1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.25 Discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leeloo, Jun 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. afasfsa

afasfsa
    Expand Collapse

Been having the longest texture issues with the etk800 interior. but recently the new race interior for the FCV and the new supercar all have the yellow textures.

2. Joobles

Joobles
    Expand Collapse

Hi, first of all I love this update and the new Scintilla, it's so cool! There are a few issues I have with this update though. The world editor, more specifically the Material Editor, is completely messed up. Why can't you change the groundmodel for a material anymore? That feature was really nice for objects like ramps or tracks that weren't just default road, and going into the files to add it manually is very tedious and requires a lot of memorization of each material's name and properties. Also, the material preview window is broken, instead of showing the material like it used to it now just shows up as black. However, a few certain materials do load properly, so I am unsure what causes it.
    baffled2.png scinrenderfail.png

3. TrickMaster585

TrickMaster585
    Expand Collapse

I think that is just you. (shy laugh)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. FenderBenderTV

FenderBenderTV
    Expand Collapse

No, that is not just you, it used to share the indicator sound with the vivace, 800, and k-series

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Amazing stuff all around, has anyone found the Scintilla's parts selector surprise yet? I looked for it on day one and couldn't find it.

Also, I did some messing around with the new AI races, specifically the ones that spawn only or mostly road cars to race against. The thumbnails for Street Tour both show a Gavril Barstow that does not appear to be in the AI opponent rotation and also, as far as I can tell, does not match any known factory config (hidden headlights and painted bumpers mean either Lancehead or Kingsnake, spoiler and what I can see of the wheels indicate Kingsnake specifically, but it doesn't have the rear window louvers seen on the LH/KS and seems to be lacking the latter's distinctive cowl hood as well). The "provided car" for Street Tour (Bolide 350) is also theoretically well above the basic and second-level cars you'll be racing against, but in practice copying the AI's ETK 3000ix is an easier way to win.

I also noticed that for Highway Battle, the AI uses a DCT Sunburst RS, while the player gets a manual.

6. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

• Aero control (Uses active aero elements to battle oversteer)

Is it possible to use front active aero to battle understeer?
    --- Post updated ---
    • AWD control (Manipulates the AWD system in order to better manage various driving scenarios)

Does this implemented in Kc6tx to RWD when the vehicle is understeering?

I'm a bit confused. There are lots of "todo change once understeer can be detected reliably" in the lua files. Is it very difficult to detected understeer?

#526 default0.0player, Jun 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
  7. kwai38

kwai38
    Expand Collapse

Hint: It's in the skin section :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. ARES IV

ARES IV
    Expand Collapse

That is not a bug, that is a feature:)

This.

A cold start puts a particular strain on an internal combustion engine.
    • Most oil has returned to the oil pan, greatly increasing friction on moving parts until the oil pump has starts to deliver fresh oil.
    • Main bearings and camshaft bearings start up dry, greatly increasing friction and wear and tear.
    • Oil is cold, making it less viscous, thus reducing lubrication efficiency.
    • In sustained operations, some parts like the pistons become very hot and expand, requiring tolerances that are large enough when the engine is hot. Those same tolerances will be to wide when the engine is cold, leading to increased blow by (which causes oil poisoning) reduced torque and piss poor emissions.
    • Speaking of emission, cold exhaust cleaning does for the most part, not work, making the first few minutes of driving the dirtiest.
    • Componets heat rapidly but uneven, causing increased material stress.
    • In petrol engines, part of the fuel condenses in the intake tract or in the cylinder, so that more fuel has to be supplied

For all those reasons, a freshly started cold internal combustion engine is not fully loadable and as such, one should avoid both high loads and high RPMs to avoid significantly reducing the lifetime of the engine. This is accuratly reflected in the Scintillas Tachometer recommodation and honestly a great feature. :)

PS: Electric motors, being little more than a shaft spinning inside a magnetic field, dont suffer any of these problems.

• Like Like x 3
  9. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Electric motors suffer from demagnetization at higher temperatures. When the electric motor reaches curie temperature, the permanent magnets lost their magnetic properties, sometimes permanently. This, in turn, will cause a sudden loss of torque AND back-emf, the latter will cause overcurrent in the motor armature, possibly destroying wiring and power inverter.
    Electric powertrain thermals are not simulated in BeamNG, yet.

• Like Like x 1
  10. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

No idea, please describe the issue so we can know what you are talking about. In addition, please send a support report. Thanks!

11. JowoHD

JowoHD
    Expand Collapse

this isn't really a bug, just an interesting thing i dont think ive seen anyone post
    in the files for the scintilla, the "scintilla_gauges.png" shows the car in a wet mode that (afaik) doesn't exist on the car in-game

Attached Files:

• upload_2022-6-19_13-5-2.png
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

The ffb felt weird until i changed update type setting from fast to full... Fanatec dd1

• Like Like x 1
  13. ARES IV

ARES IV
    Expand Collapse

I was talking about cold starts ;)

Of course you can overheat any heat producing device if you just raise environmnetal temperature enough/reduce the capability of venting heat.

There are however several factors that make an EV motor overheating a pretty unlikely scenario:

• Electric cars are modern cars which means that similar to modern ICE cars, they tend to be well designed.
    • An electric power unit generates magnitudes less waste heat than an ICE of identical power, greatly reducing the required power level of the cooling system.
    • Most manufacturers by now have switched to liquid cooling which is very beneficial as waste heat from the motor can be used to heat up the battery in cold weather.
    • Some manufactures even introduce a heat pump into the battery - motor cooling cycle which allows that vehicle to run both at below high environmental temperatures.
    • Being directly linked to the wheels makes operator errors like reving the engine while being stationary less likely and while pulling a heavy load uphill at slow speed will obviously cause the problematic high load low speed situations, yet the fact remains that waste heat from an electric motor generating 100 KW (136 HP) is in the range of 5 - 10 KW compared to an petrol engine that will cause 200 KW of waste heat (of which a significant part will leave through the exhaust but still) and that is just far less heat energy to worry about and is easily cooled with a fraction of the cooling power of an ICE cooling system.
    • Finally, we have electronic control systems that will reduce power before temperatures can reach a critical level. Also similar to how some modern ICE mainstream cars force an engine shutdown if temperature exceeds a certain value for a certain amount of time.
    • Power density is also an important factor... most electric motors used in street cars and trains are actually just air cooled besides operating for countless hours under harsh conditions.... they get away with it because they are relative large for their power output and as such they have sufficient passive/fan asissted cooling.

I am all for the addition of EV thermals one day in the future in BeamNG.... but just like in real life, the limiting factor will almost certainly be the battery and not the motor.

14. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

I think that it's because car issues affect everyone, but FFB only effects the minority that don't use keyboards. I hope it gets solved for you though!
    I don't think we needed an EV advertisement, what lobbying company do you work for and why do you practice here? :D

• Like Like x 2
  15. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Does your issue disappear if you disable the Oversteer reduction assistant?

16. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

Hey, does anyone know why the small patch was given the entire 0.25.1 title, rather than just 0.25.0.1?

17. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Because it fixed a big problem
    --- Post updated ---
    H y d r o p l a n i n g _ m o d e

18. TrickMaster585

TrickMaster585
    Expand Collapse

There is a big problem with the new car. The Civetta Scintilla to be specific. When you remove parts on the body, the back part starts to sway and clip. I have a video of it here. It happens when you remove the rear back glass on the hardtop body. This is a big problem considering this is a new vehicle. Someone please get this to the right person.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tran

Tran
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, the FFB seems fine in all conditions EXCEPT when the vehicle is oversteering, in which case the FFB is completely dead. I have tried this with oversteer assistant disabled, enabled set to 0, enabled at default settings etc, and it is still dead every time.

20. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

I really like that we finally have wigwags and soon all police cars will have them. But. in Bastion wigwags are placed behind projectors which is strange. Main role for wigwags is to warn someone visually from many angles as possible. That why wigwags are placed in reflectors, because light will be visible from better angles. However, if car doesn't have reflectors then if possible, other lights will be used like DRL or completely custom light will be made. For example new Dodge Charger have similar lights to Bastion - one projector, DRL and blinker. So, DRL are used as wigwags in police cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice