1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.27 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leeloo, Dec 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hacker420

hacker420
    Expand Collapse

now you have a submarine

• Like Like x 3
  2. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

EVs do not turn on their brake lights during recuperation in-game, despite the UN standards for passenger vehicles including the illumination of brake lights (section 5.2.22.4. in these guidelines) in relation to the vehicle deceleration speed under application of regeneration systems.
    (UN standards are also the reason a Tesla's brake lights only turn on at 40kW or about a third of full regeneration power.)
    US law also permits these systems to activate the brake lights (in Title 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations; Device activation of Stop lamps: "[...] Must be activated upon application of the service brakes. [...] May also be activated by a device designed to retard the motion of the vehicle.").
    The FCV and eSBR are new enough to be under affect of the UN paper listed above which was published in 2011.

Compared to most EVs I have been in, the coasting regeneration on the Vivace E also feels too weak and can barely stop the car on a slight slope. The Tograc qE does a better job at this, but still feels too weak.
    The eSBR 300's coasting regeneration is way too weak however, it struggles to stop the car even on a flat road. The AWD trims act similarly to the Tograc qE.
    One-Pedal-Drive, as the name implies, should allow the car to be driven comfortably with the use of only a single pedal, but all EVs in BeamNG still require the application of the normal friction brake too often.

#682 DaddelZeit, Jan 21, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. GEKA

GEKA
    Expand Collapse

upload_2023-1-21_22-48-5.png
    I found a small gap on the west coast of the USA , and it is visible from the road

4. SupremeDalek73

SupremeDalek73
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but the dynamic lighting in some situations is quite bad.

In this tunnel on Jungle Rock Island, when not directly underneath a light source it is completely black.

However just by moving a few metres forward the whole tunnel turns to the same brightness as the standard shadows.
    I know the limitations of the game engine are responsible for this, and it's really not gonna be noticable in normal gameplay, but I just think ambient lighting is something that needs to have a bit of work done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. beamn driver

beamn driver
    Expand Collapse

in the modification of the cherrier "vivace" interior, where there is a backlight on the doors, when the ignition is turned off, it does not go out, in hirochi Sunburst, approximately in the configuration where there is a radio with a navigator, when the ignition is turned off, the navigator lights up, although it should light up when the equipment is turned on, and in soliad wendower nothing goes out at all when turned off even when the ignition is turned off, the emergency light should work, and the handbrake indicator should not light when the ignition is turned off, especially for old cars, and new ones should go out after a while, and the ecs and tsc bulbs also do not go out when the ignition is turned off

#685 beamn driver, Jan 22, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
  6. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

The rear right upper control arm is missing on the Covet.
    Rear left:
    upload_2023-1-22_22-16-27.png
    Rear Right:
    upload_2023-1-22_22-16-37.png

It's not even in the .dae

Rear Left:

Rear Right:

There is a gap between the oil pan and the engine block:
    upload_2023-1-22_22-18-10.png

The engine mount clips with the front left halfshaft:
    upload_2023-1-22_22-18-33.png

The lower arms up front both have cracks in them
    upload_2023-1-23_0-23-13.png
    upload_2023-1-23_0-23-36.png

The steering raises the front wheels when they hit full steering lock on either side (left or right).
    Right before full lock vs full lock:

I also have had a strange and very annoying bug ever since this update came out, whereby mods I add to the mods folder won't show up if the game is running- I have to restart the game to get them to appear in the mods manager and in game. In the past, after adding a new mod the game would simply freeze for a moment and then the mod would be fully loaded, without having to restart the game.

#686 Acrain7, Jan 23, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. nawa

nawa
    Expand Collapse

Odd. I had it like that for a while. I think since the new menu UI, I have to restart the game after updating the mods from repo even if I haven't loaded a map yet, otherwise I will have issues with them.

8. hacker420

hacker420
    Expand Collapse

just call it structural rust /s

• Like Like x 3
  9. Doge_guy

Doge_guy
    Expand Collapse

Yep, another title problem; But now in 'Credits'
    Screenshot2023-01-19191924.jpg

10. ghghg

ghghg
    Expand Collapse

Why is it always when I open BeamNG when i validate on steam, 10 files always fail to validate?

11. Meccanizer

Meccanizer
    Expand Collapse

I've sorta fixed this by dragging the file outside the mods folder then dragging it back it seems to allow the mod to load while the game is running.

• Like Like x 1
  12. im a person

im a person
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

yes

13. Covalence

Covalence
    Expand Collapse

A few UI messages that shouldn't be shown:
    1. The game now instructs you to start a seized engine (which was not shown before 0.27)
    2. Breaking a wheel with no tire on it shows "tire deflated" (although a simple if statement could make it read "wheel broken" when no tires are equipped instead)

14. Covalence

Covalence
    Expand Collapse

A few other random bugs, all tested in safe mode:
    • The piano prop no longer plays the crash sound and requires some serious damage to stop playing music, even surviving a 50mph hit once
    • The odometer on the D-Series clips behind the late dashboard (might have been reported already, but I missed it if so)
    • Releasing the node grabber while holding Shift+3/PgDn causes the key to "stick", meaning selecting another node pulls it down instantly and moving to interior cam (with seat adjustments enabled) causes it to lower to -40cm. Selecting a node and then pressing 3/PgDn "unsticks" it but you sometimes have to reset the seat position from Options>Camera.
    The third bug has existed as long as I've owned the game, although a possible extension of it is that you can give input to a car while tabbing away and it will continue doing that (which I wouldn't consider a bug, it's quite useful for making simple scenarios).

edit: The shifters on the D-series also clip together when in H2 and 2nd gear:

#694 Covalence, Jan 24, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
  15. LPerez94

LPerez94
    Expand Collapse

About 13km from Gas Station.. That's a longass road.. We gonna need another Gas Station

screenshot_2023-01-25_15-28-41.png screenshot_2023-01-25_15-28-57.png

16. Palkia88

Palkia88
    Expand Collapse

I think we really need a proper demolition derby game mode \ AI setting where you have multiple vehicles and the AI's have random targets including the player. They will attack their assigned target until the target's engine breaks or if they don't move for 15 seconds. When the target is destroyed, they select another target and attack it. This would be much better than using Chase AI for demolition derbies because the AI will attack each other and not just you, so it's more realistic.
    Or instead of attacking an opponent until they die, the target gets randomly reassigned every minute.
    It should work as a game mode, scenario game mode, and UI app for use in free roam.
    If possible, I think this would be very beneficial as it adds something we've needed for a very long time and is innovative.

While this is definitely a job for the devs, I wonder if there are any modders that might want to try making a kind of proof of concept of this idea. If anyone has questions, please reply.
    --- Post updated ---
    Literally the Fast and Furious 7 runway [I think it's 7.]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. simsimw

simsimw
    Expand Collapse

Probably run cracked version too on acer aspire laptop on lowest setting, (why the graphics haven’t changed)
    Up until 0.24 I had a shitty pc and I would run the game on lowest. I had no idea they added one in 0.23 and when I got my new pc, the game looked so much different!

18. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Thanks for reporting, I fixed this back in december, the bugfix will be included in v0.28 :)

• Like Like x 4
  19. Doge_guy

Doge_guy
    Expand Collapse

Thanks!
    For a reminder:
    Screenshot2023-01-26211047.jpg Screenshot2023-01-26211714.jpg

20. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice