1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

0.22 Userfolder Path Changes

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Leeloo, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Lethal_Drifter1

Lethal_Drifter1
    Expand Collapse

Sadly, when 0.22 was released, my game basically reset. When I set a new user folder path, it wiped out all of my mods, configs and settings. And when the patch for 0.22 came out, the same thing happened. I am so confused. To the devs, may u please make a guide on how to retrieve/restore mods, configs and settings from a previous update to the new one? I guess this will help most of us in adjusting to the new user path scheme. Thanks!
    --- Post updated ---
    This basically happened to me. My data was overwritten to the new update blank user folder which somehow deleted them. That is all! Thanks!

2. Uzthiudiskazspreko

Uzthiudiskazspreko
    Expand Collapse

I not understand how it is not working for you. It is all working on my end. All my settings, mods, and so on have been kept as is without anything missing.

3. Ciulik102

Ciulik102
    Expand Collapse

My game isnt starting, i get a message that i have an old version on my pc (altho i dont) when i click ok nothing happens.

4. KyotoBlissard

KyotoBlissard
    Expand Collapse

Is there a working solution yet ? My game reset too and lost all my mods and vehicle configurations.

5. Bigmane

Bigmane
    Expand Collapse

which folder is my saves in?

6. NuclearKnight

NuclearKnight
    Expand Collapse

All of my script AI paths are gone, where are those stored in the old User Folder so I can transfer them?
    --- Post updated ---
    Nevermind I see they are in the "replay" folder! Glad I didn't lose em lol

7. rnd2k

rnd2k
    Expand Collapse

upload_2021-4-6_20-28-26.png

With the update LeGran was ok, with the small update its broke ? ? ? ?

#47 rnd2k, Apr 6, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  8. ORIGENLp

ORIGENLp
    Expand Collapse

Since the update its unplayable. It freezes everytime i start it and want to do anything. Especially when trying to change the vehicle. before all of that it was totally fine. To be fair, I have a 6 year old Laptop. I dont even know where or what the problem is. Well i hope that the hotfix changes anything. I can still hope.

• Like Like x 1
  9. QUTER[6PuGADA™] 2

QUTER[6PuGADA™] 2
    Expand Collapse

The game freezes while using the NodeGrabber. If I do something very fast, the game freezes and crashes after some seconds.

10. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

I can't find the cache files, the ones that are called "cache [game version name]"

11. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I think they are now called "temp" or something instead of "cache", deleting them has the same effect as clearing cache so I guess that's it

12. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

And while on this topic, does doing a deep clean of cache have the possibility of deleting custom configs and other things in the user folder other than mods and settings?

13. The Stig Is A Spy

The Stig Is A Spy
    Expand Collapse

While I understand the decision to move the user folder from Documents to AppData, does there need to be a separate folder for each version? It gets annoying, especially with all the hotfix versions.

Not to mention how those who are exporting Automation cars are faring...

14. Aeroracer

Aeroracer
    Expand Collapse

Agreed... All of my Automation stuff is gone, including all of my other mods. The repository shows that I'm subscribed to the mods, but none of them are showing up. Are they showing up for you? Is there a solution available for this yet?

15. Remy S

Remy S
    Expand Collapse

Hi guys, I need help looking for the old mods folder in my c: drive. I can't find them after I updated the game today. I last played the game on the 11th of March 2021. Thanks.

#55 Remy S, Apr 24, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  16. Roland botello

Roland botello
    Expand Collapse

My mods are not showing up in my repository. I’ve cleared cache and I tried to move my user folder and nothing works. Any way to resolve the issue?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice