1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.19 Discussion thread | Use Safe Mode before reporting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Apr 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enforcer_98

Enforcer_98
    Expand Collapse

The set of 4 rollers don't spawn properly. They spawn as a diagonal pair which do measure out to the closest cars' wheelbase but one diagonal pair are underground. the nodes for them are visible but they physically aren't there.

Attached Files:

• upload_2020-4-11_18-42-1.png
  2. fylhtq7779

fylhtq7779
    Expand Collapse

If you look at the tire tracks at a right angle, something strange happens

3. TN R

TN R
    Expand Collapse

You need to spawn them in the partselector. This is normal

4. mhikari

mhikari
    Expand Collapse

OK....I some how notice some thing.......this problem only happen at "traffic" mode

5. AMDFreak2006

AMDFreak2006
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the testing. I reinstalled the 0.3.8 version also again and found out you are totally right. I guess I must have played with a modded map back then or my memory about this is completely wrong :D

Nonetheless it would be quite cool to make the Gridmap a bit bigger in terms of size. And since its perfectly possible to drive "over the edge" and continue driving, I see no issue in simply adding a texture!?

#425 AMDFreak2006, Apr 11, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  6. mamatari

mamatari
    Expand Collapse

Would it be possible to add hill start aid or automatic headlights on the recent cars like cherrier or ETK ?

#426 mamatari, Apr 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure if it is just me but I find the vivace tograc very easy to damage the steering, you can be hammering it a bit too much and maybe hit a rock or bump and it will mess the tracking up quite a bit (where other cars would survive just fine).. this normally is ok to have off centre steering but it messes up the ESC,ending up in it constantly braking and you unable to accelerate... Rendering the car a bit useless.

The simple answer to this is to be a bit more gentle with the car but in derby situations, I can imagine this car to be a bit useless.. In fairness I can't imagine the steering setup in real life to be strong either

Also I take it you guys know that sport mode on DCT cherries doesn't work.. it's just the same as drive.
    *edit* it's improved, no longer do you get it whizzing to redline, it will function as normal Drive but relax a lot later, which is more like a normal car!

#427 Michaelflat, Apr 11, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. AMDFreak2006

AMDFreak2006
    Expand Collapse

Depending on the camera angle (behind the illumination point of a light source), when the light source is turned on the first time, it shines trough the car for a short amount of time. after the first time, if the camera angle is stable, it won't happen again. But if you turn the camera to be in front of the light sources and repeat the turning again it happens again. The video explains it a lot better (pay attention to the rear lights shining through the hood at 13 seconds or the front lights in the trunk lid at 27 seconds.
    No mods installed, night time for better visibility, highest graphic settings selected.

It seems that this error does not happen when the lowest graphic settings are applied, but starting with "Low" setting, the error happens.
    Maybe its an error with reflection calculation or an illumination problem in the renderer?

Attached Files:

#428 AMDFreak2006, Apr 11, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. pinki

pinki
    Expand Collapse

How do I want to play with the new editor already, upload_2020-4-11_21-44-33.png it's a pity it's not all activated and where did the recording editor go? to record the route of the car and it went on it? And why not make it possible to use other objects from other maps :( ? I would add an excavator, and if just stupid folder "art" then the obects spawn but other textures break, can someone tell you how to transfer from Italy obects to gridmap.

10. Mr_StickShift

Mr_StickShift
    Expand Collapse

I noticed that as well, seems quite weak on steering axles, maybe just because its french :p

Jokes aside, yeah the steering does seem to like to become off centre quite easily even on small bumps, I was driving at around 60 on the updated Small Island, brushed a rock and i’m missing a wheel.

11. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

For some reason changing gearbox behavior by selecting in left options menu is not working. Modes don't change. But pressing "Q" button change the modes.
    --- Post updated ---
    By the way, Sunburst Hillclimb pulls left slighty. And SBR Hillclimb PULLS RIGHT seems even more then Vivaci. I don't know exact behavior in old version, but is fact now. (tested in safe mode only with keyboard)

#431 den_chik, Apr 11, 2020
  12. Chat's7

Chat's7
    Expand Collapse

Hi!

First of all, thank you very much for this impressive update!

I noticed a problem with the Cherrier's shock absorbers. When you turn the wheels, a lot of things spin. Like the connecting rod, but also the shock absorber.

You can see it on this screen, but also in debug mode with the "Normal" view for example ;)

20200411150156_1.jpg

I've make a short video to show you that

#432 Chat's7, Apr 11, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. TestaRossa

TestaRossa
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

The replay system is in dire need of a rework: the gauges (both analog and digital) and navigation system do not work, and the car vibrates a lot — especially during longer drives. Also, headlights sometimes keep blinking after being turned off/switched to high or low beams.
    This video was taken in Replay mode and shows all the described issues:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. phjnvr

phjnvr
    Expand Collapse

First of all, a big thank you to all the devs for their work.
    And now couple of things to fix: 1. Gendarmerie lightbar glows through the body of the FCV. 2. Not 0.19 specific but on the remastered maps with nighttime lighting it glows through vehicle bodies.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_2020-04-10_16-31-42.png
    • screenshot_2020-04-10_16-01-21.png
  15. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Next hotfix we will make them more visible (and pretty)
    http://media-cdn.beamng.com/zj04fgY1TXWwSWEM

This is a known issues on our ToDo, the flares are not occluded by the car.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. vidderus

vidderus
    Expand Collapse

The h25 long wheelbase says plsu instead of plus.

17. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

LeGran have shining plate holder. I think before has just plastic one.

screenshot_2020-04-11_16-21-55.png

18. Deleted member 337571

Deleted member 337571
    Expand Collapse

I don't know what it is

19. _Diamond_Coal_

_Diamond_Coal_
    Expand Collapse

This was in 0.18, maybe even earlier

20. Mr_StickShift

Mr_StickShift
    Expand Collapse

That is the brake drum I believe (or the axle housing) probably got a conflicting mod or it is a beamNG issue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice