1. Thread posting restricted: Only the BeamNG team members can post new threads in this sub-forum in order to prevent spam. Posting is available on unlocked threads.

0.33 will be delayed

Discussion in 'Microblogs' started by tdev, Jun 27, 2024 at 1:01 PM.

1. Christian S.

Christian S.
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Because we have gotten at least 1 new car or a remaster of a car each update that the game has seen and it kinda spoils the pattern

2. The Raccoon

The Raccoon
    Expand Collapse

Okay... Let's get back on topic and put ourselves together. No need for hostility.

That being said, are we looking at rework of the current framework, or an addition to the current one? Will there be more user-friendly UI changes included with it? I have more questions just no words to form it lol
    --- Post updated ---
    We don't always need new content in every update, nor do we need to force the dev team into a deadline they cannot meet within reason. If they need time, they need time. They are just as human as yourself, and we all have limits, especially when it comes to hours on end writing, fixing, testing, and debugging thousands of lines of code. Framework could help with streamlining that process in the future, so let's watch how this flourishes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vibestation 5

Vibestation 5
    Expand Collapse

who cares? you're still getting bugfixes, do you prefer a 2 FPS ui or a car?

4. Lordlichi2006

Lordlichi2006
    Expand Collapse

you are owed nothing
    the devs already work a lot, they dont need annoying children like you being annoying them for not "doing enough" when they are in fact doing more than enough

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Christian S.

Christian S.
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I have never said they aren’t doing enough but I think just a few scripts is little for a full-blown update

6. Métronome

Métronome
    Expand Collapse

That's right. And in addition we have part 3 of the T-series remaster which has been announced since the 0.32 devblog, so despite the delay there will still be enough content to have fun.

7. Lordlichi2006

Lordlichi2006
    Expand Collapse

ok? but still you are complaining about it

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. the dog

the dog
    Expand Collapse

christian the goat of instigating and arguing for no reason, read the whole thread and theres a solid 2 pages of you both arguing for no apparent reason

either way, if major under the hood developements are being made, im all for it, as that usually leads to great things. as a coder myself, im all for "under the hood" changes which improve the ease of addition of new features, for example. massive projects like beam are more likely have a wacky code base, leading to weird and unexpected beheaviors. best of luck to everyone on the dev team and i hope the crunch time isnt too hard on you guys :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. TwoTwoNine

TwoTwoNine
    Expand Collapse

This might seem a bit far fetched, but with the game engine is it physically possible for PBR materials to support specular mappings? Being able to have a colored shine other than just the roughness could provide the basis of creating pearlescent paints. That is, unless there is a better way to go about something like this that I'm unaware of.
    upload_2024-6-27_17-10-27.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Leeloo

Leeloo
    Expand Collapse
    The Little Engine That Could
    BeamNG Team

Please keep the discussion civil and constructive.

• Agree Agree x 22
    • Like Like x 4
  11. DannyZGR15

DannyZGR15
    Expand Collapse

That would be interesting. Pearlescent colours would be a great thing to see.

12. Lordlichi2006

Lordlichi2006
    Expand Collapse

YES YES YES, i dont know how it would work but YES

some people get on my nerves a lot, sorry mate

13. DannyZGR15

DannyZGR15
    Expand Collapse

Just block them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. energypolice52

energypolice52
    Expand Collapse

On behalf of whoever initially asked this, could door chimes be added to cars sometime?

• Like Like x 2
  15. simsimw

simsimw
    Expand Collapse

I need to know: what are your plans with the light runner mode. It’s really useless nowadays since most cars got removed for remastering

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. moses72

moses72
    Expand Collapse

will light shadows and or a revamp of the day/night system come in the future? (also wen monhawek remadter)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. united.

united.
    Expand Collapse

can we vote ban or sum

18. amuguuuuu

amuguuuuu
    Expand Collapse

If it's a remaster I hope it was Sunburst, Hopper or SBR4.
    But seriously, I hope the update goes well, everything in your time, everything will be fine :)
    --- Post updated ---
    Do you have a poll to choose the car to remaster?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tyleroo

Tyleroo
    Expand Collapse

Ask you anything? Hmm.....

Whats coming in the new update, at least one tiny tiny small hint as compensation. Pleaseeee

20. Miss Flapper

Miss Flapper
    Expand Collapse

Any idea on how to do dirt and scratches? And if we can expect it in the near future?

• Agree Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice