1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.19 Discussion thread | Use Safe Mode before reporting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Apr 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

whilst true in a sunburst, a modern lorry with DCT may have issues on an incline

2. umustbeloggedintododat

umustbeloggedintododat
    Expand Collapse

Now, I'm no coder, but isn't the Vivace supposed to be here?
    Um.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Docco

Docco
    Expand Collapse

Just turn them on* and then off. Happens all the time.

4. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

Just find this feature. Arsenic S310 turns left by high torque. Woulnd't traction control compensate that?

#404 den_chik, Apr 11, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  5. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

The Vivace's ESC likes to lock up the rear inside wheel in low speed turns, mainly when that wheel has little or no weight on it. It does not affect handling, but it looks silly.

6. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

That's a bug, not a feature. Does the Sunburst Hillclimb turns left at high torque? No. Turning by high torque only occurs at solid/live axle suspension. Also I didn't notice the turning in the Vivace, you may want to check your side
    --- Post updated ---
    DCT in BeamNG does rev-matching, but sometimes they are not synchronized.
    Below 4th gear a VW DSG simply coast in idle when downshifting, only in gear after you hit the gas, which is very laggy(I did drive the VW Passat once so I can tell)
    As a real-world driver I can tell creeping in DCT is very uncomfortable due to laggy clutch actuation and the lack of torque multiplication.

#406 default0.0player, Apr 11, 2020
  7. TheShipMaster

TheShipMaster
    Expand Collapse

The camera sees through the roof on the bluebuck in driver mode but not in relative
    --- Post updated ---
    actually more than the bluebuck

Attached Files:

• 284160_20200410203724_1.png
    • 284160_20200410204054_1.png
    • 284160_20200410204938_1.png
  8. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

9. aesthetic_tea

aesthetic_tea
    Expand Collapse

How/where do I set my default vehicle now? Previously, it was in the garage, but now with that feature removed, where do I change it?

10. androx

androx
    Expand Collapse

In the vehicle selector there is a button that says "Overwrite Default".

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

Here:

Attached Files:

• default.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. aesthetic_tea

aesthetic_tea
    Expand Collapse

Thank you, I ignore this button so much that I completely forgot it existed lol.

13. BeamNG.Lover2002

BeamNG.Lover2002
    Expand Collapse

not sure if this has been mentioned, But if you change drive modes a lot (like switch into sport to overtake, comfort when on major roads, no tc and esc on small roads and offroad on all dirt roads)(changing drive modes more then five times in a minute) the esc will decide to hate you and make the car undrivable(like one wheel is braking non-stop) If you reset the car it stops this problem but it can be annoying if you switch drive modes a lot and push the car hard. it works on most cherrier config(tested half of them)

NOT MY VIDEO:

watch:2:25-2:35

#413 BeamNG.Lover2002, Apr 11, 2020
  14. Calarist

Calarist
    Expand Collapse

Kudos to the devs for adding Bluetooth wheels to the D-Series in the most recent update. I've never seen this successfully implemented before and it's amazing to see in action!

In all seriousness, the skin is the only mod being used on the D-Series, it happens with every frame, all wheels (5, 6, and 8 lug), all rear suspension types (Standard, 3-Link, and HD), and it happens on the Roamer as well, but not the H-Series. It almost seems like the ability for rear wheel axles to break has been removed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. btcb48

btcb48
    Expand Collapse

Not OP but noticed this via the wheel speed and simple brake thermals app;

In extreme situations like doing ESP-off steady state donuts in the I5 AWD models, the brakes on the front axle will activate on both wheels in alternation causing the front wheel speeds to oscillate.
    (i.e. full steering + full throttle in 1st gear = eventual stable rotation on the spot until the engine or the inside front brake gets killed)

In this case, should the outside front brake ever come into play?
    At the rear, only the inside's brake is used.

Certain angles of steady drifting can cause this too, similar to that UK Top Gear TV show track test with the then new Evo X sliding continuously around the STi.

Without the apps, and at normal game speed, it can seem as though both brakes are being used at the same time.

16. michael2000xdja

michael2000xdja
    Expand Collapse

hi someone can tell me if this happen to anyone? just downloaded the new update and started normaly and this happen. the version 0.18.4 worked fine already tried delething the beamng documents folder but stays the same

17. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

The D-Series rear camper shell obscures the the third brake light. If it had its own third brake light mounted on it (on the top part, where the third brake light on the D10 is) it would fly, but it doesn't. That means it doesn't comply with federal regulations (like the Roamer barn doors), and with the camper shell the D-Series wouldn't be allowed on public roads.

• Agree Agree x 7
  18. aesthetic_tea

aesthetic_tea
    Expand Collapse

upload_2020-4-11_4-31-31.png
    This pic doesn't really show it justice but the names of the colors are very hard to see when dark mode for the UI is on. It's just a jumble of different shades of white.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Alex [ITA]

Alex [ITA]
    Expand Collapse

The flare of the front left blinker is still there even if the light is broken. I was able to replicate this quite a few times.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. mhikari

mhikari
    Expand Collapse

The AI route speed can only perform one and only speed (around 68-70 KMH) no matter which number you set , for either "limit" or "set" mode.
    a.png a1.png

(tested in safe mode , using SSRB only for easier photo shooting...as it's mostly straight.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice