1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.20 Discussion thread | Use Safe Mode before reporting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leeloo, Aug 6, 2020.

1. herespizza

herespizza
    Expand Collapse

Almost every single mod I have doesn't spawn in with wheels.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

To the Developers (Collectively);
    Thank you for the addition of the FOV readout in the #5 Relative View. This was one of my personal requests, you said you were aware of it already, and it would be addressed in V20, which it was. You kept your promise. I'm duly impressed. :cool: Keep on keeping on!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Toron Beldevar

Toron Beldevar
    Expand Collapse

I had two versions of Inkscape installed, because when I updated it, it didn't replace the original one I had. That must have been when I started having problems with BeamNG's user interface. Everything I tried didn't work: deleting stuff from my documents folder, reverting changes I had made to core game files (which were tests), and reinstalling the whole game twice today.

I used the embedded CEF and made another slight change to one of the main game JS files which confirmed that the "drive.svg" that's supposed to be at the top of the main menu is a valid file. Then I saw the Inkscape icon when I browsed for the file in Explorer. I figured just for giggles that it was somehow causing the image to not load in the game, so I uninstalled the older installation but kept the updated one. And sure enough, everything was working again.

I'm not sure what your issue was, but if it had to do with SVG images not loading, then that must have been the same case for you. I'm not sure.

4. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Huh, that's one of the images that isn't loading for me too. I tried installing the new version of inkscape just to see if that'd fix it but nope. Agh :/

5. Gabriel Mani

Gabriel Mani
    Expand Collapse

I have the exact same problem, the game works fine if i go into safe mode tho but i've reinstalled the game and it still happens

The console just tells me it failed to open a bunch of shader files.

Attached Files:

• 20200807011714_1.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. jabtn2

jabtn2
    Expand Collapse

In the Roamer facelift, the windows that have broken previously do not always get fixed when recovering or resetting to initial spawn location. Pictures attached. All mods disabled.
    Screenshot30.png
    Screenshot31.png

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

Did you just deactivate all mods, or actually open safe mode? I don't know if there is a difference, but there might be.
    Also, did you verify integrity?
    and clear cache, but I assume you've already done that.

8. Brickturn

Brickturn
    Expand Collapse

upload_2020-8-6_18-41-40.png

It appears the chrome trim rings are clipping through the wheels. Great update though having loads of fun

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. blackjack8289 2

blackjack8289 2
    Expand Collapse

I had the same issue and traced this back to the ItsYourBoi tire mod

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. carsmin

carsmin
    Expand Collapse

please bring back old wheels code? things. If we knew it would effect, we would not downloaded the 0.20

11. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

So...it's finally come. The 20.0.0 update with a 2000's Roamer and 2 maps merged into one. Lotta 2's for one update.

TL;DR: Big updates, thanks for the new Roamer and the common wheels/tires, still missing a few things here and there.

This is hot. Like, spicy hot. I am so glad that this exists - it's perhaps a bit too upscale to be a Roamer (it could easily be a Burnside SUV), but I...wasn't a fan of the old Roamer front end.

screenshot_2020-08-06_15-32-17.jpg

This 2000's Roamer is the early-2000s - the rap videos, the tween shows, the prequels, the hangover from the '90s, the panic after 9/11, the huge recovery after the dot-com crash - in one vehicle, and it is gorgeous in that awkward early-2000s way. Thank you, devs, for adding this vehicle to the game. Just thank you. It's become my second-favorite vehicle in the game behind the Pigeon; I love it that much. We got a new BCPD trim with it, as well. And it closes the gap between the pre-2000s vehicles and the 2010s vehicles masterfully, and with minimal effort. That is awesome to see.
    screenshot_2020-08-06_13-20-43.jpg screenshot_2020-08-06_13-21-01.jpg
    screenshot_2020-08-06_13-18-16.jpg screenshot_2020-08-06_13-15-06.jpg

However, there are a few bugs I've noticed. Despite having 286 horsepower, the XT and LXT facelift versions are listed with 237 horsepower, and have the same performance and weight of the pre-facelift XT and LXT. Performance data needs to be updated for the facelift Roamer configurations.

Also, BCPD and Street Tuned configs are listed with the years of 1992-1999, even though they are facelift versions.
    screenshot_2020-08-06_09-18-17.jpg screenshot_2020-08-06_09-18-08.jpg

I was a bit hesitant about the idea of combining the two maps again, but it does work quite nicely. I especially love the high-speed bend on the racetrack; it makes the perimeter layout much faster. However, that still leaves us with only two towns and three small "villages" outside of Italy, which...isn't preferable for career mode. Is a Texas-style town planned in the near future?

No 900cc engine, yet again. Can't say I'm surprised.

Can confirm, it does work now. Thanks for this; it was really bugging me for a while.
    screenshot_2020-08-06_10-25-56.jpg screenshot_2020-08-06_12-59-59.jpg

Not listed: adjustable rev limiter for the 313. It's not a 4-barrel carb, but it's...sort of okay? Not sure how what point there is to the adjustable rev limiter if there's no performance long blocks to take advantage of it.
    screenshot_2020-08-06_07-56-26.jpg

Bug: Straight six is way too powerful and torquey for its displacement. It should have ~120 horsepower and ~210 lb-ft of torque to make it about equal to the Super-Thrift six.

Not mentioned: the Moonhawk six now has an adjustable rev limiter. That's cool, but it still doesn't give it any more power. The sidepipe was removed from this engine in 0.19, and it hasn't returned for 0.20.
    screenshot_2020-08-06_10-28-21.jpg

It's nice, but...why can't I adjust the race ECUs on the 1.6L L4, 2.0L L4, and 2.5L L5? I can do that on the Hirochis...why can't I do it with the Vivace?

The modern ETKs didn't get adjustable ECUs or turbos or performance long blocks in this update, either. Why is that?

Not listed here: Straight-piped straight six now combined with regular straight-six
    screenshot_2020-08-06_09-30-28.jpg

Powerband for V8s now fixed to allow them to rev smoothly to 7,500 RPM

and
    Twin four-barrel and quad carburetors now added, both adding 7-8 horsepower over a four-barrel carb; twin four-barrels have lower high-end power than quad carbs
    screenshot_2020-08-06_09-27-13.jpg screenshot_2020-08-06_09-27-27.jpg

These are all very good to see, and I thank you all for fixing these...but why do the TrackSport and Kingsnake (both road-going vehicles) still have racing slicks on them?

Also, outside of stacks, exhaust manifolds have no effect on power on any vehicle that has the option to swap the manifolds - even though they should.
    screenshot_2020-08-06_09-27-54.jpg

All of this is very good.

Not listed here: D-Series straight-six now has a fuel-injected intake and late ECU, allowing you to add 22 horsepower (165 -> 187) to the engine. This is a big addition to the game - thank you.

Also, early intake for the 4.5/5.5 V8s now has an effect on horsepower - if you select it, you lose ~30 horsepower over the stock intake.
    screenshot_2020-08-06_09-13-52.jpg

This is all very good to see - thank you. I don't really have any issues here, other than maybe there should be different interiors for the '92 and '00 Roamers to differentiate them more.

Very exciting to see this - now the D/H/Roamer has finally been fully brought up to modern standards. I'm a bit disappointed we didn't see the classic Barstow/Bluebuck V8s for the D-Series or turbochargers for the 4.1-liter straight-six, but this is still good.

Glad to see that my suggestion to fix the taillight part value was taken into account - thanks.

"The Malodorous" is an awesome name for the derby configuration, and really cool to see.

Now that I can strip more weight out of the Covet, it ought to be even more competitive than it already is. Thanks.

It's great to see more customization bits for the Hopper...but unfortunately, the Trackday configuration doesn't really work, IMO, due to the lack of tuning parts for the straight-six that configuration uses.

Also, the V8s' new values are completely imbalanced with the four-cylinder and six-cylinder. Why would I want to buy a $9,000 straight-six when I could buy a more-powerful V8 for $1,300 or $1,600? The Hopper V8s need their values increased tenfold to make them balanced with the other Hopper engines.

I guess that makes sense..it's an acceptable tradeoff, I suppose.

Not much for the '88 Pessima. However...

This is great to see! Will we be seeing other tuning options for the V6 in the near future?

I love all of these options, especially the square wheels. Thank you.

Another new prop to smash. Awesome!

Drag tires for 4-lugs - aw, yeah!

This is the best thing I have ever seen from an update. Thank you guys so much - you have no idea how helpful it is for me. I'll be having fun with this for a long time. Thank you again, and thank you for the millionth time to whomever made this possible.

Unfortunately, some wheels still don't have common tire options. The 15x12 wheels and 14x7 Alder Luxo, at a bare minimum, do not have this option.

This is...interesting, to say the least. I'm not sure how this will affect gameplay, but it may prove confusing to new players. I still appreciate it, either way.

Awesome! Nice to see more realism in this area.

All of this is very cool to see, especially the improved turbo BOV logic. Thanks.

I tried out Warehouse Run in the 4WD LXT Facelift Roamer, and it was fun. Really nice to see more of these slower, smaller courses. Did the warehouse area replace the drift course? I'm not quite sure, but whatever it's supposed to be, the warehouse area is some good fun.

This all sounds cool, and I just tried out the new chase AI, with a 4WD XT Roamer chasing me in a base facelift Roamer, and the AI handled itself nicely around the Utah highway loop. It didn't keep up with me, but that's because the facelift Roamer is so fast. It certainly seemed more competent than before, but I'll have to do some more extensive testing to determine if the AI has actually improved.

Also, bug: FCV trims still do not have any population data, even though the Roamer facelift trims do. Why is this the case?

All of this is very cool, and it has helped with loading times and FPS quite a lot, but I'd still like to have the option to change multiple parts at once with physics paused without the vehicle reloading itself, like in 0.19. Perhaps it could be a toggle-able option?

Loving the new water physics! I tried it out in the Labrador, and I really liked splashing around in Containerland with the new splash effects.

The updated Pitch and Roll apps are so cute! Really like them! However, what about the simple vehicle damage app? A lot of people have been asking for an update to that app to represent more vehicle types (as shown here, on this Reddit post). Will this be possible in the near future?

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. consulaisme

consulaisme
    Expand Collapse

shouldn't the radio and HVAC controls light up also when the lights are on?

Attached Files:

• screenshot_2020-08-06_20-04-48.png
  13. tristian7878

tristian7878
    Expand Collapse

im getting the same problem without mods

14. GBS

GBS
    Expand Collapse

upload_2020-8-7_13-47-3.png
    after 0.20 update there is absolutly nothing in all maps, i cant even see a car, only sound and exaust smoke

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Uzthiudiskazspreko

Uzthiudiskazspreko
    Expand Collapse

G'day everybody. I have found a bug with back window of Gavril Roamer. When back window with wiper is switched to back window without wiper, it breaks.

Attached Files:

• brokenhinterwindshieldbug.png
  16. HeepXJ40

HeepXJ40
    Expand Collapse

anyone have the link to the new wiki with this new world editor being "officially" implemented?

17. A Russian Pineapple

A Russian Pineapple
    Expand Collapse

The left turn signal light flare is slightly away from the light, as you can see in the below image. The right flare is positioned properly. This only affects the facelift lights as far as I can tell.

roamerturnsignalbug1.png
    (it is in safe mode)

18. galaxynote2

galaxynote2
    Expand Collapse

Yup. No crash sounds on my end. Video has mods yet I've tried with safe mode and still is the same thing. Some sounds are missing and others are pretty low volume. Also:
    -UI is unresponsive for a few secons when you respawn a car
    -Before this update I was able to change a lot of car parts with physics paused, now everytime I select a new part the game loads it, paused or not.

19. JZStudios

JZStudios
    Expand Collapse

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the Ibishu Hopper Crawler has the rear diff U-joint offset. It also doesn't spin. Upon further review, the placement shifts when... shifting, like it's incorrectly tagged as the shift knob or something, which seems odd considering it's an automatic.
    The front right wheel U joint spins in counter-rotation to the drive axle.

#139 JZStudios, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  20. Dark Master

Dark Master
    Expand Collapse

I have a problem with D-Series.
    When loading the car it shows radiator but when i go to radiator support says empty View attachment 704873 I cleared cache and after that run in safe mode and still nothing upload_2020-8-7_7-56-24.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice