     

    Attached Files:

    • Screenshot2026-07-30081107.png
  13. DriftinCovet1987

    DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2016
    Messages:
    1,843
    The devs once did an experimental branch many years ago (0.3.6-0.3.7.4, 9 Sep 2014 - 3 Feb 2015). This was during the early days of the Sunburst and T-Series, two major breakthroughs for the devs. (The Sunburst was the first post-2000 vehicle, with all the traction aids, and the T-Series was the largest.) I feel like if any update since then would've benefitted from that approach, it would've been this one. With how much has changed, and with how long the wait was, it probably would've been helpful to prevent incidents like 12 July and it would've given people a better idea of how the new graphics would perform. However, I understand it wouldn't have been practical to do that and support 0.38 and work on the PS5 version.

    Yeah, we haven't had many major graphical jumps since 0.23 (which was more than five years ago). (What also didn't help was that the devs said that it would run better despite the graphical improvements. Maybe that'll be true in the future, but I dunno how an extra 12 GB and more detailed lighting can run as well as previous versions.)
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. GTMoraes

    GTMoraes
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2025
    Messages:
    20
    Textures have been a hit or miss. After a while they just get this bad and doesn't get any better. Notice that even the picket fence is messed up.
    If I pause and stand still, it gets better. But that sucks.

    I'm using a RTX3060Ti 8GB VRAM, 32GB DDR4, Ryzen 5 3600, 4K resolution. Settings mostly on Normal
    Maybe this isn't a 4k setup for beamng anymore.


     
  15. peugeot5088

    peugeot5088
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2026
    Messages:
    3
    yeah new update fix the plate system and config system and add selectable old ui and old graphics i want make configs but your team just make worse the config and config thumbnail system
     

    Attached Files:

    • Ekrangrnts2026-07-30082832.png
  16. bluespace

    bluespace
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2025
    Messages:
    4
    The first image is using the Direct3D12 renderer, and its bloom is acting up, but everything else is fine. The second image uses the Direct3D11 renderer, and the shadows are totally black (you can’t see anything), the water rendering is messed up too, no blue surface (check the image for details), and bloom doesn’t work. The third image uses the Vulkan renderer, and the shadows are totally black (nothing visible), the water rendering is off as well with no blue surface, but the bloom is working fine.
    Can this problem be fixed?
     
  17. russia_aleksei

    russia_aleksei
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2026
    Messages:
    28
    Why isn't my car coming?:
     
  18. peugeot5088

    peugeot5088
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2026
    Messages:
    3
    they make beamng just worse i dont want make config now
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. ShakeandBake

    ShakeandBake
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2025
    Messages:
    469
    Yea, and CK even says here unless you're CPU bound, don't expect anything. It's hard to compare directly because .38 high =/= .39 high and such. But yea we'll see how everything goes from here. Them boys with 1060/2070s are SOL, I'm sure of it. Time to hit FB marketplace or something for atleast a 12gb GPU
     

    Attached Files:

    • Screenshot2026-07-29223721.png
  20. russia_aleksei

    russia_aleksei
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2026
    Messages:
    28
    I'm talking about the player's car.
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice