1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.24 Discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leeloo, Dec 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

It is TAB, you can't change into AI controlling car anymore.

2. scaleop4

scaleop4
    Expand Collapse

--- Post updated ---
    its a bug i have the same problem
    --- Post updated ---
    its a bug

3. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Pessima folder has no cache in it, so the game will generate Pessima cache every time on map load

4. XBFY35

XBFY35
    Expand Collapse

I have an issue where my default configuration will not load on launch, instead, it loads the blue D-Series. To add, I cannot save any configs as my default. I've tried the "load deafult" button in the vehicle menu, however this does nothing, and no new vehicle appears.

5. Aerohead1999

Aerohead1999
    Expand Collapse

So there is no way of fixing this issue?

6. Sp0rkly

Sp0rkly
    Expand Collapse

Idk if someone already said this, but (for me at least), setting a car as default spawn doesn't works, and just spawns the classic blue D-Series.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Config preview images with spaces in the name don't load and they used to before

8. BNG-FUN

BNG-FUN
    Expand Collapse

Hello! Thank you - as always - for continually bringing us these game updates! I have two pieces of feedback that I'd like to share for your consideration...
    1. With photo mode activated and the camera positioned somewhere, previously, I could open World Editor (i.e. to start/reset Script AI paths) and then close World Editor while keeping the positioning of the camera in place. Now, since the update, when World Editor is closed, the game insists on placing the camera back at the active vehicle (rather than keeping it where it was left off in photo mode).
    2. I'm noticing that with some vehicles and maps (admittedly, mostly mods) that when the game is paused sometimes the audio continues for up to half a second or so. Also, occasionally a squelching sound (not sure how to describe it best?) is heard before it's cut. I know this was happening in a previous version of the game and was corrected in a subsequent version. Just wanted to mention it in case something can be done to make the audio cut in a 'cleaner' way when paused.
    Thanks again for your consideration and all that you do!

• Like Like x 1
  9. havocNG

havocNG
    Expand Collapse

That Beep sound on the vehicle selector was really cool at first, quickly got annoying, can it become disabled?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. crashitall

crashitall
    Expand Collapse

but i noticed that the ai when in traffic mode on the ai app not the traffic app doesn't stop after a collision.
    they would have their hazards on but they wouldn't stop.
    the ai is also not reacting to sirens.

11. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

that’s weird. The ui is blazing fast for me, every click is instant

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. BlackMetal

BlackMetal
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if it was mentioned but in world editor decal roads used to be able to use any material created now it's not the case anymore although mesh roads can use any material so I'm guessing it wasn't intended. I really want to start creating new maps and get more experience but it's getting more tricky every time. Doing it manually in json didn't help as well

13. Franz027

Franz027
    Expand Collapse

I can't understand what is causing this...

14. Radoslav Klucar

Radoslav Klucar
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone:)
    I would like to report a problem, which has been here for longer time for me. Generating thumbnails when saving a config does not work properly: there is no thumbnail at all - this happens to me now. When there was 0.23 the thumbnail generated, but as as a literal screenshot containing whole UI and configurator.
    Thank you for reading this and mostly thank you for creating this gorgeous game!

15. Belvedere58

Belvedere58
    Expand Collapse

I beg the team, please fix the spikeyness of the Burnside. The rear doors and rear quarter panels are the biggest trouble areas.

16. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Noticed one more mistake on the doors of the H-Series, this time on the Right Side Doors on both the Vanster and Passenger variants. The Rear Right Side Door and some of its sub-parts are registered as ''Front Right Side''.

edit: I also found out which exact Passenger versions don't have the Rear Door Panels on their Rear Doors: the H35 XT Passenger (Champagne-on-Quicksilver in the vehicle selector) and the H35 4WD LXT Passenger (Black-on-Charcoal) - both are facelifted variants.

Attached Files:

• Inked2021-12-059_LI.jpg
    • Inked2021-12-057_LI.jpg
    #696 McBeamer94, Dec 5, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  17. lilredmachine

lilredmachine
    Expand Collapse

To be fair, you don't exactly have a representative PC going from the specs in your forum signature. I run an 8700k OC'd to 4.9ghz, 1070TI with an OC and 16gb ram, which handles FH5 at 65fps on 1440p ultra just fine. I get lag in the updated beam UI/menus, which it never used to do and quite frankly with specs like that no game menus should lag it. The fact that the UI works perfectly fine in your utter behemoth of a system kind of points out that the UI is horribly optimised, as if you need a pc like yours to run the UI smoothly, precisely what the f*ck is going on behind the scenes to lag mine? :p

• Agree Agree x 8
  18. umustbeloggedintododat

umustbeloggedintododat
    Expand Collapse

<deleted>

#698 umustbeloggedintododat, Dec 5, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  19. Milendur

Milendur
    Expand Collapse

Considering you are playing on a modded map this issue isn't on BeamNG's side

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. umustbeloggedintododat

umustbeloggedintododat
    Expand Collapse

The map is entirely AI noded
    --- Post updated ---
    Nevermind, that part wasn't noded for some reason...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice